Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Egypt leader Mursi orders

ExpandMyMind

Egyptian President Mohammed Mursi has ordered the retirement of the powerful head of the country's armed forces, Field Marshal Mohamad Hussein Tantawi, a presidential spokesman has said.

He also said a constitutional declaration aimed at curbing presidential powers had been cancelled.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...africa-19234763

Edited by ExpandMyMind

Lets see how long he survives this one...

• Like 1

If this move is not agreed upon in advance then Mursi might be in some trouble. If it IS... I wonder what power sharing arrangement they came to?

he got the people on his side .. that will make him survive any overthrow by military corrupted leaders

he got the people on his side .. that will make him survive any overthrow by military corrupted leaders

To one extent or another the military have been running Egypt for decades. It's not easy to give up that kind of power.
  • Like 1

that's why they weren't asked nicely to do so .. but were put to retirement

now mursi is giving a word live to his people .. and the crowds in Tahrir Square out for support of his decision

no longer any country that had revolution would be dictated by force of military

that's why they weren't asked nicely to do so .. but were put to retirement

now mursi is giving a word live to his people .. and the crowds in Tahrir Square out for support of his decision

no longer any country that had revolution would be dictated by force of military

The 'crowds' in Tahrir are members of the MB who are following the direct orders of the Murshid. Mursi's move was a pre-emptive bid to prevent the army from siding with anti MB demonstrations which were planned for 24 August. The revolution did not take place to replace Mubarak by a newer version either.

The 'crowds' in Tahrir are members of the MB who are following the direct orders of the Murshid. Mursi's move was a pre-emptive bid to prevent the army from siding with anti MB demonstrations which were planned for 24 August. The revolution did not take place to replace Mubarak by a newer version either.

perhaps it's just your religion is talking meryt not your love for egypt ?

and perhaps am wrong but from what i've seen from this man he done nothing wrong

based on his words of modesty and actions so far .. seems like a good figure to make egypt stand on it's feet

i understand your fear of the " MB scarecrow "

but it's not wise to let your .. opposition to a certain religion .. or person based on his religion

get in the way of what's good for your country

honestly .. mubarak supporters would say the exact thing you saying now

to the topic .. man am just sick to my throat of minorities prefering a dictator rule than to see person

belong to muslim party rules

that's just wrong .. every one knows MB is made to look bad

coz it won't keep the west interests in the area

in other words it won't keep us sheeps following the west orders

Edited by Karlis

perhaps it's just your religion is talking meryt not your love for egypt ?

and perhaps am wrong but from what i've seen from this man he done nothing wrong

based on his words of modesty and actions so far .. seems like a good figure to make egypt stand on it's feet

i understand your fear of the " MB scarecrow "

but it's not wise to let your .. opposition to a certain religion .. or person based on his religion

get in the way of what's good for your country

honestly .. mubarak supporters would say the exact thing you saying now

Your comment is outrageous! I am neither a bigot, nor do I not pre-judge people on the bases of their religious affiliation. This would be simplistic and an intellectually ‘flat’ position. Maybe you should follow closer the news of Egypt? There is mounting anger in Egypt against the inefficiency of the MB government, shortage of water, wide spread electricity outages, Mursi’s release of convicted terrorists, stifling free speech, attempts to control the media, judiciary, the police, and now the army. People expressed their anger clearly during the funeral of the army soldiers who were killed in Sinai. Stop projecting on Egypt, and on me, the problems Syria is facing. My love for Egypt is not open for discussion.

• Like 3

Your comment is outrageous! I am neither a bigot, nor do I not pre-judge people on the bases of their religious affiliation. This would be simplistic and an intellectually ‘flat’ position. Maybe you should follow closer the news of Egypt? There is mounting anger in Egypt against the inefficiency of the MB government, shortage of water, wide spread electricity outages, Mursi’s release of convicted terrorists, stifling free speech, attempts to control the media, judiciary, the police, and now the army. People expressed their anger clearly during the funeral of the army soldiers who were killed in Sinai. Stop projecting on Egypt, and on me, the problems Syria is facing. My love for Egypt is not open for discussion.

your above statement

certinally sound like " children of mubarak " follower i knew his statement was exactly the same ..

you know the group that kept supporting mubarak even though all of egypt wanted him on the gallows ?

