Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rocket launch leaves behind bizarre cloud

Anomalocaris

Rocket launch creates UFO-like light display

September 03, 2015: Onlookers were confounded by a strange whisp of cloud in the early morning sky of Florida, left by the launch of an Atlas V rocket carrying a US Navy satellite.

Read more

More footage

Following a successful launch from Kennedy Space Center, an Atlas V rocket left a strange contrail cloud, confusing Florida residents. CNN affiliate Central Florida News 13 has the story.

Read more

"UFO-like"? Darn it, too many people don't actually use that word correctly.

In this case, more like "sperm" or "tadpole". Nothing about it is unidentified, it's not actually flying, it's floating, but it is an object.

But...it is Bender approved:

b5f.jpg

Uh...it's not really bizarre or unidentified. This is most definitely the Atlas V rocket.

So in other words it shouldn't have been posted at all.

Uh...it's not really bizarre or unidentified. This is most definitely the Atlas V rocket.

This section is described as: "Weird and unusual news stories That just do not fit anywhere else". A story does not have to be related to the "inexplicable", but with the strange, So I disagree.

How on Earth does identifying an unknown mean that it slhould not have been posted at all? Of course it should have been posted, it's just that now it's been identified as the Atlas V rocket.

You're not nobody to say that. As long as it is not inappropriate / offensive content (or repeated thread), members can post whatever they want.

Edited by Anomalocaris

How on Earth does identifying an unknown mean that it slhould not have been posted at all? Of course it should have been posted, it's just that now it's been identified as the Atlas V rocket.

To be fair, the guy who had repeated this thread was trying to sell this as UFO's news. If you read the quotes of the OP, you will see the following:

September 03, 2015: Onlookers were confounded by a strange whisp of cloud in the early morning sky of Florida, left by the launch of an Atlas V rocket carrying a US Navy satellite.

It's all about a cloud of unusual shape (which is as curious as a pareidolia, IMO). So why not the bizarre section? You even have videos about pets or animals there. Another section that I can think is "General Off-Topic Discussion".

Edited by Anomalocaris

Just a reminder, if you want to address a moderator send a report or a pm. Posts designed to complain about moderator action are removed.

• Like 1

Just a reminder, if you want to address a moderator send a report or a pm. Posts designed to complain about moderator action are removed.

Ok, I get it. It's just that, I was trying to understand why this topic was moved from the bizarre section. But now I am happy to see this thread located in its original place, again.

Edited by Anomalocaris

I disagree, it's still cool and interesting.

• Like 1