Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

U.S. Criticizes Killing of Hamas Leader

DC09

AP) - After initially hesitating, the Bush administration criticized Israel on Monday for killing Sheik Ahmed Yassin, a founder of the militant Palestinian group Hamas. "We are deeply troubled by this morning's incident in Gaza," the White House spokesman said. The criticism appeared to reflect both concern for the already troubled U.S. peace effort in the Middle East and a judgment that the Bush administration should reassure European and Arab governments that its support for Israel is not limitless.

Full Article

That just p***es me off! The guy was a murderer. Would we take any criticism for bombing bin Laden's @ss? mad.gif

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DreamRebel

• shirini

• Erikl

• wunarmdscissor

From the article...

A total of four people were killed and 12 were wounded in the attack, witnesses said.

I don't think anybody's condeming the fact that a terrorist was killed...the critisism is that, in typical Israeli style, they launched missiles at the guy as he was leaving a mosque, endangering exactly how many innocent civilians?

The reason the attack is reciecing raised eyebrows is because, not for the first time, it demonstrates an extreme lack of care or forthought for the lives of bystanders, as the Israeli military seems willing to kill or maim anyone, so long as it gets the intended target.

Last time I checked, this is not a good way to secure peace; it only gives the Palestinians a reason to hate the Israelis. In fact, slaughtering innocent people to kill a political figure is...wait...isn't that what terrorists do? huh.gif

It's a very ugly, very reckless, and very hate fueled war...the US and UK are condeming the attack because both sides are as ruthless and savage as the other. We want to see peace achieved, not an endless slaughter.

Edited by Seraphina

From the article...

A total of four people were killed and 12 were wounded in the attack, witnesses said.

I don't think anybody's condeming the fact that a terrorist was killed...the critisism is that, in typical Israeli style, they launched missiles at the guy as he was leaving a mosque, endangering exactly how many innocent civilians?

It sucks that innocent people were killed, but how many people have been killed indirectly by this man, and how many would be?

The Palestinians already hate the Israelis, and the whole thing is gonna go to hell sooner or later.

The pentagon made it clear that if they

were able to locate Osama Bin Laden

they would not think twice about bombing

the site.. even if he was stupid enough

to surround himself with women and

children!

Why are the Israelis held to a double

standard?

This man was a TERRORIST and THE leader

of Hamas... one of the most infamous

terrorist groups on the planet.

Hamas has a cumlative body count over many

years of attacks that Al-Qaeda and Osama

can only dream of.

The USA should not oppose Israel's

war on terrorism or be critical of their

tactics while seeking the same results

in it's own war on Terrorism.

The risk of the double standard speaks

for itself!

Gazz

The reason the attack is reciecing raised eyebrows is because, not for the first time, it demonstrates an extreme lack of care or forthought for the lives of bystanders, as the Israeli military seems willing to kill or maim anyone, so long as it gets the intended target.

In all fairness though SeraBabe, Why should Israel care about innocent bystanders? The suicide bombers are there precisely to kill and maime innocent bystanders. The problem with Israel is they want to play a tit for tat game and don't have the resolve to declare war on Hamas and end its role forever. How many times have they surrounded Yassir Arafat and then let him go? There will never be peace in Israel. My opinion...............

To Sera:

From the article...

Actually, seven people were killed in the elimination of Yasin. All were his body guards (he is surrounded by 12 bodyguards), and so were Hamas members (naturally). Israel actually kept watching Yasin for a week, and waited to this early hour in monday morning because that was the first time in the last week that he wasn't surrounded by citizens...

So check your'e sources before writing.

I'm sorry Mr Erikl, but your sources are the same ones that claim the picture of the cowering father and infant son who were shot by your armed forced were actually a pair of terrorists, and the father (despite the picture quite obviously showing him pushing his son behind him) ruthlessly threw his son in the path of the bullets to save himself.

Your own sources, and veiws on this subject are somewhat jaded Mr. Erikl, though I'm sure you don't care to admit it tongue.gif

And what are your sources? The same that claim that Israel is a terrorist state and that it commits genocide against the Plaestinians? You are so biased.

You simply don't know what are you talking about. The plan of Yasin's elimination is publish today in all Israelis newspapers. It is something that is open to the public. Simply read it and you'll see. No hidding, no censor.