anyway it's also obvious it was former " baltajia " of mubarak who were under control of mubarak's wings " military leaders "

where behind sinai attacks to fail the new president

the shortage of water .. electricity .. don't you think that corrupted remainants of mubarak doing that ?

it's really obvious meryt .. all minorites always decide to side with dictatorship to gain " special " treatment

rather then they see muslim ruler " or majority ruler " who would make it things equal to all

seriously the minorities are not acting really logical these days

what on earth make them think they deserve special treatment enough to make them side with dictators ?

many years of corruption which gave them special treatment is no excuse

now that being said i didn't and won't accuse you of anything .. or doubt your love for your country

i already said in my previous post " perhaps am wrong "

but no doubt what i posted above about minorties is facts

and it really makes me edgy

the guy has been president for what ? how long ? and faced so many challenges

the military he put to retirement have cut the authorites of the president !!! so they can remain in their corruption

and on the first challenge he becomes dictator ?!

if i didn't know any better i'd say minorities in egypt would wish mubarak never was brought down

your above statement

certinally sound like " children of mubarak " follower i knew his statement was exactly the same ..

you know the group that kept supporting mubarak even though all of egypt wanted him on the gallows ?

anyway it's also obvious it was former " baltajia " of mubarak who were under control of mubarak's wings " military leaders "

where behind sinai attacks to fail the new president

the shortage of water .. electricity .. don't you think that corrupted remainants of mubarak doing that ?

it's really obvious meryt .. all minorites always decide to side with dictatorship to gain " special " treatment

rather then they see muslim ruler " or majority ruler " who would make it things equal to all

seriously the minorities are not acting really logical these days

what on earth make them think they deserve special treatment enough to make them side with dictators ?

many years of corruption which gave them special treatment is no excuse

now that being said i didn't and won't accuse you of anything .. or doubt your love for your country

i already said in my previous post " perhaps am wrong "

but no doubt what i posted above about minorties is facts

and it really makes me edgy

the guy has been president for what ? how long ? and faced so many challenges

the military he put to retirement have cut the authorites of the president !!! so they can remain in their corruption

and on the first challenge he becomes dictator ?!

if i didn't know any better i'd say minorities in egypt would wish mubarak never was brought down

Did it occur to you that if both the “son of Mubarak” and I mentioned the same list of ‘problems’ it is because they actually happened and are happening? Would ideological memes negate actual facts? The problem with prejudgments and jumping into conclusions is that while they might offer an easy and comforting compartmentalized world view, they also lead to a distorted view of reality. Before insinuating that I am aligned to the ‘sons of Mubarak’, why don’t you check the posts I wrote on this forum during January and February 2011? I will not be put on the defensive, but sometimes reading before writing or casting doubts on people’s patriotism would make one’s opinions more credible.

As for the minorities issue to which you keep referring, members of minorities are citizens, entitled to equal rights and duties, including expression of political opinions and backing parties of their choice without being dubbed as treasonous, unless they commit criminal or treasonous acts. You seem to be confusing religious affiliation with citizenry, political dissent with ‘kufr’, and patriotism with blind obedience of religious leaders, the making of despotic theocracy!

I hope you take the time to read the linked article, MAHMOUD Salem is a Muslim, a political activist who was one of the leaders of 25 January revolution in Tahrir, at the time when the MB were still hesitating in their offices or negotiating with Omar Suleiman: a Muslim who is definitely not a ‘son of Mubarak’

http://thedailynewsegypt.com/2012/08/07/entropy/

Finally, I am Egyptian, I am a Copt and proud of both and there is no contradiction here, if you cannot accept that but prefer to fall back on misconceptions, this is something you, not I, have to deal with.

Edited by meryt-tetisheri

Did it occur to you that if both the “son of Mubarak” and I mentioned the same list of ‘problems’ it is because they actually happened and are happening? Would ideological memes negate actual facts? The problem with prejudgments and jumping into conclusions is that while they might offer an easy and comforting compartmentalized world view, they also lead to a distorted view of reality. Before insinuating that I am aligned to the ‘sons of Mubarak’, why don’t you check the posts I wrote on this forum during January and February 2011? I will not be put on the defensive, but sometimes reading before writing or casting doubts on people’s patriotism would make one’s opinions more credible.

