Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Dog Shoots Man: Hunter's Hand Is Amputated

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#31    Doctor manhattan

Doctor manhattan

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 147 posts

• What progress we are making. In the Middle Ages they would have burned me. Now they are content with burning my books.
    -sigmund frued

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:01 AM

what a well trained hunting dog that hound is :rolleyes: . i cant say i would have been as forgivefull, i would have shot the dumb dog.

#32    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 17,695 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:52 AM

Personally, I choose to distinguish between hunting for survival/food and hunting for sport. Very few people in developed nations have to hunt to survive, but many still hunt for sport. I do not personally (ie, my personal opinion) think killing animals for sport to be "good karma". This is how I feel and I certainly concede that others are free to feel differently.

I also don't think shooting one's dog because they were careless with their firearm to be a "good karma" either...just my personal opinion again.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#33    Neognosis

Neognosis

Telekinetic

• 7,159 posts

• Just try not to hurt anybody, ok?

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:04 AM

Personally, I choose to distinguish between hunting for survival/food and hunting for sport. Very few people in developed nations have to hunt to survive, but many still hunt for sport.

Here in the US, we don't have to shoot pheasants and partridge and wild turkey and deer that have been living in the woods naturally.

We can instead go to the store and buy chickens and turkeys and cows that have been bred to be so fat and grow so fast that they can't walk or function like their wild counterparts, and that live inside wallowing in their own filth, injected with antibiotics, and then killed on a conveyor belt after being crowded into areas/cages so small, that it is just accepted that some will die before making it to the killing floor anyhow.

Yea, hunting is the inhumane choice....

Unless you are a vegetarian, you can't comment on people who hunt and eat what they kill.

As for the dog, the idea of shooting the dog is just asinine, I think most people will agree on that.

#34    mysticwerewolf

mysticwerewolf

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

• I'm baaaaaack

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:02 AM

I hunt with a gun for food, I hunt with a camera for sport ( and that is a whole  catagory or two harder to do  You don't need to get 20 feet away with a rifle. )  1 bullet, three months food is a heck of a lot more humane that the slaughter house described above. Personally i don't care what size the rack is or ( when it is legal to hunt antlerless animals ) if it even has a set of antlers.

Edited by mysticwerewolf, 21 September 2012 - 03:03 AM.

#35    Hawkin

Hawkin

LiverEatenJohnson

• 2,210 posts

• Some say he is dead.
    Some say he will never be.

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:09 AM

It doesn't matter if it's a Gun, Power Tool, Utility Knife or a Toaster. HANDLE WITH CARE.

It's good to have some skepticism so you won't be gullible & naïve.
But to much skepticism can make you narrow minded to extraordinary possibilities.

#36    Hawkin

Hawkin

LiverEatenJohnson

• 2,210 posts

• Some say he is dead.

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:55 AM

View PostNeognosis, on 21 September 2012 - 02:04 AM, said:

Here in the US, we don't have to shoot pheasants and partridge and wild turkey and deer that have been living in the woods naturally.

We can instead go to the store and buy chickens and turkeys and cows that have been bred to be so fat and grow so fast that they can't walk or function like their wild counterparts, and that live inside wallowing in their own filth, injected with antibiotics, and then killed on a conveyor belt after being crowded into areas/cages so small, that it is just accepted that some will die before making it to the killing floor anyhow.

Yea, hunting is the inhumane choice....

Unless you are a vegetarian, you can't comment on people who hunt and eat what they kill.

As for the dog, the idea of shooting the dog is just asinine, I think most people will agree on that.

Agreed. At least a wild animal has a chance to escape a hunters bad aim or detect a hunter in the woods by scent or sound
but animals raised for food have no chance. What hurts wildlife more then a hunters gun is the destruction of habitat for urban development.

But to much skepticism can make you narrow minded to extraordinary possibilities.

#37    Neognosis

Neognosis

Telekinetic

• 7,159 posts

• Just try not to hurt anybody, ok?

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:14 PM

that's right, Ryegrog, and in fact, hunters contribute (whether voluntarily or through license and stamp fees) more money than almost any other group.

#38    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:56 PM

View Postmysticwerewolf, on 21 September 2012 - 03:02 AM, said:

I hunt with a gun for food, I hunt with a camera for sport ( and that is a whole  catagory or two harder to do  You don't need to get 20 feet away with a rifle. )  1 bullet, three months food is a heck of a lot more humane that the slaughter house described above. Personally i don't care what size the rack is or ( when it is legal to hunt antlerless animals ) if it even has a set of antlers.

I was watching  a Gordon Ramsey  ( the chef with such a lovely tone and so calm )  programme ,Gordon was judging the best restaurants.. One restaurant in particular, the owner ( head chef ) spoke about making free meal for the hunters who bring their own kill / game  to their restaurant.. The chef will prepare it and  give them a free meal ..

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 22 September 2012 - 07:56 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#39    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:29 AM

Meh, he's French.

#40    Hawkin

Hawkin

LiverEatenJohnson

• 2,210 posts

• Some say he is dead.

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:27 AM

View PostNeognosis, on 22 September 2012 - 07:14 PM, said:

that's right, Ryegrog, and in fact, hunters contribute (whether voluntarily or through license and stamp fees) more money than almost any other group.

I used to hunt small game but most farmers now days lease their lands to outfitters to deer hunt. Can't hunt anymore.
I miss rabbit hunting. Used to smother BBQ sauce on it and bake it. YUM YUM. Sorry Vegans. :innocent:

#41    CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

• Without going out of my door
    I can know all things of earth
    Without looking out of my window
    I could know the ways of heaven

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:59 PM

View Postufonuts, on 19 September 2012 - 08:11 PM, said:

If Dogs had hands, there would be a whole lot less people in this world!
Hey I can read this without my glasses on. LOL :yes:

#42    EllJay

EllJay

Poltergeist

• 2,932 posts

• Today We Are Creating Tomorrow's Yesterday

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:04 PM

View PostCRIPTIC CHAMELEON, on 23 September 2012 - 09:59 PM, said:

Hey I can read this without my glasses on. LOL :yes:

I could read it without my monitor on.

"Opinions are like a**holes - everyone seems to have one" - Dirty Harry

"All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand... "

"I have a black belt in Feng Shui, the subtle martial art. I go home to you and move a lamp and a chair... twelve years later you lay there on the floor with broken kneecaps and destitute."

#43    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Aqualish Dude

• 5,547 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:28 PM

View PostEllJay, on 23 September 2012 - 10:04 PM, said:

I could read it without my monitor on.

I read it while browsing another website...

Edited by Junior Chubb, 24 September 2012 - 12:28 PM.

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

#44    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:46 PM

View PostJunior Chubb, on 24 September 2012 - 12:28 PM, said:

I read it while browsing another website...

Google Earth   lol

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#45    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Aqualish Dude

• 5,547 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:19 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 24 September 2012 - 12:46 PM, said:

Google Earth   lol

Lol, that needed more than a like, have a few smilies to...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users