Once again Joc im left to remind you of the facts lol.

Joc yasir arafat is a member of the PLO not hamas two completley different organisations, one the israelis recogins and one they dont. One is a political movement and one a terrorist organisation, Yasir arafat has won the Nobel Peace prize, Yasir arafat has not been killed by israel because israel relies on america's support, if it were to kill arafat then there is no way that America could back them anymore.

Now to Gazz , dont compare the pakestinian , israel situation with the al,quaeda situation .

They are two totally different situations.

For israelis the threat of suicide bombings must be awuful and i understand why they want to stop it, but spare a moment to think just how awful for the palestinians their way of life is .

Remember they are the ones being occupied not the other way around.

Erikl if you think it was such a good thing for israel to assasinate this guy, then why are jewish isrealis protesting on the streets about it.

Im not saying this guy was innocent far from it , im just saying this will only make things worse.

there is no exuse for killing civilians but that goes for both sides.

Joc yasir arafat is a member of the PLO not hamas two completley different organisations, one the israelis recogins and one they dont. One is a political movement and one a terrorist organisation, Yasir arafat has won the Nobel Peace prize, Yasir arafat has not been killed by israel because israel relies on america's support, if it were to kill arafat then there is no way that America could back them anymore.

Actually, PLO's armed forces, the Fatah and Al-Aqza Brigades, are terrorist groups. Arafat himself is a terrorist. The all Oslo accord was a plan to destory Israel from the inside, a "Trojan Horse" as Arafat himself said. He shouts for peace in English but calls for war in Arabic.

Everyone understand today that trusting Arafat was a mistake - even the Europeans understood that.

And the fact that he got a Nobel Prize is a disgrase to that prize - he is the only known terrorist to get a Nobel Prize.

PLO's killings surpassing any terrorist organization - even Al-Qaeda.

They are responsible for the death of thousands of Jordanians, Lebanese and Israelis.

Erikl if you think it was such a good thing for israel to assasinate this guy, then why are jewish isrealis protesting on the streets about it.

That is because Israel is a Democracy. Just as not everyone in the US or GB supported the War in Iraq, there is a minority here in Israel, from the extreme left (like Sera), that think that killing Yasin was wrong.

Im not saying this guy was innocent far from it , im just saying this will only make things worse.

Not if Israel won't let go. It should continue to chase all the terrorist leaders so they won't have time to plan a revange attack. If this is going to be a one-time show, it will only make things worse in the short time (but in the long run the World is a better place without Ahmed Yasin).

there is no exuse for killing civilians but that goes for both sides.

So stop killing innocent Afghanis and Iraqis... Oh, oops, they are terrorists... strange how in GB's case they are terrorists, but when it comes to Israel it is a genocide against innocent civilians. Double standard anyone? tongue.gif

No i totally disagree with the war on Iraq now, an according to our government it was nothing directly to do with terroism that we went into Iraq . So there lol.

Erikl to be honest with you i just dont know what to believe about any of this anymore .

At first I totally backed the war, I believe tony blair had to get involved or esle the US would have been like a loose cannon, they wouldnt have even tried to get the UN involved, the US would never had asked Israel to suggest that palestine could have its on state , the world would be in an even worse position, so i have sympathy for blair as i do personally believe he tried.

I also have a lot of sympathy for Israelis too i really do, it must be terrible. I mean you have created a beautiful country out of the desert an have a democratic country only for it to be destroyed.

I am also aware that the leader of Hamas stated that he wanted a "islamic state stretching from the meditteranian to the jordan river" they obviously want to destroy israel , im not daft.

I also do believe its one set of rules for the west an another for them , they always seem to hold the moral high gorund which more than often i do not agree with.

I Just dont know.

Edited by wunarmdscissor

What about Afghanistan? What about N. Ireland? GB is a big evil dictatorship. A Nazi state. How do I know this? Simply, I watch Muslim networks that are been watched by millions of people all over thw world, so they must be accurate and not biased at all... whistling2.gif

EDIT: Ofcourse, I was just kidding... just wished to show you what Israelis feel when they hear European critisizm that is based on BBC or Skynews or French TV...