As for the minorities issue to which you keep referring, members of minorities are citizens, entitled to equal rights and duties, including expression of political opinions and backing parties of their choice without being dubbed as treasonous, unless they commit criminal or treasonous acts. You seem to be confusing religious affiliation with citizenry, political dissent with ‘kufr’, and patriotism with blind obedience of religious leaders, the making of despotic theocracy!

I hope you take the time to read the linked article, MAHMOUD Salem is a Muslim, a political activist who was one of the leaders of 25 January revolution in Tahrir, at the time when the MB were still hesitating in their offices or negotiating with Omar Suleiman: a Muslim who is definitely not a ‘son of Mubarak’

http://thedailynewsegypt.com/2012/08/07/entropy/

i tend to take the words of " sons of mubarak " true since they are so eager to defend a pervious dictator

so that should take alot of crediability from their statements

but no am not confusing religion affiliation with citizenry

you missed my point badly .

simply put " minorties does not like to be ruled by majorty and they tend to side with dictators "

or that's the way it is in middle east

all am saying it's realy time for minorties to stop worrying about muslims rule so much

and start working for the good of their country instead

i can't help to get the feeling they got used to corruption and the special treatment it gave them over the majority by dictators

and they got used to it they no longer want " equal rights with every one " they want more

or maybe it's just pure hatred to muslims ? i am in no position to tell since am not in egypt

you tell me not to rush or jump conclusions .. aren't you jumping into conclusion meryt ? would you do the same if the leader was copt for example ?

don't take it the wrong way am not saying you will side with person just because of religion

but am saying minorites need to wake up from their " no no muslim leader "

you know " sons of mubarak " have many copts in them ?

you know the swear on facebook on islam and morsi ?

minorties are off their heads in middle east then need to deal with reality

and stop this muslim leader phobia they have

and for get the past days of glory they had with dictators rule

coz injustice like that would never happen again

everyone is equal .. no special treatment for anyone regardless of their religion

that's how it is now and that's how it should have been always

they should stop siding with dictators .. it's shameful

during morsi speech i was watching and saying how envy egypts to have this leader

a man with modesty who says " i have no rights but i have duties "

but looks like minorties want some one to say : i will opress people and give certain group more special treatment

sorry if my opinion is sound harsh or anything .. but it's just my opinion

plus i'll take reading on that link pretty soon

i read it .. and quite dissapointed of what you wanted with that article ..

a guy expressing his opinion hard can prove or state anything .. other than his opinion

ohh and am glad you're proud of you who you are .. i never said i got problem with that

i said like above . i got problem with minorites behavior in backing up the dictators

and prefer dictatorship over having muslim leader who " belonged " to islamic party

big shock ! country of 90% muslims have muslim leader !

Edited by Knight Of Shadows

i tend to take the words of " sons of mubarak " true since they are so eager to defend a pervious dictator

so that should take alot of crediability from their statements

but no am not confusing religion affiliation with citizenry

you missed my point badly .

simply put " minorties does not like to be ruled by majorty and they tend to side with dictators "

or that's the way it is in middle east

all am saying it's realy time for minorties to stop worrying about muslims rule so much

and start working for the good of their country instead

i can't help to get the feeling they got used to corruption and the special treatment it gave them over the majority by dictators

and they got used to it they no longer want " equal rights with every one " they want more

or maybe it's just pure hatred to muslims ? i am in no position to tell since am not in egypt

you tell me not to rush or jump conclusions .. aren't you jumping into conclusion meryt ? would you do the same if the leader was copt for example ?

don't take it the wrong way am not saying you will side with person just because of religion

but am saying minorites need to wake up from their " no no muslim leader "

you know " sons of mubarak " have many copts in them ?

you know the swear on facebook on islam and morsi ?

