Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Col. Charles Halt claims US UFO coverup

• Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

#46    Hawkin

Hawkin

LiverEatenJohnson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

• Some say he is dead.
    Some say he will never be.

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:17 AM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 27 September 2012 - 03:22 AM, said:

Seems pretty amazing doesn't it?  Although in reality, it wasn't Halt who made this claim, it was Jim Penniston.  The most amazing part about it is that he didn't mention this little tidbit until after he has visited a brain butcher erm, I mean memory regression therapist...  Also amazing is the fact that the guy he was with at the time (Burroughs) had absolutely no recollection of these details or of even seeing a 'landed craft' at all...

Fascinating isn't it?

Don't get me wrong, it's a fantastic story.  Truly.  But that doesn't make it any more real than a sci-fi movie.

It's a shame really, because like many other people, this one really had me convinced for a very long while before I actually started looking into it.  I'm all for believing in things that are substantiated and/or of definable value.  This story though doesn't meet either criteria in my opinion.  More details here.

Cheers.

Since this phenomena happens worldwide and has been happening for decades and thought to be mass hallucination.
Then that itself would be worthy of investigation. Ya think?

It's good to have some skepticism so you won't be gullible & naïve. But to much of it can make you arrogant & egotistical.

#47    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,642 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:18 AM

View Postzoser, on 26 September 2012 - 06:58 PM, said:

What?????????
I think he's saying "how come it's bad when the government has stuff it doesn't release to the masses, but when a single researcher into the field has information he doesn't reveal he's lauded?" - ie double standards in the UFOlogy field.

#48    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:50 AM

View PostRyegrog, on 27 September 2012 - 04:17 AM, said:

Since this phenomena happens worldwide and has been happening for decades and thought to be mass hallucination.
Then that itself would be worthy of investigation. Ya think?

The whole phenomena is worthy of investigation, I completely agree.  I'm only talking about the results of in depth investigation into this particular case at the moment.  You can choose to look into that if you'd like or you can choose not to.  It is up to you.  I'm just sharing what I've found while I was looking into it.

View Postsynchronomy, on 27 September 2012 - 03:33 AM, said:

If you go back to post #8, there is a picture of the symbols and the sketches drawn at the scene.

Those weren't drawn at the scene.  Those were drawn years later.  Of course Jimbo would have everyone believe otherwise, but honestly I don't trust the man after he's changed his story so many times and had so many repeat visits to the brain butchers... erm...  memory regression therapists...

#49    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:43 AM

I agree with boon.

One should be VERY skeptical to memory regression (hypnosis) when it comes to alien abduction and other ET related stories. I have little doubt that regressive hypnosis creates memories, instead of "releasing" them.

Modern science and new technology for analyzing sleep patterns, dreams, and sleep paralysis has shed a negative light on many ET and abduction experiences. Those who claim that a UFO = ET may believe in their own stories, but without hard evidence to support this claim that is all they are, stories.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#50    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 3,775 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

• It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:27 AM

View PostCpl599, on 26 September 2012 - 02:42 PM, said:

Does he have a book coming out?

How else do you get the truth out? The mainstream media is highly controlled.
I personally see nothing wrong with writing books that tell the truth, while people like you maintain a dismissive stance on those that do write about the truth as seen by the author.
IOWs, just because he may well have  a book coming out does not at all mean that he is trying to mislead. Government's midlead all he time. Do you complain about that too?

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#51    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 3,775 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:31 AM

Opps, didn't see that my first post was saved. My bad.

Edited by regeneratia, 27 September 2012 - 09:31 AM.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema

#52    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:32 AM

Making money of the gullible has never been a problem,... UFOology is practically built on it.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#53    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 3,775 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:17 AM

View PostHazzard, on 27 September 2012 - 09:32 AM, said:

Making money of the gullible has never been a problem,... UFOology is practically built on it.

Honey, the very last thing I am is gullible.
An example of gullible is in believing that your government is telling you the truth, and in believing the news the mainstream media puts out.

Governments lie all the time, ALL the time. Sometimes I think they even lie to themselves, like in the horrible Bush years.

I don't believe in UFOs because there are people like Halt out there. I KNOW of my own experiences, and those experiences lead me to KNOW that UFOs are here.
As I have said before, the evidence is overwhelming in favor of what you call gullible belief.
Only people no longer believe but KNOW that they are here. It is a difference in mind-set. Believing is one thing. KNOWING is entirely different and more profound.

Edited by regeneratia, 27 September 2012 - 10:17 AM.

Professor Hilton Hotema

#54    archernyc

archernyc

Psychic Spy

• 1,752 posts

• Respectful of believers and skeptics alike.

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:07 PM

View PostHazzard, on 27 September 2012 - 05:43 AM, said:

I agree with boon.
Modern science and new technology for analyzing sleep patterns, dreams, and sleep paralysis has shed a negative light on many ET and abduction experiences. Those who claim that a UFO = ET may believe in their own stories, but without hard evidence to support this claim that is all they are, stories.

In this case, then, what about all of the broken tree branches and the depressions made by the craft's landing gear?

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

#55    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:33 PM

View Postarchernyc, on 27 September 2012 - 05:07 PM, said:

In this case, then, what about all of the broken tree branches and the depressions made by the craft's landing gear?

They'll try to tell you it was done by gophers and chipmunks.  Of course, it doesn't matter at all what they say since they weren't there and saw nothing.  Only the witnesses really count, not the various silly "explanations" after the fact that explain nothing.

#56    archernyc

archernyc

Psychic Spy

• 1,752 posts

• Respectful of believers and skeptics alike.

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:32 PM

Look what just turned up:

“I, Steven Robert LaPlume, on this third day of February 2005, wish to declare the following as true regarding the events on and at RAF Bentwaters from December 26th, 1980 to January 30th, 1981.
I witnessed members from another flight entering the day room at about 10:00 a.m., three hours after their shift ended. They were very distraught when asked about their encounter with a UFO the shift before.
Also, Larry Warren related to me the events of a few nights, which entailed the sighting of a UFO, the fact that the lights were not working properly and also that he witnessed a craft, three beings, and a Colonel communicating with the beings. He also mentioned that there was film documentation and that parts were flown in from Germany to help fix the downed craft. This was in early January of 1981.

I had a subsequent sighting which brought out a mass of high-ranking officials, one of which brought his wife and teenaged son to: “Hopefully get to see one this time!” (Quote by the Lt. Colonel's wife.) The base commander, Colonel Gordon Williams, (promoted by Congress the day before to General), was also present and I advised him my post was then “safe and secure,” as instructed by my shift commander, Lt. Englund.
After Larry Warren came up missing for a few days and told me of his “interrogation procedure” and I confirmed I was being followed by still-unknown (to me) agents, I felt it in my best interest to trash my career, loose face with my father, a military man since World War II, and leave the base and the US Air Force for my own personal safety. I felt so strongly of this, I faked a suicide attempt and cut open my own stomach to prove my point and receive a discharge, which I did. I have no regrets over this action.

My personal thoughts are that if there was something, it was a threat to the ordinance we housed at the base. If there was nothing, then there was mass hysteria and the entire squadron of Security Police was mentally unfit to be in the position of responsibility we were charged with. If there was nothing, then why would the Assistant Base Commander of Woodbridge bring his family out to take pictures of a UFO, if there was nothing there to begin with? And why would a recently-promoted General Williams get out of bed at midnight to come investigate as well?”

There's more here:

http://eyewitnessrad...last-interview/

On the Air Tonight, 9/27/2012, Royce and I will have the distinct pleasure of interviewing for the last time one of the most interesting men involved in the Bentwaters Incident back in 1980/81, and for the last time…
Don’t miss this interview tonight, ‘ONLY’ on the Global Radio Alliance!

SOURCE: http://www.paolaharris.com/home.htm

Edited by archernyc, 27 September 2012 - 07:35 PM.

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

#57    Oppono Astos

Oppono Astos

Overlord of Delgon

• 2,020 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:43 PM

View Postarchernyc, on 27 September 2012 - 05:07 PM, said:

Assumed craft, not factual.  As for the ground marks I'll take the opinion of the local forester every time.

Who is the skeptic: the realist who won't accept belief, or the believer who won't accept reality?

#58    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:37 PM

View PostOppono Astos, on 27 September 2012 - 07:43 PM, said:

Assumed craft, not factual.  As for the ground marks I'll take the opinion of the local forester every time.

The witnesses who saw the UFO are the ones who matter, not somebody who was not even there.

#59    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,239 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:41 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 27 September 2012 - 08:37 PM, said:

The witnesses who saw the UFO are the ones who matter, not somebody who was not even there.

You should make this your signature.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

#60    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:42 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 27 September 2012 - 08:37 PM, said:

Absolutely.

Convince others we never will.  What I am standing up for is the truth and the people that have tried to convey this to us over the years.  That's partly what I am fighting for.  Also I am fighting against the awful denial and blandness that exists in some people regarding anything that is out of the ordinary.  As long as I live a sense of mystery will survive in this world for those that have a sense of wonder, that serves to remind people that there are things beyond the realms of school science lessons.  I live to champion the thought that humans as emancipated as they are by modern technology that there is far more to be won if only we would open our minds to it.

That's what I live for.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users