Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Forum update progress

update

• Please log in to reply
324 replies to this topic

#91    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,011 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:03 PM

Update:
  • Gallery image comments are now enabled again
  • Fixed issue with missing topic link in notification e-mails

#92    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,737 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:22 PM

Is there a "go to first unread post" thingy that I'm missing somewhere or is it still in the works?

I checked it again after I logged in and it's working. :blush:

Edited by Michelle, 30 April 2012 - 08:34 PM.

#93    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,011 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:34 PM

Just clicking on a topic's title should take you to the first unread post.

#94    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,737 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:43 PM

View PostSaru, on 30 April 2012 - 08:34 PM, said:

Just clicking on a topic's title should take you to the first unread post.

Actually that isn't working for me, but the little dot before the topic title does.

#95    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,011 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:02 PM

Ah yes you are right, the pip takes you to the first unread post and clicking the title takes you to the first post.

Furthermore, clicking on the date on the right-most column will take you to the last post in the thread.

#96    gnostic-deity

gnostic-deity

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

• We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another. -Luciano de Crescenzo

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:45 PM

ok will try, but i liked the little green alien i found on this site. i cant seem to find those pictures you provided, as its not available when i pick a picture...

oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive

#97    frenat

frenat

Poltergeist

• 2,959 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:19 PM

What about an email link so you don't have to go searching down the thread the email told you about? now that I'm getting emails they all have the same link to the main forum.

-Reality is not determined by your lack of comprehension.
-Never let facts stand in the way of a good conspiracy theory.
-If I wanted to pay for commercials I couldn't skip I'd sign up for Hulu Plus.
-There are no bad ideas, just great ideas that go horribly wrong.
If you have to insist that you've won an Internet argument, you've probably lost badly. - Danth's Law

#98    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:46 PM

If you switch it to an on forum notification (or check both..)  does the link in the on forum notification work?

#99    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:06 AM

View Postfrenat, on 30 April 2012 - 11:19 PM, said:

What about an email link so you don't have to go searching down the thread the email told you about? now that I'm getting emails they all have the same link to the main forum.

Strange though, Saru indicated this was fixed now?

#100    frenat

frenat

Poltergeist

• 2,959 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:24 AM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 01 May 2012 - 12:06 AM, said:

It worked for my latest email but not until just recently.  It is working now.  Thank you Saru!

-Reality is not determined by your lack of comprehension.
-Never let facts stand in the way of a good conspiracy theory.
-If I wanted to pay for commercials I couldn't skip I'd sign up for Hulu Plus.
-There are no bad ideas, just great ideas that go horribly wrong.
If you have to insist that you've won an Internet argument, you've probably lost badly. - Danth's Law

#101    ai_guardian

ai_guardian

al-sifer .o.O.o. refic-ul

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

• If you want to know what it will be like when you die, just remember back to what it was like before you were born.

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:24 AM

Just noticed that # of replies (in a thread listing prior to entering the actual thread) per thread not subforum only shows when logged in, otherwise only # of views shows.

Is this a performance design choice, entice-user-to-go-into-thread design choice, just an arbitrary design choice & part of update, or none of the mentioned? I seem to remember that prior to the update, both # of replies & # of views showed whether logged in or not.

Cheers
Guardian

"... there can be no certainty of the last Conclusion, without a certainty of all those Affirmations and Negations, on which it was grounded, and inferred. ... And therefore if a man should talk to me of ... Immateriall Substances; or of A free Subject; A free-will; or any Free, but free from being hindred by opposition, I should not say he were in an Errour, but that his words were without meaning; that is to say, Absurd. ..."[sic] Thomas Hobbes - Leviathan (1651)

#102    Coyote Speaks

Coyote Speaks

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:52 AM

Hey mods - I love the new forum layout, and especially the advent of tagging posts.  That's going to make searches much easier.  My one question is whether or not there is going to be a more mobile friendly site?

I like to access UM on my cell phone (a blackberry) and with the new layout it takes me automatically to the last page of each topic... which would be fine if it was a one page topic.  Am I doing something wrong?  

Thank you!

#103    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,011 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:26 AM

View Postai_guardian, on 01 May 2012 - 12:24 AM, said:

Just noticed that # of replies (in a thread listing prior to entering the actual thread) per thread not subforum only shows when logged in, otherwise only # of views shows. Is this a performance design choice, entice-user-to-go-into-thread design choice, just an arbitrary design choice & part of update, or none of the mentioned?
Well spotted,i wasn't aware of that - this is another bug that i'll need to look in to.

View PostCoyote Speaks, on 01 May 2012 - 01:52 AM, said:

Hey mods - I love the new forum layout, and especially the advent of tagging posts. That's going to make searches much easier. My one question is whether or not there is going to be a more mobile friendly site? I like to access UM on my cell phone (a blackberry) and with the new layout it takes me automatically to the last page of each topic... which would be fine if it was a one page topic. Am I doing something wrong? Thank you!
Are you using the mobile skin or the regular one ? ( See the "change theme" menu at the bottom left )

#104    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,011 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:28 AM

Update:
  • Implemented a performance improvement when loading forum sections, these should now load almost instantly.
  • The "view new content" and forum search facilities should also benefit from this change.

#105    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,318 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:11 AM

Just one little suggestion: can it be implemented that you return to the post you are answering to instead of to the end of the thread? Or better yet, that you can choose whether you want to go to the end or back to the post you are answering?

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users