minorties are off their heads in middle east then need to deal with reality

and stop this muslim leader phobia they have

and for get the past days of glory they had with dictators rule

coz injustice like that would never happen again

everyone is equal .. no special treatment for anyone regardless of their religion

that's how it is now and that's how it should have been always

they should stop siding with dictators .. it's shameful

during morsi speech i was watching and saying how envy egypts to have this leader

a man with modesty who says " i have no rights but i have duties "

but looks like minorties want some one to say : i will opress people and give certain group more special treatment

sorry if my opinion is sound harsh or anything .. but it's just my opinion

plus i'll take reading on that link pretty soon

Again you are generalizing! Many Copts voted for Hamdeen Sabbahy; all of the presidential nominees are Muslims. The MB is 80 years old, weren't there Muslims in Egypt before? Is Islam a monopoly of the MB to the exclusion of non-members? Aren't there Muslims in countries where the MB doesn't exist? Would you call Muslims who disagree or are opposed to the MB not Muslim/kufar? Since when is disagreeing with the MB an anti-Islam stance? Personally, I believe Egypt missed a huge chance when Baradei withdrew. Worrying about the concentration of all powers in the hands of one person - no matter whom this person is - and a closed secretive clique of men who have vowed obedience to an unelected individual is legitimate and crosses faith borders. When the president promises freedom & free speech but confiscates newspapers & his followers physically assault journalists; when he promises a government of national unity but chooses an inefficient prime minister to head a cabinet that excludes other parties; when security fails to the extent that doctors go on strike because the ER are continuously attacked by thugs and the police doesn't intervene, when electricity & water fails for 8 hours/day particularly in poor areas, yes that makes ALL Egyptians worry! As for minorities, when churches are demolished, houses burned, families evicted as collective punishment, and it occurs repeatedly while the president remains silent, yes, they too tend to worry; & not because they want a special treatment, unless one considers equal rights in courts of law "special treatment".

Any further discussion is futile; you still continue to project Syria's problems on Egypt!

Again you are generalizing! Many Copts voted for Hamdeen Sabbahy; all of the presidential nominees are Muslims. The MB is 80 years old, weren't there Muslims in Egypt before? Is Islam a monopoly of the MB to the exclusion of non-members? Aren't there Muslims in countries where the MB doesn't exist? Would you call Muslims who disagree or are opposed to the MB not Muslim/kufar? Since when is disagreeing with the MB an anti-Islam stance? Personally, I believe Egypt missed a huge chance when Baradei withdrew. Worrying about the concentration of all powers in the hands of one person - no matter whom this person is - and a closed secretive clique of men who have vowed obedience to an unelected individual is legitimate and crosses faith borders. When the president promises freedom & free speech but confiscates newspapers & his followers physically assault journalists; when he promises a government of national unity but chooses an inefficient prime minister to head a cabinet that excludes other parties; when security fails to the extent that doctors go on strike because the ER are continuously attacked by thugs and the police doesn't intervene, when electricity & water fails for 8 hours/day particularly in poor areas, yes that makes ALL Egyptians worry! As for minorities, when churches are demolished, houses burned, families evicted as collective punishment, and it occurs repeatedly while the president remains silent, yes, they too tend to worry; & not because they want a special treatment, unless one considers equal rights in courts of law "special treatment".

Any further discussion is futile; you still continue to project Syria's problems on Egypt!

to answer your question no not any one who disagree with MB is kufar

actually am not sure that i am big fan of them eaither but non-muslim minorties make them like " scarecrow "

ohh bad MB .. bad muslims they'll force us to hear hjiab they'll force sharia law etc etc etc

what am saying that people need to get realstic

and the problem with power / water etc etc those mention ... am sure non-muslims minorties won't see any problem with the country

has it been ruled by dictator killing muslims by dozen but short of power or water on them .. now that's devastiting

all those things won't be problem for minortiy of the president wasn't from MB right ?

if he wasn't with MB and those things happend i bet we'll see minorties just go out on support march for him

just like they remain silence everywhere else when the president such as mubarak was dictating the majortiy

can we remember why Baradei withdrew from elections ?

yeah it was because the military councel of mubarak remainants ran the show

the same people of morsi has put to retirement no ?

am not generalizing meryt it's the true and am not mixing up syria with egypt

it's just all minorties in our middle east got used to special treatment provided by dictators

everywhere not just syria or egypt the minorties always support dictators and wish for it's rule

sons of mubarak as i state before mainly copts

that tells us something about it doesnt it ?

my problem is .. i critcize and oppose muslims minorities when they do something wrong in western countries

such as asking for special treatments , sharia laws .. so on and so on the idea is

i don't let my religion i share with them get in the way of saying what's right .. and what's wrong

but non-muslims minorties in middle east were corrupted by dictators and that's a shame

they always lived together peacefully but comes the first chance for them to show their stand

and up with the dictators they side

you know the bad things you mention that happend to christians no one would like

but did it happen coz of Muslims ? or MB ? or Morsi ?

you forgot that it was muslims who protected christians when druze tried to massacare them ?

but up comes the first dictator they'd rather see all muslims killed than to be equal with rest of society

and can i blame them ? after much of the special treatment they got during dictator rule ?

my suggetion is minorites should leave their " islamic " scarecrow aside .. whatever the party was MB or not

this mentality is not going to lead to anything good . except steering up religious hatred among the two

swearing at islam and president that people in egypt elected just because he is muslim from MB

does not make copts look good also it'll only make sensetivitiy among them and muslims

these are facts am saying not some local gossips or anything to do with syria

we certinally don't have sons of mubarak group which happens to be mostly copts who does that

all in all i understand your position i just wish minorities in middle east would change this mentality

and start thinking of how they can live in peace without dreams of another dictator to come

and gives them again special treatment while they watch majorties being opressed

morsi was elected and won regardless of how many attempts there was to manipulate the elections to favor shafiq " mubarak solider "

to say these people went to street based on MB request is far fetched .. sorry

to answer your question no not any one who disagree with MB is kufar

actually am not sure that i am big fan of them eaither but non-muslim minorties make them like " scarecrow "

ohh bad MB .. bad muslims they'll force us to hear hjiab they'll force sharia law etc etc etc

what am saying that people need to get realstic

and the problem with power / water etc etc those mention ... am sure non-muslims minorties won't see any problem with the country

has it been ruled by dictator killing muslims by dozen but short of power or water on them .. now that's devastiting

all those things won't be problem for minortiy of the president wasn't from MB right ?

if he wasn't with MB and those things happend i bet we'll see minorties just go out on support march for him

just like they remain silence everywhere else when the president such as mubarak was dictating the majortiy

can we remember why Baradei withdrew from elections ?

yeah it was because the military councel of mubarak remainants ran the show

the same people of morsi has put to retirement no ?

am not generalizing meryt it's the true and am not mixing up syria with egypt

it's just all minorties in our middle east got used to special treatment provided by dictators

everywhere not just syria or egypt the minorties always support dictators and wish for it's rule

sons of mubarak as i state before mainly copts

that tells us something about it doesnt it ?

my problem is .. i critcize and oppose muslims minorities when they do something wrong in western countries

such as asking for special treatments , sharia laws .. so on and so on the idea is

i don't let my religion i share with them get in the way of saying what's right .. and what's wrong

but non-muslims minorties in middle east were corrupted by dictators and that's a shame

they always lived together peacefully but comes the first chance for them to show their stand

and up with the dictators they side

you know the bad things you mention that happend to christians no one would like

but did it happen coz of Muslims ? or MB ? or Morsi ?

you forgot that it was muslims who protected christians when druze tried to massacare them ?

but up comes the first dictator they'd rather see all muslims killed than to be equal with rest of society

and can i blame them ? after much of the special treatment they got during dictator rule ?

my suggetion is minorites should leave their " islamic " scarecrow aside .. whatever the party was MB or not

this mentality is not going to lead to anything good . except steering up religious hatred among the two

swearing at islam and president that people in egypt elected just because he is muslim from MB

does not make copts look good also it'll only make sensetivitiy among them and muslims

these are facts am saying not some local gossips or anything to do with syria

we certinally don't have sons of mubarak group which happens to be mostly copts who does that

all in all i understand your position i just wish minorities in middle east would change this mentality

and start thinking of how they can live in peace without dreams of another dictator to come

and gives them again special treatment while they watch majorties being opressed

morsi was elected and won regardless of how many attempts there was to manipulate the elections to favor shafiq " mubarak solider "

to say these people went to street based on MB request is far fetched .. sorry

I tire quickly of discussions which turn round & round in endless circles. If you prefer to extrapolate the political position, integrity, loyalty and patriotism of ALL minorities in the ME on the bases of Syria; if you are convinced that you know enough firsthand information about ALL minorities in the ME- enough to reach a fair and rational conclusion- and if you are content to paint the world in stark black and white while labeling millions of people as being corrupt or morally cowardly lot on the bases of their faith, then there is not much to discuss. Recently, some of those you so readily accused of being corrupt were demonstrating in front of your embassy in Cairo and were beaten and assaulted by Mursi’s police. In Tahrir, January 2011, they surrounded their Muslim brothers forming a human shield around them so that they could perform their prayers safely. They too were shot and killed, but if you still prefer the comfort of assumptions & generalizations, then I have nothing more to say to you. For me this is ‘end of discussion’.

