Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

America planned for an attack on BRITAIN

Persia

Emerging world power feared British reaction to its ambitions

Plan Red was code for massive war with British Empire

Top-secret document once regarded as 'most sensitive on Earth'

$57m allocated for building secret airfields on Canadian border - to launch attack on British land forces based there

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2039453/How-America-planned-destroy-BRITAIN-1930-bombing-raids-chemical-weapons.html#ixzz1YXFr97YR

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blackwhite

• Setton

• ThePhantomFlanFlinger

• Chimpanzee

I don't see the big deal, many contingency plans were made in regard to a number of potentially hostile nations.

Any well prepared military force develops plans according to possible hypothetical scenarios. That is what military strategists do, they plan.

Emerging world power feared British reaction to its ambitions

Plan Red was code for massive war with British Empire

Top-secret document once regarded as 'most sensitive on Earth'

$57m allocated for building secret airfields on Canadian border - to launch attack on British land forces based there

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2039453/How-America-planned-destroy-BRITAIN-1930-bombing-raids-chemical-weapons.html#ixzz1YXFr97YR

And this is a surprise how??????????? <_<<_<<_<

cant really see thepoint of this topic tbh.

I'm sure every country has a plan to invade every other country should the need arise. Heck we had a plan in place to invade the US :P

• 2 weeks later...

I don't see the big deal, many contingency plans were made in regard to a number of potentially hostile nations.

Any well prepared military force develops plans according to possible hypothetical scenarios. That is what military strategists do, they plan.

I think you'll find that America would have been the aggressor in this case, not the British Empire.

The US wanted to invade Canada - then a part of the British Empire and which posed no threat to America - because it was jealous of Britain's huge empire and wanted a part of it for itself. It also planned on invading Britain's Caribbean colonies.

Plus, planning on unprovokedly gassing to death millions of people and taking over their cities is more reminiscent of Nazi Germany than the "good ol US of A."

Edited by Blackwhite

Gotta keep those damn red-coats in check I guess. After all we don't want them reclaiming the colonies.

This was the 1930s we're talking about, not the 1770s. I hardly think the "redcoats" posed much of a threat to America then.

The Americans were planning on invading Canada because they wanted rule it and get the wealth. It wasn't planning on invading Canada because it saw the British Empire as some sort of threat.

Edited by Blackwhite

This was the 1930s we're talking about, not the 1770s. I hardly think the "redcoats" posed much of a threat to America then.

I think that was sarcasm.

Edited by DeltaEcho

I think you'll find that America would have been the aggressor in this case, not the British Empire.

The US wanted to invade Canada - then a part of the British Empire and which posed no threat to America - because it was jealous of Britain's huge empire and wanted a part of it for itself. It also planned on invading Britain's Caribbean colonies.

Plus, planning on unprovokedly gassing to death millions of people and taking over their cities is more reminiscent of Nazi Germany than the "good ol US of A."

I don't think Britian ever has had anything that America would be jealous of. You act as if you are an expert....NOT.

This was 1930 not 1950

Britain was still the worlds leading superpower and the US wasnt even one yet. Its army was backward and its industrial base far below the capabilities of England. This sounds to me like a hypothetic what if scenerio created by their military just incase they ever needed to.

Right now I bet you Britain, France, Germany and the US will all have a secret plan just incase. It doesnt mean it will happen anytime soon. Not unless Russia joins the EU Muwhahahaha!

Edited by Chimpanzee

Of course every country has a plan in place to invade every other country should the need arise. That's the issue here. This wasn't an attack planned in revenge or to claim independence or anything like that. It was power grabbing, pure and simple. From the sounds of it, the US wanted control of the entirity of North America and probably would have gone through with the plan had WWII not brought the two countried together as allies.

Makes sense.

Every nation will invade/steal/murder/pillage/enslave ANYONE they think they can get away doing so to.

its hardly suprising that the USA wanted a slice of the pie, bearing in mind that by the 1930's the British Empire had ruled most of the earth with a fist of iron for over 150 years. Britains Navy was, at the time considered pretty much invincible and had not lost a single major naval engagement in 300 years.

It had massive wealth from India and its over seas possesions and the ability to call upon millions of men from commonwealth nations. As well as the most modern, advanced and comprehensive level of industrialisation in the world.

It had also been nasty, bloodyminded and devious about making such aquisitions.

So I can totally understand why a young nation like the USA would want to make a land grab if it could.

Absolutely heard of the case when the US government under FDR had a bone to pick with Neville Chamberlain, then came Winston Churchhill (who's mother is American) made a compromise for the US to abandon all invasion plans, and the real enemy: the Nazis rise to power: after he invaded Poland in Sept. 1939, the British declared war on Germany and Chamberlain retired his Prime Minister post taken up by Churchhill, then Hitler ordered a 'Blitzkrieg' aerial bombing attack on Great Britain in 1940.

How would the world be like if the US and British fought a global war? Would Canada be a state? or the US constitution become like the Confederate flag in low prestige? Who knows, but the British stood alone when they needed us in WWII, but comes to show even best friends are closet enemies in a quest for complete total global power: the US rose to the position ahead of the British empire.

Edited by DeMikeDe

Let me put it this way.

If the US had started a war against the UK, the US would have been bombarded back to the stone age. They knew that and that why they didn't do it.

Remember that Hitler admired the UK very very much. If the US started a war agianst the UK i could imagine the UK saying to Hitler: Hello your litlle nutter, we will be your ally if you would help us slam the US back to hunter-gatherers society. Hitler wouldn't think twice about that proposal.

So it was a good thing the US government wasn't that stupid.

Let me put it this way.

If the US had started a war against the UK, the US would have been bombarded back to the stone age. They knew that and that why they didn't do it.

Remember that Hitler admired the UK very very much. If the US started a war agianst the UK i could imagine the UK saying to Hitler: Hello your litlle nutter, we will be your ally if you would help us slam the US back to hunter-gatherers society. Hitler wouldn't think twice about that proposal.

I'm not sure the UK and Germany would have made an alliance against the US, but the UK would probably have just remained neutral to Germany and retaliate for any attack by the US. This shift in power might well have allowed Germany to win WWII (or at least come out of it better off). While, I do think the UK would have gone to war with Germany eventually,it would probably have been too late and they wouldn't have the allies they'd need.

Let me put it this way.

I'm sure many Brits probably thought we should have joined them anyway and attacked the US with Mexico to regain the colonies.

I'm not sure the UK and Germany would have made an alliance against the US, but the UK would probably have just remained neutral to Germany and retaliate for any attack by the US. This shift in power might well have allowed Germany to win WWII (or at least come out of it better off). While, I do think the UK would have gone to war with Germany eventually,it would probably have been too late and they wouldn't have the allies they'd need.

Hitler well and truely beat us.

Make no mistake we were saved by 25 miles of ocean.

Edited by Chimpanzee

Germany had these things called ships.

Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few.

Winston Churchill.

Ja, natürlich.

Oh wait, we speak english. What does that tell you?

In short, we won. Twice.

I'm sure many Brits probably thought we should have joined them anyway and attacked the US with Mexico to regain the colonies.

You have obviously never seen the damage we did to Germany...:rolleyes: ...

Edited by BrianPotter

I don't think Britian ever has had anything that America would be jealous of. You act as if you are an expert....NOT.

You should maybe check up on what America gained from the UK due to the second world war...you may be surprised.

No, he didn't.

Lots of silly speculation here. The US was not close to war with Canada. They were not close to war with Great Britain.