Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Forum update progress

update

• Please log in to reply
324 replies to this topic

#151    clfr21

clfr21

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:13 PM

Hi, Previously on your profile page there was a box on the right hand side which had links to status updates belonging to others that you had commented on. I cant seem to find a way to view what status's i have commented on except by going through the whole list of updates. Is there a quicker and easier way that i have missed?  Like the new look so far by the way   :)

#152    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,811 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:45 PM

View Postclfr21, on 04 May 2012 - 05:13 PM, said:

I cant seem to find a way to view what status's i have commented on except by going through the whole list of updates. Is there a quicker and easier way that i have missed?
I don't believe so unfortunately, the profile feed is intended to be the new central hub for all status related information.

#153    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

An Inspiration to Millions

• 23,267 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:40 PM

Another thing I'm mildly sad about is that there's only room for about 5 status updates now, so they can drop off the bottom rather quickly. I don't know whether the birthdays could be moved down a bit?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#154    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,811 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:59 PM

View Post747400, on 04 May 2012 - 07:40 PM, said:

Another thing I'm mildly sad about is that there's only room for about 5 status updates now, so they can drop off the bottom rather quickly.
There is actually supposed to be 10 but it defaulted back to 5 for some reason, that's it now set to 10 again.

#155    Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Aus Der Box Skeptisch

apologist by opinion

• 2,766 posts
  • Location:arizona (originally the wisconsin/minnesota area eh!)

• Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. ―Siddhārtha Gautama

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:06 AM

Thanks for looking into the chat issue saru. Much appreciated. :tu:

Edited by Aus Der Box Skeptisch, 05 May 2012 - 02:10 AM.

"Though I stand in opposition to you, I am not opposed to you. Night and Day stand in opposition to each other, but they are not opposed to each other -they are merely two halves of the same coin."

#156    Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Aus Der Box Skeptisch

apologist by opinion

• 2,766 posts
  • Location:arizona (originally the wisconsin/minnesota area eh!)

• Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. ―Siddhārtha Gautama

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:09 AM

Hey saru another query into the mobile version. Is there anyway to put a drop box for emoticons? I've been memorizing the key strokes for my favorites so its not important. We've never had them so I'm not missing them or anything...

Edited by Aus Der Box Skeptisch, 05 May 2012 - 02:10 AM.

"Though I stand in opposition to you, I am not opposed to you. Night and Day stand in opposition to each other, but they are not opposed to each other -they are merely two halves of the same coin."

#157    sickpuppy

sickpuppy

tinfoil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:15 PM

there's something naff with the QUOTE function

My contribution is deciding how giant mutant space goats travel in space.
Newton's Second Law: For every action there is a equal and opposite reaction. They fart themselves around.

#158    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:23 PM

View Postunit, on 05 May 2012 - 04:15 PM, said:

there's something naff with the QUOTE function
Can you be a little more specific about what you've experienced?  In fact, if you can point to a specific post where you've had the problem it might help to understand exactly what happened.

#159    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,811 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:57 PM

Updates:
  • Fixed javascript error in IE
  • Fixed emoticons not showing up in old posts
  • Fixed issue with incorrect online users count in threads

#160    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,811 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:35 PM

View PostAus Der Box Skeptisch, on 05 May 2012 - 02:09 AM, said:

Hey saru another query into the mobile version. Is there anyway to put a drop box for emoticons? I've been memorizing the key strokes for my favorites so its not important. We've never had them so I'm not missing them or anything...
The mobile version is designed to be as basic as possible to improve compatibility so we can't really add any features like that.

#161    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,811 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:57 PM

Update:

In-line post editing is now available again, meaning you can edit your post without having to move off the page. This fix also solves the issue that was being reported in which editing a post that was made via the quick reply box was returning people to the first page of a thread all the time.

#162    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,811 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:30 PM

Update:
  • The image and comment statistics on the image gallery categories are now updating again.

#163    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 34,038 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:00 PM

I got another suggestion: how about a autorefresh function on the forum index? That way you could see at a glance if something is happening and really is pretty easy to program.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#164    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,811 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:22 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 07 May 2012 - 02:00 PM, said:

I got another suggestion: how about a autorefresh function on the forum index? That way you could see at a glance if something is happening and really is pretty easy to program.
Auto refreshing web pages are generally a bad idea except in a few special circumstances like live blogs, webcasts etc.

#165    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:24 PM

View PostSaru, on 20 April 2012 - 02:25 PM, said:

Like system
We've had a few requests for this and it's finally coming - members will have the option to 'like' individual forum posts which gives you the opportunity to give a post the thumbs up without needing to post a direct response. The total number of 'likes' your posts receive is also counted up and displayed in your profile, a new tab will be available to view all the 'likes' you have given or received and on which posts. It is not possible to negatively rate a post which means that this system is reserved purely for giving recognition to quality posts and contributions.

No punishments only awards. Now thats the system.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users