I tire quickly of discussions which turn round & round in endless circles. If you prefer to extrapolate the political position, integrity, loyalty and patriotism of ALL minorities in the ME on the bases of Syria; if you are convinced that you know enough firsthand information about ALL minorities in the ME- enough to reach a fair and rational conclusion- and if you are content to paint the world in stark black and white while labeling millions of people as being corrupt or morally cowardly lot on the bases of their faith, then there is not much to discuss. Recently, some of those you so readily accused of being corrupt were demonstrating in front of your embassy in Cairo and were beaten and assaulted by Mursi’s police. In Tahrir, January 2011, they surrounded their Muslim brothers forming a human shield around them so that they could perform their prayers safely. They too were shot and killed, but if you still prefer the comfort of assumptions & generalizations, then I have nothing more to say to you. For me this is ‘end of discussion’.

fair enough

fair enough

If the MB takes full control in Egypt (and maybe Syria?) it will be interesting to see how they treat the minorities you have spoken of. Will the Christians and others be treated with respect or driven out because they supported the regime? If they supported a regime that was helping them keep from being persecuted, then why is that wrong? It sounds like a normal human instinct to me. Why would I support someone who hates me and wants me dead or enslaved?

If the MB takes full control in Egypt (and maybe Syria?) it will be interesting to see how they treat the minorities you have spoken of. Will the Christians and others be treated with respect or driven out because they supported the regime? If they supported a regime that was helping them keep from being persecuted, then why is that wrong? It sounds like a normal human instinct to me. Why would I support someone who hates me and wants me dead or enslaved?

you know syria already had christians before this regime came and they were never driven out or persecuted

in fact they were protected by muslims when they were going to masscared by druzes

even muslims will protest if christians were treated badly

however they supported the current regime .. will have it's bad outcome on people who supported it " litarly " with action

that's not instinct that's shameful and inhuman

an act based on profit and previlage over other people while being ok with seeing muslims killed etc etc etc

let me ask you .. would you blame me as muslim if i just stood watching .. when the regime fall down

and the new system persecute christians and other minorties

would you blame me if i was ok with watching and doing nothing to stop it ?

should muslims ever rule with injustice against non-muslims " which i doubt will ever happen "

but if it does happen .. they brought it onto them self and therefore gain no sympathy from me personally

i don't tolerate a wrong act coming from muslim .. coming from christian

hell if my own father supported the regime i'd oppose him

that's far fetched talk though ... muslims coming systems would not act wrong against non-muslims

we are better than that and probably won't decend to that level even if they did

except justice for those who are proved to have commitied crimes

see you share this view with minorties . the muslims scarecrow

all this hated against muslims .. and phobia

it's pity those christians we once saved from massacares are the same ones who are willing to side with dictators .. for dirty profit

and should those massacares happens again i have no doubt muslims would stop killing of christians again

because like i said .. we are not like them our religion forbid us from letting it happen

anyway .. first let's see if egypt goverment will ever chase away christians it's too soon to talk about syria

and off with the MB scarecrow it's really getting boring excuse

the people elected them .. weather you like it or not .. weather every one like it or not

it only matter that egypt people vote for that certain man .. and he won by fair elections

edit : well not very fair elections the fact that the previous dictator's man " shafiq " had votes faked for him and still mursi won

*Snip* ... i tend not to take erik too seriously

my point was missed here

i was only expressing pity that minorties in middie east does not look for greater good

they always want to be offensive .. or defensive against majortiy

when they can both be as one and reform the countries for the best for all muslims and non-muslims

arabs or muslims have got nothing against kurds but as erik's country plan to divide our nation

based on ethnic to weaken us with civil war and such

if minorties in middle east get rid of the majority should not rule at any cost

we could really overcome this ethnic or religious sensetivity we have in middle east

different between me and erik .. is that when i was supporter for the syrian goverment and reliazed it was wrong

i simply admit it and switched sides coz i rather to face a true even if was wrong .. rather than to live in denial

beside .. i think it pains him to see a kurd who likes arabs and support a one nation regardless of ethnics

Edited by Karlis

I don’t, I just lose patience and get quickly bored with any discourse based on simplistic formula of ‘assume, generalize, and then file people away in predetermined molds’. Distrusting people from unrelated groups and blaming them for atrocities committed by others in different countries just because they happen to be co-religionists, is what others call ‘Islamophobia’, ... *Snip*

Silencing dissent by haphazardly accusing people of treason, corruption or being agents for foreign ‘powers’ can only lead to totalitarian regimes. No majority can be secure in a democracy and the exercise of its civic rights if it condones the deprivation of minorities of their rights. It will only be a matter of time before the system turns on them too.

