Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What's so bad about being spiritual?

Echo2002

by Peter Farley www.4truthseekers.org

For L. To N.

When I gave a talk in upstate NY a few years ago a woman came along who told me she hid her David Icke books in the attic so her family and friends would not see them. Although the talk was in a small upstate community it was very well attended. After the evening was done, that same woman came back and talked to me and told me that many of the people at the talk were her close-by neighbors, all afraid for the very same reason to share the fact of their interests in Spirituality and the New World Order.

Recently I've had occasion to work with a numbe rof people who have been 'hiding' the fact of their involvement with the themes that this group and my writings cover. They have not talked about the fact that they can channel, see the future, or do tremendous healing work with their energies, hiding it from both family and friends alike.

When family members do find out through one way or another, they often feel betrayed that their parents have not shared the facts of their interests and abilities with them.

I am reminded of Arthur Miller's wonderful book The Crucible and the movie made from it. The subject is the Salem Witch Trials but is also an allegory of the McCarthy Hearings of the 1950s that sought to root out communism in America. In it one man must come to face the system and chose between living a lie or dying for his truth.

We've all been living a lie for so, so long now. When will it be our time to step up and say "I have a right to live and be free!"

Over the years I have worked with so many people who have lost their lives for just such a reason in the past, burned at the stake, hung, heads chopped off --the whole bit simply for practising their beliefs that went against the norm. Now, in this lifetime, they are afraid to step up and be who they truly are or step up to bat in this war going on between the Forces of the Light and the Darkness.

Can anyone blame them? It has been instilled in us thoughout our history by the New World Order and the darkness itself that the best way to keep people down is to use peer pressure or the snitch culture I've written so much about.

As David Icke and others say, and as expressed so well in The Matrix movies, this prison we have allowed to be constructed around us is held in place not by armed guards but by the pressure of the other prisoners upon us and our actions.

So if no one gets up to lead then there can be no resistance movement against such tyrrany. It has now become a crime to be truly spiritual in our culture. If you're out of the norm (meaning you haven't been sucked in by the lies and the smoke and mirrors of religion or the New Age mentality of passivity) then you are again a witch to be burned at the stake, a revolutionary to be shot by a firing squad, an infidel to have your head chopped off, or a martyr to be wasted in useless martyrdom.

When starting out with my writing and this work the most common e-mail I received was the one saying, "And thanks for putting yourself out there." Well if your in the trenches and you raise your head too high you're bound to get it shot off sometime, as Martin Luther King found out, as Malcolm X found out, and as so many others have found out over the centuries.

But if no one leads then who will the others follow? Again I must always return to one of the finest scenes from all moviedom, the one where the slave and gladiator army of Spartacus have been betrayed into ruin and instead of giving up the identity of Spartacus, each and every man (woman and child) steps up and says "I am Spartacus!"

If we all stand up and say "I am Spartacus' then maybe a revolution will occur. History has showed the NWO that killing those who stand against them only validates what it was that person was preaching. Now we have the remarkable weapon of discreditation. Discredit them by bringing up things from their personal lives as if martyrs or spiritual people don't abide by the rules set down by society, the rules put in place by the NWO exactly to keep us in the places they already have us.

Certainly DISCERNMENT is the key word to be used here. Understanding one's position and the forces aligned against us is what's called in the spiritual world "trusting in God AND tying up your camel." It is why Guidance has me write the books I do showing the darkness out there which has so many faces.

No one is judged a coward. The old saying is that a hero dies but once, a coward dies a thousand times --inside their hearts and minds.

There's a war going on and the greatest weapon the darkside has, the most common reason I hear for NOT doing a person's mission, is the one which is the most insidious weapon of all -- the family.

Like the woman in upstate New York found however, the one ray of Light in this whole topic is the daughter of a couple I worked with who knew more about this topic than either of her parents did, and you know what? --she wasn't afraid of it at all. Her energies were so strong and so pure and so uncorrupted that she is one of the few people I've found who Guidance will allow to do healing work on me.

Wishing it could be so with all the spiritual warriors reading this now.

Hw do you change one old paradigm for a new one anyway?

In service, and with Love, Peter

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• brave_new_world

• The Puzzler

• Jim88

• InnerSpace

Certainly DISCERNMENT is the key word to be used here. Understanding one's position and the forces aligned against us is what's called in the spiritual world "trusting in God AND tying up your camel."

