Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Marxist agenda in American colleges


  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1    redhen

redhen

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,825 posts
  • Joined:14 Aug 2005
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:Samsara

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

Eight years ago  I posted a video on the conspiracy forum that purports to show a direct link from German Marxists to the present situation in western universities where "Critical Theory" and "political correctness" is taught (foisted?) such that it restricts free speech to further a political agenda.

Since I did not receive one single reply, here it is again



Never mind the form of the video, where the narrator sits in a comfy chair, smoking a pipe, looking all professorial. Pay attention to the content.

Here's another more recent documentary, ala Michael Moore style (in your face) touring various campuses to examine the state of free speech.



There is a watch dog called Foundation for individual rights in education (FIRE)
If you examine the cases, or watch the video above where FIRE spokespersons are interviewed, you will discern that the vast majority of them are complaints about "liberal" teachers and university admin staff that have shut down talks, lectures and protests from conservative students that they don't agree with.

I'm not making a argument (yet). I just want to put this out there, see if anyone recognizes some of these patterns of indoctrination, and wants to add something to the discussion this time.

Thanks

p.s. I'm bringing this up again at this time, because I think that this helps explain a lot of the conspiracy theories floating around, where the U.S. government is the source of all evil.

Also, quick summary of the first video (it can get boring); Marxist thinkers in Germany fled that country with the rise of the Nazis. Some went to the U.S.A., where they quickly realized the workers were not going to rise up as they had in Russia and elsewhere. That's when they set their sights on academia, which they targeted (infiltrated) and influenced the gradual slide to the left in many institutions.

Edited by redhen, 17 January 2013 - 05:06 PM.


#2    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

    Commander in the Secret Space Fleet

  • Member
  • 24,475 posts
  • Joined:09 May 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Sea of Okhotsk

  • Vampires are people too.

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

Well, since the Capitalist agenda that the Western education system has been pushing relentlessly for decades has patently failed all round, and Marxism as a concept has nothing to do with those governments sucgh as Stalin's USSR and Mao's China that claimed to follow it, perhaps it's time to give something else a chance.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.


Posted Image


#3    spartan max2

spartan max2

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,591 posts
  • Joined:15 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ohio

  • There's nothing so absurd that if you repeat it often enough

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

havent wacthed your videos yet. But i do know during the cold war many of the intellectual elite in america were pro communist.

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#4    socrates.junior

socrates.junior

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts
  • Joined:23 Mar 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:USA

  • Nothing is worse than active ignorance. - Goethe

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

Oh, wonderful, the old "Marxism really never got a chance" argument. Well, by that standard, capitalism never got a chance, brilliant.

I love argument, I love debate. I don't expect anyone to just sit there and agree with me, that's not their job. -Margaret Thatcher

#5    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

    Commander in the Secret Space Fleet

  • Member
  • 24,475 posts
  • Joined:09 May 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Sea of Okhotsk

  • Vampires are people too.

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

I'm being mildly tongue in Cheek, but surely it must stare everyone in the face that capitalist "Democracy" has joined the long list of failed political systems.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.


Posted Image


#6    spartan max2

spartan max2

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,591 posts
  • Joined:15 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ohio

  • There's nothing so absurd that if you repeat it often enough

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 17 January 2013 - 05:25 PM, said:

I'm being mildly tongue in Cheek, but surely it must stare everyone in the face that capitalist "Democracy" has joined the long list of failed political systems.

Im pretty sure capitalist countires all have higher standards of living then other forms of goverment? so what would you suggest as a alternative?

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#7    socrates.junior

socrates.junior

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts
  • Joined:23 Mar 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:USA

  • Nothing is worse than active ignorance. - Goethe

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

I'll take a failed political system that didn't kill over 50 million of its own citizens over a failed political system that did.

EDIT: I changed "people" to "its own citizens".

EDIT2: And I completely agree with you, Lord, that Marxism doesn't take into account basic human nature. If everyone was a good person, I'd be all for that way of government.

Edited by socrates.junior, 17 January 2013 - 05:36 PM.

I love argument, I love debate. I don't expect anyone to just sit there and agree with me, that's not their job. -Margaret Thatcher

#8    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

    Commander in the Secret Space Fleet

  • Member
  • 24,475 posts
  • Joined:09 May 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Sea of Okhotsk

  • Vampires are people too.

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

View Postspartan max2, on 17 January 2013 - 05:26 PM, said:

Im pretty sure capitalist countires all have higher standards of living then other forms of goverment? so what would you suggest as a alternative?
oh no, surely you don't believe all that? A higher standard of living for the whatever small percentage it is that has all the wealth, perhaps. You know how much disparity there is in the capitalist west? And how did they get this higher standard of living? By expploiting first their own cheap labour, and then when that got too costly exploiting even cheaper labour in countries they "outsource" to. Actually I think Marx got it about right diagnosing the flaws with capitalism, but perhaps where he went wrong was that his own system, fine though it may be on paper, depends for success on human nature being different to how it is. Perhaps it's time to abandon belief in "systems" or ideologies at all, and go back to a communitarian, (not to be confused with Communist) way of living. But that's probably a subject for Pholosophy and Psychology, not here,

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.


Posted Image


#9    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

    Commander in the Secret Space Fleet

  • Member
  • 24,475 posts
  • Joined:09 May 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Sea of Okhotsk

  • Vampires are people too.

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

View Postsocrates.junior, on 17 January 2013 - 05:31 PM, said:

I'll take a failed political system that didn't kill over 50 million of its own citizens over a failed political system that did.

EDIT: I changed "people" to "its own citizens".
That's really the only choice there is, then? Persist with Capitalism and "Democracy" because (all together now, I wonder if Churchll can collect royalties in valhalla), it's the least worst there is? That's all we can hope for, struggle on with a philosophy that's done bugger all for 80% of the world and comprehensively ********ed up the environment because everyone's so apathetic and enfeebled that they just carry on putting up with the "least worst" because it has brought them a Higher standard of living, i.e. a big TV to watch endlessly repeared bilge on?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.


Posted Image


#10    spartan max2

spartan max2

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,591 posts
  • Joined:15 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ohio

  • There's nothing so absurd that if you repeat it often enough

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 17 January 2013 - 05:35 PM, said:

oh no, surely you don't believe all that? A higher standard of living for the whatever small percentage it is that has all the wealth, perhaps. You know how much disparity there is in the capitalist west? And how did they get this higher standard of living? By expploiting first their own cheap labour, and then when that got too costly exploiting even cheaper labour in countries they "outsource" to. Actually I think Marx got it about right diagnosing the flaws with capitalism, but perhaps where he went wrong was that his own system, fine though it may be on paper, depends for success on human nature being different to how it is. Perhaps it's time to abandon belief in "systems" or ideologies at all, and go back to a communitarian, (not to be confused with Communist) way of living. But that's probably a subject for Pholosophy and Psychology, not here,

No a higher standard of living for the adverage person. The common person in africa or asia normally has far less then the common person in america. Hence the higher standard of living. There is a elite group that has a crap load of money but it is like that everywere. Even in communist countrys. Capitalist common people have far more then other goverments common people. hence all the immagrants every year.

Can you describe the differnce between communitarian and communism. Iv never really looked in to communitarian so i dont know.

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#11    socrates.junior

socrates.junior

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts
  • Joined:23 Mar 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:USA

  • Nothing is worse than active ignorance. - Goethe

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 17 January 2013 - 05:41 PM, said:

That's really the only choice there is, then? Persist with Capitalism and "Democracy" because (all together now, I wonder if Churchll can collect royalties in valhalla), it's the least worst there is? That's all we can hope for, struggle on with a philosophy that's done bugger all for 80% of the world and comprehensively ********ed up the environment because everyone's so apathetic and enfeebled that they just carry on putting up with the "least worst" because it has brought them a Higher standard of living, i.e. a big TV to watch endlessly repeared bilge on?

No, not just the least worst. The one that hasn't had millions of people killed. Apparently that isn't a huge deal to you, however. Really though?

Higher standard of living? Check. Not getting killed? Check. I think that would explain why people "struggle on" with capitalism.

I love argument, I love debate. I don't expect anyone to just sit there and agree with me, that's not their job. -Margaret Thatcher

#12    redhen

redhen

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,825 posts
  • Joined:14 Aug 2005
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:Samsara

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 17 January 2013 - 04:49 PM, said:

Marxism as a concept has nothing to do with those governments sucgh as Stalin's USSR and Mao's China that claimed to follow it,

Well that sounds very familiar. In fact it's the same line that these Marxist professors use in their classrooms. I had a Sociology professor who said the exact same thing in class. Ironically, her parents had fled Communist Poland to come to Canada.

The mass murder carried out by Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot and others are not anomalies, they just went by the book, Marx's book where he called for violent revolution.  Death, blood, fear, that's all part and parcel of Marxism.


#13    leokatero

leokatero

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Joined:17 Jan 2013

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:07 AM

The common person in africa or asia normally has far less then the common person in america.Posted Image


#14    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,570 posts
  • Joined:16 Dec 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Free America

  • it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:45 AM

Communism/Socialism never died in America.


#15    redhen

redhen

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,825 posts
  • Joined:14 Aug 2005
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:Samsara

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

Three days since my OP; a few people agreeing, and a dispute over Capitalism vs Communism. That's all I got.

I have to conclude then, that either no one is interested in this CT, or everyone already knows.

I'll let David Horowitz have the last word, since he is in a position to know, being a former Marxist.







0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users