Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Life found deep below Antarctic ice

antarctica life

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16    paperdyer

paperdyer

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

• "The place where optimism flourishes the most is the insane asylum."

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:09 PM

I agree with Nasty Gash.  These microbes could be potentially dangerous.

@Abramelin - Just because our ancestors may have developed an immunity to a disease doesn't mean the immunity is still passed on to us.  That's what makes bio-warfare so dangerous. All you need to do is find a long-gone "bug" cultivate it and release it.  As we haven't been exposed to it recently, we probably wouldn't have an immunity to it bringing on an epidemic.

#17    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,111 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:24 PM

View Postpaperdyer, on 05 February 2013 - 02:09 PM, said:

I agree with Nasty Gash.  These microbes could be potentially dangerous.

@Abramelin - Just because our ancestors may have developed an immunity to a disease doesn't mean the immunity is still passed on to us.  That's what makes bio-warfare so dangerous. All you need to do is find a long-gone "bug" cultivate it and release it.  As we haven't been exposed to it recently, we probably wouldn't have an immunity to it bringing on an epidemic.

But the salt bacteria are 250 millions of years old, and I read about it when I was still in highschool, some 40 years ago. These bacteria were already there long before the dinosaurs, and certainly long before anything resembling us.

So if these bacteria would have been dangerous for us, we would have known it by now.

Also tagged with antarctica, life

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users