No one is judged a coward. The old saying is that a hero dies but once, a coward dies a thousand times --inside their hearts and minds.

There's a war going on and the greatest weapon the darkside has, the most common reason I hear for NOT doing a person's mission, is the one which is the most insidious weapon of all -- the family.

Absolutely! I couldn't agree more. :)

It has now become a crime to be truly spiritual in our culture. If you're out of the norm (meaning you haven't been sucked in by the lies and the smoke and mirrors of religion or the New Age mentality of passivity) then you are again a witch to be burned at the stake, a revolutionary to be shot by a firing squad, an infidel to have your head chopped off, or a martyr to be wasted in useless martyrdom.

What are you talking about? Nobody is getting executed for being spiritual in the United States. Plenty of people believe things that are out of the norm. They may face a stigma from the Christian majority, but the government isn't persecuting them.

This day and age you can be anything you want without being persecuted... the norm seems to be the opposite it was 15 yrs ago...just look around there seems to be no limit as of yet on what ppl cant do... id like to ask if you could sum it up in a nut shell what EXactly your trying to express...

They may face a stigma from the Christian majority

So very true...especially if they live in the Bible Belt! :yes:

This day and age you can be anything you want without being persecuted...

Only in some countries. We are lucky we live in countries that allow us this right, many still don't have it....

This little excerpt is pretty cool about religion:

'You, Priest in your mufti,' The Preacher called, ' you are a chaplain to the self-satisfied. I come not to challenge Muad'Dib but to challenge you! Is your religion real when it costs you nothing and carries no risk? Is your religion real whenit costs you nothing and carries no risk? Is your religion real when you fatten upon it? Is your real religion real when you commit atrocities in its name? Whence comes your downward degeneration from the original revelation? Answer me, Priest!

---The Preacher B)

Also I agree, David Icke rocks!

Edited by brave_new_world

To the original question: What's so bad about being spiritual? Nothing!

Being dogmatic, intolerant, myopic and oppressive, has everything wrong with it. Being spiritual would preclude one feeling compelled toward those insecure characteristics, I think.

At least that's my experience. Knowing someone that knows jesus and yet is one of the most open and beautiful people I've ever met, causes me to draw the aforementioned conclusion, from experience. :)

I always thought the shape shifting reptilian thing was a bit 'out there' but the more I think about it, it seems many religions have Gods that can be human and then be an animal, a shape shifting if you like...Greek mythology is full of human/animal combinations. Do you find you can accept his theories easier because you see it in your religion? If you know what I mean....

I always thought the shape shifting reptilian thing was a bit 'out there' but the more I think about it, it seems many religions have Gods that can be human and then be an animal, a shape shifting if you like...Greek mythology is full of human/animal combinations. Do you find you can accept his theories easier because you see it in your religion? If you know what I mean....

No I just agree via intuition :D

Certainly DISCERNMENT is the key word to be used here.

It's often confused with Judgementalism. Big problem when you don't want to be labled as judgemental and your convictions are weak, no?

I recently borrowed a book by Icke, titled: Alice in Wonderland and the World Trade Center Disaster - Why the official story of 9/11 is a monumental lie

In a brief browse , as I just received it this morning, it appears to relate not only 9/11, but also alludes to the reptilian subculture Mr.Icke claims to run this planet as the secret government. I will say, there are other books by authors not as radical as DI, that also provide historic references to a reptilian presence. So if a culture, such as ancient Sumer, makes record of such beings, it makes one pause to think a reptilian agenda or culture, is the result of the delusions of one author.

And what a perfect cover, in relation to true espionage. Something so fantastical as a reptilian authority (go with me here lol) , pulling the strings in every aspect of global culture. Government and religion, which in tandem shape all society. Our gods are human, even our saviors have our face. We recognize ourselves as the most prominent power species on this planet, and even in our myths the unknown has human characteristics.

So if the truth was, we were indeed created as a slave species to serve some extra-terrestrial intelligence that happened to look reptilian, we'd scoff. Because as far as our conscious subjective reasoning goes, the only reptiles we know are snakes and lizards. Some of which can be kept as pets. (Some shouldn't be and still are and the lesson appears after their owner disappears.) But still, the largest reptiles to our knowledge are dinosaurs. Today it may be a thought of the reticulated python. But that's as big as it gets and as intelligent. Imagining an iguana at a PC is nonsense.