The whole argument was incoherent, lacked firsthand knowledge of what is going on in Egypt, or how Egyptians in general are reacting to actual crisis taking place; instead it relied on the use of recognizable MB propaganda clichés and the assumption that if Syrian Christians are backing Assad, then all other Christian minorities in the ME are equally responsible, because all Christians are the same, and all Muslims are also the same, whether in Syria or Egypt. Anyone who opposes the MB's grab or monopoly of power is inherently anti-Islam ... *Snip*

On a lighter note, (sorry again couldn't upload image) below is an Egyptian joke, an example of how ALL Egyptians are reacting to the outages & shortages they are facing and how the new government is dealing with them. In Egypt, being on the receiving end of sarcasm comes automatically with power, no exemptions for Mursi, Qandil, or the MB!

“We complained about the (accumulating) garbage, they told us go to the streets & collect it,

“We complained about the electricity (outage), they told us wear cotton,

“It would be a catastrophe if we complain about the sewage and they tell us wear pampers!”

Edited by Karlis
Deleted (unrelated segments to the OP) which imo would/could lead to arguments, instead of discussions.

we have different views but patronizing .. i doubt i ever did that

am merely expressing my pointview .. and pretty comfortable with it

coz i base it on experince and facts

Could be a step in the right direction, i always viewed the country as being a millitary ran complex.

Could be good, be interesting to see how it plays out.

Thanks,

Has Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood Staged a Coup Against the Military?

Less than a week after sacking several major security chiefs, the first elected President in Egypt’s history has moved on to tackle the big guns. On Sunday, Morsy fired Field Marshal Mohamed Hussein Tantawi, the country’s Defense Minister and powerful chief of Egypt’s military council, ...

Along with Tantawi, who in the 18 months since the ousting of President Hosni Mubarak has reigned as the most powerful man in Egypt, Morsy sacked his chief of staff, Sami Anan. He fired the head of every service of the armed forces and nullified the June constitutional decree that Tantawi and Anan’s Supreme Council of the Armed Forces (SCAF) had released to seize more power for itself. Morsy also appointed a much anticipated Vice President: Mahmoud Mekki, a prominent reformist judge. ...

... Sunday’s shift marks Morsy’s boldest move yet to reclaim power from the country’s powerful military council. But it follows a similar reshuffle last week in Egypt’s security sector, which included the ousting of an old regime ally, Mourad Mwafi, from the head of the country’s General Intelligence Service. The replacements in the security sector, and indeed in the military, all serve a purpose in the broader scheme of things, analysts say. “The Muslim Brotherhood doesn’t do anything off the cuff. Everything is according to plan and may be known for a few months before,” Hamza says. ...

... The Brotherhood, analysts say, is slowly and deliberately arranging Egypt’s political chessboard. “They had to make sure that the media is in their hands and that the army is under their control before they go and make major changes in the Ministry of Justice and in the justice system,” says Hamza. “The next step will be the new constitution.”

Read more

Egypt journalists to be tried for 'insults' to Mursi

Two Egyptian journalists will go on trial accused of incitement to murder President Mohammed Mursi and sowing sectarian discord, prosecutors say.

The move is seen by some analysts as an attempt by Egypt's powerful Muslim Brotherhood to suppress the opposition. ...

... Some commentators in Egypt say that Mr Mursi and the Brotherhood are now resorting to tactics employed to great effect by Mubarak and his party to gain influence over media policy, the BBC's Muhammad Sukri says.

He says the appointment of Salah Abdul Maqsud, a Brotherhood member, as information minister earlier this month has been viewed as an attempt to wrest control of state media from supporters of Mubarak and the military.

Source

Edited by Karlis