Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

2 members of PussyRiot in gulags

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,245 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:56 AM

I don't make up the names of the band's ma'am,I just report them being arrested .
^_^

Miss me?

#32    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 3,968 posts

• "The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:12 AM

Maria Alyokhina and Nadezhda Tolokonnikova.

May Amnesty International never forget them.

#33    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 11,825 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

View PostI believe you, on 29 December 2012 - 09:59 AM, said:

No, but you can go in a church, cuss at Putin even if he is not there, and that would be blasphemous since blasphemy, the world-over, is not going to use the strict defintion you provided. "Insulting people's religious sentiments" such as cussing in a church would be considered blasphemy in Russia.

Any more questions?
So anyone can invent whatever definition they would like or is convenient for any word they choose.  This is dangerous and stupid when it involves legality and people being sent to prison.  But I understand.  Powerful people such as Putin don't need to follow the same rules as other people.

#34    Spiral staircase

Spiral staircase

Breaking

• 3,607 posts

• Such an ugly feeling that won't leave.

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

View PostOverSword, on 03 January 2013 - 03:25 PM, said:

So anyone can invent whatever definition they would like or is convenient for any word they choose.  This is dangerous and stupid when it involves legality and people being sent to prison.  But I understand.  Powerful people such as Putin don't need to follow the same rules as other people.

Only if it were so easy to blame Putin.

I am not for supporting the current situation but only understanding it. This is not about Putin specifically but about culture and society in Russia in general. Take Putin out and this will still be happening.

Over 80% of Russians support the harsher blasphemy laws there. When you have a whole society who support a different definition for blasphemy than the one you linked, which was not a legal definition btw, I just wanted to point out that not everyone is going to go with that.

As far as if Putin is evil or holy, attacking or defending him, that is boring to me man. Have fun I only want to understand more not pick sides (I support PussyRiot but that is not nearly as important or interesting to me than merely understanding the situation in total).

Edited by I believe you, 03 January 2013 - 03:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users