So if a reptilian hominid did exist, it could almost walk about, because our minds simply aren't ready to see that. And if it could create this world and it's inhabitants hundreds of thousands of years ago, according to the Sumerian accounts, who's to say it couldn't make that so!?

This world is so clearly a matter of parasite and host, or vampire like, that I don't discount reptilians being somewhere in the dark. If only 39% of Americans on this day, want Bush impeached, I think it may be somewhat obvious we have a penchant for believing anything, just to stay loyal to our own understanding of what fits, what must be, what is and all of it contingent on what we're strong enough to handle, if we're wrong.

I live in my own little delusion,called my life.

But it's OK, because they know me here. :P

And I have gobs of company. ;)^_^

OK, I know we are going OT a bit here but I will just add my 2 cents worth. After reading your post Goddess I did a bit of looking and found some info on a website that identifies alien species, yes weird I know but the Sumerian tablets you mentioned caught my imagination and here it is:

"The Reptilian/Human Hybrid-- Apparently reptilian human hybrids don't look different from other humans. There are accounts throughout history of a serpent race of beings who mated with mankind to create a new bloodline. Some people believe that the human race of homo-erectus IS the genetic coupling of reptilians and humanoids. There is evidence of a godlike race (in some descriptions a serpent race) which visited earth and coupled with humans. There are many accounts written on clay tablets from the Sumerian era. This theme permeates many cultures. It's also believed that these reptilian hybrid bloodlines are aristocratic and comprised of kings, royals and noblemen starting in the middle east and spreading to every continent. Some people claim they have the ability to see through the human outer shell into the reptilian underneath."

I found the phrase serpent race interesting because being Australian our Aborigines believe that the world was created by the Rainbow Serpent, the legend being passed down through the ages, they also had no outside influences (that we know of) they are a super ancient people being around, just in Australia, for over 45,000 years. Maybe they do know something we don't. I don't even know where I'm going with this but had to get it out of my system.

I will say, there are other books by authors not as radical as DI, that also provide historic references to a reptilian presence.

Interesting...perhaps one could also include the Garden of Eden story in the book Genesis/OT.

This day and age you can be anything you want without being persecuted... the norm seems to be the opposite it was 15 yrs ago...just look around there seems to be no limit as of yet on what ppl cant do... id like to ask if you could sum it up in a nut shell what EXactly your trying to express...

Are you talking to me or the person who started this thread?

Only in some countries. We are lucky we live in countries that allow us this right, many still don't have it....

That's true, some countries do persecute people for their religions. I thought he was referring to the United States because he mentioned upstate New York.

I was in a religious bubble most of my life, and wasn't really exposed to such concepts and/or questions. You raise an interesting question.

Are you talking to me or the person who started this thread?

sry...directed to the thread starter.

I recently borrowed a book by Icke, titled: Alice in Wonderland and the World Trade Center Disaster - Why the official story of 9/11 is a monumental lie

In a brief browse , as I just received it this morning, it appears to relate not only 9/11, but also alludes to the reptilian subculture Mr.Icke claims to run this planet as the secret government. I will say, there are other books by authors not as radical as DI, that also provide historic references to a reptilian presence. So if a culture, such as ancient Sumer, makes record of such beings, it makes one pause to think a reptilian agenda or culture, is the result of the delusions of one author.

And what a perfect cover, in relation to true espionage. Something so fantastical as a reptilian authority (go with me here lol) , pulling the strings in every aspect of global culture. Government and religion, which in tandem shape all society. Our gods are human, even our saviors have our face. We recognize ourselves as the most prominent power species on this planet, and even in our myths the unknown has human characteristics.

So if the truth was, we were indeed created as a slave species to serve some extra-terrestrial intelligence that happened to look reptilian, we'd scoff. Because as far as our conscious subjective reasoning goes, the only reptiles we know are snakes and lizards. Some of which can be kept as pets. (Some shouldn't be and still are and the lesson appears after their owner disappears.) But still, the largest reptiles to our knowledge are dinosaurs. Today it may be a thought of the reticulated python. But that's as big as it gets and as intelligent. Imagining an iguana at a PC is nonsense.

