Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did man and dinosaur co-exist?

Harsh86_Patel

No. The oxygen was different than it is today. There's no way humans would have co-existed with dinosaurs. Also I think they would have been on the menu of meat-eaters.

Edited by Princess Serenity
  • Like 1

How do they radiocarbon date fossilized bone that contains no carbon??

==

EDIT:

I see.

But scientists also use thermoluminescence to date the rock the bones are found in, and then you don't need carbon.

So how does a 30,000 years old animal end up in a millions of years old rock layer?

Edited by Abramelin

How do they radiocarbon date fossilized bone that contains no carbon??

They used their imagination as with all other creationist yaddah, what else?

• Like 5

They used their imagination as with all other creationist yaddah, what else?

Well, I edited my post because I read the pdf a bit too fast.

I need to check those references at the end of the article. That is, those that link to scientific papers.

Edited by Abramelin

Well, I edited my post because I read the pdf a bit too fast.

I need to check those references at the end of the article. That is, those that link to scientific papers.

Even if, radiocarbon dating is unreliable with samples over 62,000 years, by then dinos were fossil already.

potassium argon dating is highly erroneous and inaccurate and stupid.

• Like 1

Nobody doubts that you will get some boolcrappy results trying to date objects out of the reliability window. If something has been dead for 30 days you are capable of detecting it quite well with your nose, if its been dead 300 years you will have a problem smelling it.

If modern humans had lived at the same time as the dinosaurs, humans would have gone the way of the dinosaurs.

And we would have found more than just same vague human-looking tracks crossing dinosaur tracks, we would have found fossilized human remains in the same layers as where the dinosaur bones were found.

And if humans lived back then, so did all the present mammals and other animals. Elephants and hippos would soon have been whiped out by T-Rex and his family.

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 3

It's a little silly to think about, especially in the way we view evolution. I'm gonna answer no on this one until we find a human and velociraptor struggle. And as Abramelin pointed out, there's little to no actual evidence for the idea.

• Like 1

If modern humans had lived at the same time as the dinosaurs, humans would have gone the way of the dinosaurs.

And we would have found more than just same vague human-looking tracks crossing dinosaur tracks, we would have found fossilized human remains in the same layers as where the dinosaur bones were found.

And if humans lived back then, so did all the present mammals and other animals. Elephants and hippos would soon have been whiped out by T-Rex and his family.

And your name would be Abramelrock and Id be Mulestone...

• Like 2

And your name would be Abramelrock and Id be Mulestone...

and we all would listen to RockElvis on the parrotophone.

• Like 2

If I am correct, birds are the evolved form of the original feathered dinosaurs a.k.a. the theropod dinosaurs. Hence, man and dinos co-exist even today!

• Like 2

If I am correct, birds are the evolved form of the original feathered dinosaurs a.k.a. the theropod dinosaurs. Hence, man and dinos co-exist even today!

yes, but a very different kind of man and a very different kind of Dinosaur, in fact so different that the "man" of the Dinotime walked on all four, was two inches long and mostly hid underground until nightfall.

• Like 4

yes, but a very different kind of man and a very different kind of Dinosaur, in fact so different that the "man" of the Dinotime walked on all four, was two inches long and mostly hid underground until nightfall.

Yeah, that may be so... But I wouldn't know that, I am a wolf, remember? My ancestors used to have the Flintstones and their pet, Dino for breakfast, not study their biology! :innocent:

Theory of evolution indeed have holes.

Creationism has far more

• Like 3

On that I can only agree.

On a totally OT related issue.

The L I love your avater. Martin Mystere and his neanderthalian assisten Java, my favorite comic when I was a teen. :passifier:

Back on topik now.

• Like 1

On a totally OT related issue.

The L I love your avater. Martin Mystere and his neanderthalian assisten Java, my favorite comic when I was a teen. :passifier:

Back on topik now.

You know Martin Mystere? Im impressed. Yes it was great comic. Nostalgic avatar to me. I remember careless childhood.

Where are you from?

Java was from Mongolia. Thats why I like him even more.

Edited by the L

Nobody doubts that you will get some boolcrappy results trying to date objects out of the reliability window. If something has been dead for 30 days you are capable of detecting it quite well with your nose, if its been dead 300 years you will have a problem smelling it.

How do you think they date fossils?