Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Nth Korea cuts Military Hotline to Sth Korea

north korea; south korea;

• Please log in to reply
187 replies to this topic

#151    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:39 PM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 10 April 2013 - 07:54 PM, said:

Exactly.

Unless you really do believe that they'd both be prosperous, thriving democracies if it wasn't for the nasty US Sanctions?

Actually my friends Dad in iran was very well off before the sanctions now he is struggling...

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#152    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 7,963 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:41 PM

View PostCoffey, on 10 April 2013 - 08:37 PM, said:

I never once sided with NK.... lol

My post was nothing to do with NK, it was proving to you that it's not a conspiracy theory about bankers it's a fact.

I disagree completely.

Sanctions are a declaration of war. They always have been.
they want a one Korea, so do the South. Remmeber they have China as an ally, trading with them and the Russians would make them. But they still throw out propaganda

#153    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:17 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 10 April 2013 - 08:41 PM, said:

they want a one Korea, so do the South. Remmeber they have China as an ally, trading with them and the Russians would make them. But they still throw out propaganda

North Korea has been crippled by sanctions, and I would hardly call them a trading partner with China instead they send all their output from their mines as Barter every day for Oil and goods.They are really in bad shape and it wouldn't take much to bring their house tumbling down.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#154    sear

sear

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

• "A prudent question is one half of wisdom." William James

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:24 PM

"They are really in bad shape and it wouldn't take much to bring their house tumbling down." s1  
Well, it worked on the Soviet Union.

#155    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,950 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:41 AM

View PostCoffey, on 10 April 2013 - 08:37 PM, said:

I never once sided with NK.... lol

My post was nothing to do with NK, it was proving to you that it's not a conspiracy theory about bankers it's a fact.

You have been doing nothing but blaming the entire crisis in Korea on the US and only on the US. How poor North Korea gets sanctions put on them by the mean old America when all they want to do is turn Seoul into a ocean of fire and kill millions of civilians.

Bankers have nothing to do with what's happening right now in Korea. Zero. You're just trying to use them in an effort to blame the US.

Sanctions are a declaration of war. They always have been.

Times North Korea has declared the ceasefire void: 6
Time the US has declared the ceasefire void: 0

And based on your reasoning, which I do partly agree with, China is declaring war on North Korea as well. They're supporting the US sanctions after all.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#156    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

Often Unsatisfactory

• 23,748 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:59 AM

View Postsear, on 10 April 2013 - 10:24 PM, said:

Well, it worked on the Soviet Union.
What worked on the Soviert union was Gorby's refrorms, which, given how effective they were at bringing about the disntegration of the USSR, it could be argued that he was actually the most inept leader a country has ever had, or perhaps that he was a CIA plant, planted to destroy the Evil Empire from within.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#157    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 7,963 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:32 AM

View Postshaddow134, on 10 April 2013 - 09:17 PM, said:

North Korea has been crippled by sanctions, and I would hardly call them a trading partner with China instead they send all their output from their mines as Barter every day for Oil and goods.They are really in bad shape and it wouldn't take much to bring their house tumbling down.
Without sanctions. The North Koreans started the war and with a screw loose family I don' think they will calm down weather there is a USA or not

#158    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,586 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:47 AM

I don't see Korea being unified anytime soon, and I think it would be a serious mistake by the West to push it.  A regime change in the North is very much needed, but I think unlikely, and if it happens it will either be something internal that we don't see coming or something the Chinese engineer.

Most likely this will all pass in a year or so once the North has extracted all the money and other concessions it thinks it can get.

Two things really bother me: first, the northerners are getting away with things that would have brought severe sanctions if they were behaving more rationally.  This is a clear reward for behaving irrationally.

Second, Iran and the serious danger what it is doing presents has faded from view because of all the Korean noise.  I would not be the least surprised if this were not part of what the North Koreans are up to.

#159    skookum

skookum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:05 AM

NK embassy in London was cleared out yesterday.  To be honest I didn't know they even had one, it was in a residential house in Ealing. lol

Posted Image

#160    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:07 AM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 10 April 2013 - 08:41 PM, said:

Yes the North wants a free from US interference and free from the central banking system the South has. The South wants the opposite.

View PostCorp, on 11 April 2013 - 03:41 AM, said:

You have been doing nothing but blaming the entire crisis in Korea on the US and only on the US. How poor North Korea gets sanctions put on them by the mean old America when all they want to do is turn Seoul into a ocean of fire and kill millions of civilians.

Bankers have nothing to do with what's happening right now in Korea. Zero. You're just trying to use them in an effort to blame the US.

Never once blamed it on the US ( I think this is now the 10th time I've had to explain this exact thing) I jsut said they don't help the situation at all. Sanctions and Muscle flexing are obviously going to make the situation worse not better. That is not blaming them for the start of it. I know NK is a problem I'm far from stupid.

Funny that, the bankers are mostly British families.... So that doesn't even make sense. lol

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#161    sear

sear

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

• "A prudent question is one half of wisdom." William James

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:50 PM

"What worked on the Soviert union was Gorby's refrorms, which, given how effective they were at bringing about the disntegration of the USSR, it could be argued that he was actually the most inept leader a country has ever had, or perhaps that he was a CIA plant, planted to destroy the Evil Empire from within." CR
You didn't read Gorbachev's Perestroika?

Russia thrives now, compared to where the Soviet Union was in second half of the 20th Century. Difficult to imagine how Russia would be where it is today without Gorbachev's leadership.

"the most inept leader a country has ever had" CR
It is very rare, that a nation is fortunate enough to have such a capable, visionary, selfless leader that such nation is notably uplifted by that leadership.

We're addressing the order of leaders that have made spectacular constructive improvments, like George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, & Nelson Mandella.

#162    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,950 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:51 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 11 April 2013 - 09:47 AM, said:

I don't see Korea being unified anytime soon, and I think it would be a serious mistake by the West to push it.  A regime change in the North is very much needed, but I think unlikely, and if it happens it will either be something internal that we don't see coming or something the Chinese engineer.

Most likely this will all pass in a year or so once the North has extracted all the money and other concessions it thinks it can get.

Two things really bother me: first, the northerners are getting away with things that would have brought severe sanctions if they were behaving more rationally.  This is a clear reward for behaving irrationally.

Second, Iran and the serious danger what it is doing presents has faded from view because of all the Korean noise.  I would not be the least surprised if this were not part of what the North Koreans are up to.

I don't think the West is pushing for unification at all. We just want North Korea to be less crazy and stop using 1984 as a basis for government policy.

Anyway sounds like NK might be calming down a bit. Seems they're still using troops as farmers and construction workers so they don't seem to be gearing up for anything big. Plus they're talking about this big marathon that involves several foreigners so they're not completely shutting the country down. They might fire a rocket into the ocean and then quietly start to try and build up relations again.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#163    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

Often Unsatisfactory

• 23,748 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:58 PM

View Postsear, on 11 April 2013 - 02:50 PM, said:

You didn't read Gorbachev's Perestroika?

Russia thrives now, compared to where the Soviet Union was in second half of the 20th Century. Difficult to imagine how Russia would be where it is today without Gorbachev's leadership.

the ultra-ultra-ultra rich oligarchy thrive, you mean.

It is very rare, that a nation is fortunate enough to have such a capable, visionary, selfless leader that such nation is notably uplifted by that leadership.
by destroying his country and leaving it in the hands of the buffoon Yeltsin? Some legacy there.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#164    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

Often Unsatisfactory

• 23,748 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:00 PM

View PostCorp, on 11 April 2013 - 03:51 PM, said:

Anyway sounds like NK might be calming down a bit. Seems they're still using troops as farmers and construction workers so they don't seem to be gearing up for anything big. Plus they're talking about this big marathon that involves several foreigners so they're not completely shutting the country down. They might fire a rocket into the ocean and then quietly start to try and build up relations again.
When Seoul, which I can never spell, had the Olympics in whenever it was, '88, did NK participate then?

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#165    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,586 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:04 PM

All these arm-chair pundits declaring this world leader inept and that one a buffoon and so on get me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users