So if a reptilian hominid did exist, it could almost walk about, because our minds simply aren't ready to see that. And if it could create this world and it's inhabitants hundreds of thousands of years ago, according to the Sumerian accounts, who's to say it couldn't make that so!?

This world is so clearly a matter of parasite and host, or vampire like, that I don't discount reptilians being somewhere in the dark. If only 39% of Americans on this day, want Bush impeached, I think it may be somewhat obvious we have a penchant for believing anything, just to stay loyal to our own understanding of what fits, what must be, what is and all of it contingent on what we're strong enough to handle, if we're wrong.

I live in my own little delusion,called my life.

But it's OK, because they know me here. :P

And I have gobs of company. ;)^_^

I've seen david Icke on dvd also and have to say he comes across as the most down to earth person as you can get. My intuition tells me he is trustworthy and I trust that above all else. David icke also exposes to fraud and mind control manipulation of organzied religions but still believes in an infinite embracing consciousness (which is really another name for God) which cant be labelled under any institutional franchise.

He is quite the modern mystic as well as activist. I love david icke and wish him and his family all the best and to also thank him for helping me open my eyes to who I am which is the best gift anyone can give.

He is far from radical in my eyes and I take him as just passionate.

That's true, some countries do persecute people for their religions. I thought he was referring to the United States because he mentioned upstate New York.

Yeah Jim, after re reading my own post it seemed I didn't equate my answer with the part "in our culture".

I've seen david Icke on dvd also and have to say he comes across as the most down to earth person as you can get. My intuition tells me he is trustworthy and I trust that above all else. David icke also exposes to fraud and mind control manipulation of organzied religions but still believes in an infinite embracing consciousness (which is really another name for God) which cant be labelled under any institutional franchise.

He is quite the modern mystic as well as activist. I love david icke and wish him and his family all the best and to also thank him for helping me open my eyes to who I am which is the best gift anyone can give.

He is far from radical in my eyes and I take him as just passionate.

I went on David's website and I found it to be very negative and dark. I did a little research on him and found out that he had a rather negative and dark childhood as well, with a strict, domineering father who constantly crushed his self-confidence. As a child, any display of weakness bought on a ranting torrent of verbal fury from his father. He was, however...close to his mother and idealized her. In adult life, he may have deeply internalized these two disparate parent-figures, turning them into archetypes of good and evil, which he has projected onto outward figures. Could it be that he has found in this Luciferian-conspiracy-versus-cosmic-Good idea powerful echoes of his control-freak father and loving but helpless mother? That may explain why he hangs desperately on to it and spreads it. No doubt he's got passion and some great ideals...but, in giving his high-profile support for this collection of paranoid, hysterical, dark propaganda, IMO...he is no different from the medieval cleric standing before the mob and screaming: "The devils' spawn must burn!"

Edited to add:

Sorry, hope I didn't off topic here, but I think that he (Icke) is creating more division, than unity, and I was very surprised by Brave's comment.

Edited by Inner Space

by Peter Farley www.4truthseekers.org

(I deleted the actual post by Peter Farley in order to make my response easier to read)

The reason you keep seeing that it is "bad" to be spiritual is because you are gave your talk in New England. Consider New England's roots---Puritans and witch hunts. Even though the Salem Witch Trials happened just over 300 years ago, I can't say the enviromnent is much different today. I live in Connecticut and I still see the paranoid mentality of the Puritans deeply engrained in today's culture. Perhaps subconcious/collective mind memories are to blame? Probably to some extent. Even though technology has changed, how people interact in this area hasn't. Isn't it funny how the teachings of Jesus are love and acceptance, however if you are event slightly different from the typical tight-ass, back-stabbing, gossiping, so-called "Christian" church-goer--which make up damn near 90% New England's populus--you get the dirtiest looks, whispers, and vicious gossip. I define myself as spiritual with some influences from New Age and Eastern thought. If you really want to get a feel for New England, bring some of this stuff up at a evangelical church. They'll damn near burn you at the stake (alright, I'm exaggerating, but you get the point) and convice you are going to hell if you don't repent and believe in Jesus. What's also tied into this is trying to get treatment by alternative healing thearapies because incompetent doctors in this area. Once again, if you aren't a case study replica, you are a nut. In as far as leaders or banding together goes, most people who define themselves as New Age/Spiritual are pretty indepentent, so getting them to unite is difficult. I do my share by reading up and educating myself on an array of Spiritual topics and tie it into my in progress biomedical engineering student career. I help those who look for help, and expose bull where I see it. Who knows, I may get a following when I'm finally out of college and publish a few books--reach a bigger populus-- that don't sugar coat what the hell is going on. I hope this post sheds some light onto spirituality in New England---and for that matter, probably the majority of the rest of the country.

