Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

10 of the world's biggest unsolved mysteries

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#31    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:09 PM

View PostDingoLingo, on 15 March 2013 - 09:35 AM, said:

and 10 - Is Zoser just taking the micky in regards to AA?

Deadly serious in fact.

See above.

Posted Image

#32    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,182 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:28 PM

Oh no now zoser is branching out from the AA thread... anything to spark a conversation up it seems...with anyone, anywhere

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#33    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:38 PM

How about the Piri Reis map?

The Piri Reis Map is a famous pre-modern world map created by 16th century Ottoman-Turkish admiral and cartographer Piri Reis. The map shows part of the western coasts of Europe and North Africa with reasonable accuracy, and the coast of Brazil is also easily recognizable. Various Atlantic islands including the Azores and Canary Islands are depicted, as is the mythical island of Antillia. The map is noteworthy for its depiction of a southern landmass that some controversially claim is evidence for early awareness of the existence of Antarctica. Some scholars claim this and other maps support a theory of global exploration by a pre-classical undiscovered civilization.

Or the Alaskan Triangle?

The Alaskan Triangle, a Devil′s Graveyard of lost ships, airplanes and missing people. Since 1988, some 16,000 people have vanished in the Alaska Triangle. Annually, 4 out of every 1,000 Alaskans disappear without a trace. Alaska is thick with magnetic anomalies which can vary compass readings as much as 30 degrees.
On the show, Dan Shaw, an expert on energy vortexes, demonstrates how a simple device known as a ′Golden Vortex′ with just three aligned magnets can alter perception. Shaw says that people react differently when they encounter a vortex, either psychically or even physically.  The team also learns more about energy vortexes and the twelve Devil′s Graveyards, triangular regions where ships and planes are frequently lost. Bill Romberg, an expert in Alaskan search and rescue describes how he has heard a strange buzzing sound at times.
In 1972, one of the more famous disappearances involved two members of the U.S. Congress along with an aide, and the pilot,  were flying in a Cessna 310 from Anchorage to Juneau. Not long after take-off, all contact with the plane ceased. A massive air-sea search and rescue mission was launched. Some 400 aircraft, dozens of boats, including 12 Coast Guard ships, and even an Air Force SR-71 searched for the missing plane and men. After 39 days, the effort was called off. To this day, nobody knows what really happened?

#34    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,629 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:47 PM

View PostKowalski, on 16 March 2013 - 01:38 PM, said:

How about the Piri Reis map?

Or the Alaskan Triangle?

The Piri Reis map is no such mystery:

http://www.uwgb.edu/...SC/PiriRies.HTM

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#35    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:15 PM

View Postseeder, on 16 March 2013 - 01:28 PM, said:

Oh no now zoser is branching out from the AA thread... anything to spark a conversation up it seems...with anyone, anywhere

Reaching out to skeptics all over the world!

Posted Image

#36    DingoLingo

DingoLingo

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:58 PM

View Postzoser, on 16 March 2013 - 01:08 PM, said:

Here's another incredible unsolved mystery:

Precision polygonal walls in Peru.  Sacsayhuaman.

How did they do it?

Posted Image

One of the upper stones is shaped like a parallelogram.  

Was this really bashed into shape like this or was the stone moulded somehow?

thats already been answered to everyone's satisfaction.. except yours :)

#37    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:34 PM

View PostDingoLingo, on 16 March 2013 - 02:58 PM, said:

thats already been answered to everyone's satisfaction.. except yours :)

Care to lay it out for the benefit of all on this thread or are we just expected to take your work for that?

Posted Image

#38    DingoLingo

DingoLingo

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:01 AM

View Postzoser, on 16 March 2013 - 03:34 PM, said:

Care to lay it out for the benefit of all on this thread or are we just expected to take your work for that?

ok fair call..

I'll just do a you :)

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=237842

enjoy the mind numbing and repetitive pictures that gets posted over and over again..

#39    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Poltergeist

• 2,516 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:53 AM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 16 March 2013 - 03:37 AM, said:

That's probably because there is an endless variety of 'reality' to record and people love other people's realities.
COPS, the Real World, Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares, the lives of wealthy unknown people, the lives of wealthy known people, save my bar, sell my house, eat that bug, save my life, chop those trees, survive this, escape that, shoot here, work there, exploit trailer park kid, pawn this, repo that, mine for gold, drill for oil, hillbilly hand fishing, drive on ice, drive on land, fix my lawn, gimme a kitchen, swap my wife, humiliate me, sell your soul for money and many more now and to come.

That's a good point. There might be more supply than demand, though. It sounds like many people are sick and tired of reality shows. Viewers miss scripted programs. It's also a shame when cable channels remove appropriate shows and replace them with reality series. For instance, why is "Honey Boo Boo" on The Learning Channel!? A&E and THC do the same thing with all of these buy/sell/find/pawn/truck shows that take the place of relevant programming. MTV programmers were the first ones to make these kinds of decisions. They played videos when I was a kid. :lol: I have to admit that I loved "America's Most Wanted" and "Cops", and I watched them for years. They started before the reality plague, though. They could break the trend by filming my boring life.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#40    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

Lector Historiae

• 8,864 posts

• "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make him think." Dorothy Parker

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:52 PM

View PostKowalski, on 16 March 2013 - 01:38 PM, said:

Or the Alaskan Triangle?

Well, gosh. There's already a thread about that. I myself discovered what is clearly an artificial mountain there. The Man tries to keep it hidden, though.

http://www.unexplain...topic=96987&hl=

--Jaylemurph

"... amongst the most obstinate of our opinions may be classed those which derive from discussions in which we affect to search for the truth, while in reality we are only fortifying prejudice."     -- James Fenimore Cooper, The Pathfinder

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#41    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:29 AM

View PostDingoLingo, on 17 March 2013 - 12:01 AM, said:

ok fair call..

I'll just do a you :)

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=237842

enjoy the mind numbing and repetitive pictures that gets posted over and over again..

Just make sure he reads ALL of it,k not only his own posts LOL.

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#42    sk8tan71

sk8tan71

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:45 PM

View Postseeder, on 28 December 2012 - 12:44 AM, said:

thats only a question for stoners

I resemble that remark.

In the beginning the universe was created.  This made a lot of people angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

#43    sk8tan71

sk8tan71

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:42 PM

View PostDingoLingo, on 15 March 2013 - 09:35 AM, said:

Hmm... top 10 mysteries...
9 - what is the answer to life the universe and everything

Everyone knows the answer is 42.

In the beginning the universe was created.  This made a lot of people angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

#44    cladking

cladking

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,943 posts

• Tempus fugit.

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:06 AM

View Postsk8tan71, on 05 April 2013 - 08:42 PM, said:

Everyone knows the answer is 42.

It also would take 42 X 10 ^ 806,999 monkeys and typewriters to get War and Peace in one draft.

Men fear the pyramid, time fears man.

#45    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Telekinetic

• 7,720 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:02 AM

View Postcladking, on 06 April 2013 - 12:06 AM, said:

It also would take 42 X 10 ^ 806,999 monkeys and typewriters to get War and Peace in one draft.

But significantly fewer monkeys to churn out the average paperback one can buy in a grocery store today.

Posted Image
Words of wisdom from Richard Clopton:
For every credibility gap there is a gullibility fill.

Visit My Blog!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users