Edited by Erikl

The Israely wre idiots by killing the guy. Whit this, they only firem up the palestinian hate and more bombings will come. I would recomend a more subtle aproximation , like kidnap or something, but its seens that Sharon wants a total war betwen Israel and palestinians.

The Israely wre idiots by killing the guy. Whit this, they only firem up the palestinian hate and more bombings will come. I would recomend a more subtle aproximation , like kidnap or something, but its seens that Sharon wants a total war betwen Israel and palestinians.

The problem with this line of thinking is that the hatred from the Palestinians can

not be any stronger than it already is. There will be more bombings in Israel because of this....count on it....it is Eye for Eye and Tooth for Tooth. The real solution to this problem lies in Forgiveness from both sides and unfortunately that will never happen because neither side has a comparable understanding of Forgiveness.

Israel sadly is at war because of their existence. Short of terms of Forgiveness they always will be.

Whit this, they only firem up the palestinian hate and more bombings will come.

I don't think it's possible. Palestinians were bombing Israelis cities before, and there are 50 suicide bombers a day that are trying to get to Israeli cities.

Only last week there was a suicide attack in the the Ashdod naval port, near a dangerous chemicals storage, and it was only a miracle that the chemicals didn't leak. It was meant to be a mega-terror attack, that should have killed houdreds of civilians.

The pentagon made it clear that if they

were able to locate Osama Bin Laden

they would not think twice about bombing

the site.. even if he was stupid enough

to surround himself with women and

children!

Why are the Israelis held to a double

standard?

This man was a TERRORIST and THE leader

of Hamas... one of the most infamous

terrorist groups on the planet.

thumbsup.gif My Point precisely. i don't understand why the news and mainstream media is calling this guy "spiritual leader of middle east" or "muslim cleric and spiritual leader" you know, i'm sorry....the Pope, Billy Graham, the doly llama (not sure if thats how you spell that)... those are spiritual leaders who teach a message of peace, not some blood hungry mongor! I'm not happy when anyone dies, but at least more killing has been stopped...

I'm pretty sure the US knew about this plan, but of course they can't say it publicly, or else we'll look bad in the mid east (not like we don't already). I think the US honestly thought that denouncing it would avert any terrorist action against us, unfortunately i dont think anything can do that anymore. sad.gif

I havent seen any mainstream media callin him a "spirtual leader" at all not in the west .

The guys an evil terrorist no european or american media group would do anything as stupid as that as describing him as that.

[Edit] Post removed

Edited by DreamRebel

Whatever happened to “mysterious deaths”? The man was a paraplegic; he and his bodyguards could have died “accidentally” in a car crash or what have you. Why not assassinate him quietly? Trying to make examples of these people is at this time is pointless, they are not going to stop if anything it’s going to get so much worse. Why put more people in danger when you have other choices in eliminating problems!

[Edit] Post removed

Edited by DreamRebel

Why put more people in danger when you have other choices in eliminating problems!

That was very much my point also...

I'm not objecting to the fact that they killed this guy; hell, as many of you have no doubt noticed, my veiws on crime and punnishment aren't exactly lenient tongue.gif My objection is that they ruthlessly endangered innocent people to do it; killing civilians to take out their target, which is exactly what they, and other posters here, and condeming the terrorists for to begin with.

As far as I'm concerned, yes, terrorists are scum, and should be killed...however, there's a time, a place, and a method. Sending missiles into them as they exist a place of worship, with other people around to be killed and injured, is the fastest way to make a martyr, and yet more people willing to blow themselves up to kill you and your people.

I say again, both sides are as bad as the other. Nobody seems interested in endling the conflict, just looking for an excuse to kill as many of each other as they possibly can.

Edited by Seraphina

I havent seen any mainstream media callin him a "spirtual leader" at all not in the west .

The guys an evil terrorist no european or american media group would do anything as stupid as that as describing him as that.

Funny, the AP reports we have here in the US said it, and the LA Times Newspaper said it...that's two main stream medias in the US.

They also painted him as a poor man that was paralyzed when he was a child and led many muslims to follow their "faith" disgust.gif

Edited by fearfulone

Sending missiles into them as they exist a place of worship, with other people around to be killed and injured, is the fastest way to make a martyr, and yet more people willing to blow themselves up to kill you and your people.

Or name their babies after him...read this huh.gif

Edited by shirini