be religious and being spiritual are two separate things.

religion demands rigid conformity and demands control and obedience by claiming to "know" the absolute truth.

it does this simply by claiming infallibility vicariously via god and those who are gods "representatives" get all that power.

it presents a punishment of hell for disobedience or doubt and then "protects" you from it if you comply.

basically its all a combination pyramid scheme and protection racket.

true spirituality doesn't claim to "know" anything. it remains open to what is presented to it. it accepts truth even if it conflicts with present beliefs. it doesn't need to control others. and it never ever ever claims infallibility.

anybody can be spiritual. even an atheist. science itself (when done honestly and with humility) is a spiritual act of inquiry.

i'm an agnostic and i'm spiritual. so know i don't think there's anything wrong with it.

religion, however, is EVIL AND DELIBERATELY DECEPTIVE.

religion demands rigid conformity and demands control and obedience by claiming to "know" the absolute truth.

it does this simply by claiming infallibility vicariously via god and those who are gods "representatives" get all that power.

it presents a punishment of hell for disobedience or doubt and then "protects" you from it if you comply.

It sounds like you're talking about Christianity as most Christians believe it to be. Christianity is not the only religion. Most Christians believe in hell. Other religions have no belief in hell. Christians believe people need to be saved. Other religions don't have this belief. I don't believe in hell or that people need to be saved, but I still have religion. You need to read something about other religions besides Christianity before you group all religions together.

I went on David's website and I found it to be very negative and dark. I did a little research on him and found out that he had a rather negative and dark childhood as well, with a strict, domineering father who constantly crushed his self-confidence. As a child, any display of weakness bought on a ranting torrent of verbal fury from his father. He was, however...close to his mother and idealized her. In adult life, he may have deeply internalized these two disparate parent-figures, turning them into archetypes of good and evil, which he has projected onto outward figures. Could it be that he has found in this Luciferian-conspiracy-versus-cosmic-Good idea powerful echoes of his control-freak father and loving but helpless mother? That may explain why he hangs desperately on to it and spreads it. No doubt he's got passion and some great ideals...but, in giving his high-profile support for this collection of paranoid, hysterical, dark propaganda, IMO...he is no different from the medieval cleric standing before the mob and screaming: "The devils' spawn must burn!"

Edited to add:

Sorry, hope I didn't off topic here, but I think that he (Icke) is creating more division, than unity, and I was very surprised by Brave's comment.

He says in his books that only love and non-violence can overcome the situation with the reptillians. He agrees with non-dualism. I just feel he is corret. Theworld becoming more globalized and we are losing more and more freedoms each election to "protect us" from terrorists which were funded by the governments in the first place. I think it doesnt sound too far-fetched what he is saying. I mean people believe that Jesus existed and could walk on water, I believe that humans are being used like cattle and are being herded into systems which ironically are meant to serve them.

But you could be right. I dont know everything about him. And besides it is my intutition that tells me he is right more than anything else. I dont get into politics anymore likei used to, i prefer just to study mysticism, philosophy and religion. Mysticism is the only true means to put an end to suffering. Everything starts at the individual.

be religious and being spiritual are two separate things.

true spirituality doesn't claim to "know" anything. it remains open to what is presented to it. it accepts truth even if it conflicts with present beliefs. it doesn't need to control others. and it never ever ever claims infallibility.

anybody can be spiritual. even an atheist. science itself (when done honestly and with humility) is a spiritual act of inquiry.

i'm an agnostic and i'm spiritual. so know i don't think there's anything wrong with it.

religion, however, is EVIL AND DELIBERATELY DECEPTIVE.

Organized religion can be lead into corruption and vague ritual. But religion and spirituality are one and the same. AWESOME POST MATE! I LOVE WHAT YOU SAID HERE anybody can be spiritual. even an atheist. science itself (when done honestly and with humility) is a spiritual act of inquiry. VERY WELL PUT INDEED! YOU ARE GOOD WITH WORDS :lol: