Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Poll - Bush ahead of John Kerry by 11 points

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#46    Angelofmercy

Angelofmercy

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 05:11 PM

Other issues? ok.  The unemployment rate is actually LOWER than when Clinton was president.  The economy is actually BETTER than when Clinton was president.

And given that he had to deal with a national disaster in the first year of his presidency...don't think he's done half bad..i have a link,  i know you will say its biased..but numbers don't lie.

http://www.scaryjohnkerry.com/convention.htm

Sacred Duty Yadda yadda yadda

#47    snuffypuffer

snuffypuffer

Dandy Fop

• 11,038 posts

• Let's get happy!

Posted 05 September 2004 - 05:17 PM

Give me a link that isn't biased, like, where did this site get their numbers?  Yes, the bias of the site makes me think twice, so give me an objective source and I'll get back to you.

Nothing to see here.

#48    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,302 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 05:18 PM

terrorism will never end....no matter what you do... it will never stop. having more wars and bombings of terrorist countries only creates more terrorism. its an endless cycle.

of course terrorism will always exist, just like inequality and violence, however what Bush is attempting to do is to create an environment which doesn't allow for terrorism and terrorist groups to thrive, its a work in progress, we aren't going to be seeing any change in the short term.
Is iraq the first step of a much larger plan? most likely, is this a bad thing? noone can really say, personally i'm all for bringing the middle east into the 21st century, and i'll be damned if some aging liberal hippy douche (south park reference, not attack on anyone here) wants to complain about cultural differences and understanding and all that crap.

#49    dharmamonk

dharmamonk

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

• An Aquarian Exposition

Posted 05 September 2004 - 05:19 PM

*sirs quietly and stands up. opens mouth...* [/B] VOTE FOR BUSH 2004!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *closes mouth, sits back down in acorner*

#50    BurnSide

BurnSide

Through the Looking Glass

• 25,390 posts

• “Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you.”

Posted 05 September 2004 - 05:20 PM

Anyone seen the previews for the new movie by the creators of south park?

AMERICA: WORLD POLICE!!

Staring Bush, Kerry, Moore, etc etc as Marionets.

Hilarious!

#51    wunarmdscissor

wunarmdscissor

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,761 posts

• come on the hoops

Posted 05 September 2004 - 05:22 PM

I love it when they do that. Its hilarious.

This aint a football match. lol.

Do you have any idea of how ridiculous it looks lol????....

Stand up for the Champions
'MON the tic an tiocfaidh ar-la

saorsa na h-alba

#52    Dancing_Dumplings

Dancing_Dumplings

broke.

• 2,653 posts

• <3 Ti amo Eva <3

Posted 05 September 2004 - 05:24 PM

personally i'm all for bringing the middle east into the 21st century

as am i

liberal hippy douche

lol ahh south park...light of my life lol

Memories frozen in time...
^all of my personal photos. Everything I want you to see. Nothing more, nothing less.^

#53    Disinterested

Disinterested

Government Agent

• 3,740 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE(Angelofmercy @ Sep 5 2004, 06:11 PM)
Other issues? ok.  The unemployment rate is actually LOWER than when Clinton was president.  The economy is actually BETTER than when Clinton was president.

View Post

http://economics.about.com/cs/macroeconomi...residency_4.htm

Or considering the nature of your sources, perhaps you'd prefer this one:
http://w.sucks.xs2.net/

#54    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,696 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 05 September 2004 - 06:43 PM

Bush was appointed by the Supreme Court, he lost the popular vote. Am I the only one who finds this a little disturbing?

Bush was NOT appointed by the Supreme Court.  He won the majority of votes in Florida which gave him their electoral votes.  Every vote was counted about 3 or 4 times in the presence of every news media.  That is the truth.  You probably didn't hear about it on the evening news with Dan Blather, but that is the truth.  The Supreme Court appointed no one.  They simply ruled on the alledged voting fraud of Florida.  Isn't it interesting to you at all Snuffy that all of this alledged fraud happened in precincts dominated by the Democrats?  Who do you think was running the voting booths?  It was Democrats.  It was Al Gore who tried to steal the election of 2000,  not Bush.  Gore had his entire life wrapped up in being President and he wasn't going to let it slip by without a fight.  

The Electoral College is what keeps the elections free from major fraud.  Go vote for Nader and convince as many others as you can (especially Kerry supporters) to vote for him as well.

Edited by joc, 05 September 2004 - 09:07 PM.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#55    DC09

DC09

Poltergeist

• 2,458 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE(joc @ Sep 5 2004, 01:43 PM)
Bush was appointed by the Supreme Court, he lost the popular vote. Am I the only one who finds this a little disturbing?

Bush was NOT appointed by the Supreme Court.  He won the majority of votes in Florida which gave him their electoral votes.  Every vote was counted about 3 or 4 times in the presence of every news media.

View Post

Yep! Those votes were counted and recounted. Gore lost. Get over it.

#56    snuffypuffer

snuffypuffer

Dandy Fop

• 11,038 posts

• Let's get happy!

Posted 05 September 2004 - 07:26 PM

I've got an argument for this, just hold this space till I get back.

Nothing to see here.

#57    KindredSpirt4125

KindredSpirt4125

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 09:42 PM

Gore DID lose the 2000 election, thank God.  I hate to think how he would have handled 9-11!!!  Anyways, they'd like to let you think that the president is chosen by the people, but they're not, it's totally done by the electoral college, the popular vote just "influences" them.  So, in 2000, no matter how many ballets were counted and recounted, Bush won fair and square, the electoral college appointed him.  There has actually been 7 times in our nation's history where the popular vote was not the same as the electoral college vote, in  1800, 1824, 1836, 1872, 1876, 1888 and (maybe in) 2000.  Check out this website for all the facts: http://www.fairvote.org/e_college/controversial.htm

Edited by crystal3rose, 05 September 2004 - 09:44 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users