Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Russia Designs New Spaceship

moon iss roscosmos energia manned

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 30,944 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:59 PM

Russia Designs New Spaceship

RIA Novosti said:

MOSCOW, December 26 (RIA Novosti) - Russian space rocket corporation Energia has completed the technical design of a new manned spacecraft whose flight tests are due to begin in 2017, Energia President Vitaly Lopota said on Wednesday.

“We have completed the technical design project taking into account the fact that the new spaceship is to fly to the Moon, among other places,” he said.

Posted Image Read more...

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#2    Eluus

Eluus

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:00 PM

I hope that leads to another space race!

#3    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 30,944 posts

Oscar Wilde

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:12 PM

View PostEluus, on 26 December 2012 - 11:00 PM, said:

I hope that leads to another space race!

As the USA is already building a new spaceship with this sort of capability (the Orion) and the fact that the USA and Russia are now partners I think it is highly unlikely that this will lead to a new space race. Such a race is not needed now anyway. Apollo, great though it was, was about flag waving and one-upmanship first and foremost. Exploration and science were simply fortuitous side effects.

Future exploration is going to be expensive. It makes far more sense for future Lunar or Martian exploration to be carried out in the same way as the ISS, as a result of combining resources in a venture of international cooperation rather than wastefully duplicating efforts in an unnecessary race.

Edited by Waspie_Dwarf, 26 December 2012 - 11:13 PM.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#4    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,651 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:54 AM

If the US and Russia are cooperating, then we can only hope for a steady increase in technology.

Let's hope for similar results to the space race, but different circumstances.

Hey, don't like my opinions? I can respect that. Just realize guns allow you to have that opinion without being labeled as mentally insane for questioning the state.

Political abuse of psychiatry in the USSR: http://en.wikipedia....he_Soviet_Union

#5    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:37 AM

View PostWaspie_Dwarf, on 26 December 2012 - 11:12 PM, said:

As the USA is already building a new spaceship with this sort of capability (the Orion) and the fact that the USA and Russia are now partners I think it is highly unlikely that this will lead to a new space race. Such a race is not needed now anyway. Apollo, great though it was, was about flag waving and one-upmanship first and foremost. Exploration and science were simply fortuitous side effects.

Future exploration is going to be expensive. It makes far more sense for future Lunar or Martian exploration to be carried out in the same way as the ISS, as a result of combining resources in a venture of international cooperation rather than wastefully duplicating efforts in an unnecessary race.

Just a shame the world can't end these petty wars and pull all it's resources together for space exploration. The amount we all spend on military technology etc, imagine it all going into a united space program. I know war has helped push space programs and technology for it, but it would go much further if that was the main priority and not war.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#6    King Fluffs

King Fluffs

The Resident Misanthrope

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

• Shadows protect my angel in white...

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:30 PM

Exciting.

#7    pitchp

pitchp

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 210 posts

• "I go when I want to go. To prolong life would be tasteless"
    Albert Einstein

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:08 PM

Space the final frontier

Posted Image

"The truth is out there. We are all searching for it."
   PitchP

#8    skookum

skookum

Psychic Spy

• 1,277 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

View PostWaspie_Dwarf, on 26 December 2012 - 11:12 PM, said:

I would hope the Russians are just not re-inventing a low space orbit manned craft like NASA's Orion.  Wouldn't be much news if it was.

Posted Image

#9    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 30,944 posts

Oscar Wilde

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:31 PM

View Postskookum, on 27 December 2012 - 06:09 PM, said:

I would hope the Russians are just not re-inventing a low space orbit manned craft like NASA's Orion.  Wouldn't be much news if it was.
I would hope the Russians would know the difference between a spacecraft designed for deep space and one designed for low Earth orbit, something you clearly don't.

If you had been keeping up with things (and this is not exactly new, it's been the policy for several years now and there are many topics on the subject on UM) you would know that the next US spacecraft designed for LEO will be those provided by private industry under the auspices of NASA's Commercial Crew Program. The three designs still be provided with funds for this are SpaceX's Dragon, Sierra Nevada Corporation's Dream Chaser and Boeing's CST-100.

Orion will not be used for missions to LEO or the ISS. In fact it's first manned mission will be to lunar orbit. It is planned that it will take astronauts on a mission to an asteroid and eventually take astronauts to Mars.

One or more of these spacecraft will provide the US with access to LEO and the International Space Station.

Posted Image
Click on button

#10    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 11,662 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:19 PM

Too bad they didn't show an artists representation based on the technical drawings.

#11    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,578 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:53 AM

I can draw one for them ! :whistle:

This is a Work in Progress!

#12    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 30,944 posts

Oscar Wilde

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:38 PM

View PostOverSword, on 27 December 2012 - 11:19 PM, said:

Too bad they didn't show an artists representation based on the technical drawings.

You can see what it looks like here: Anatoly Zak's Russian Space Web

Posted Image
Click on button

#13    Starseed hybrid 1111

Starseed hybrid 1111

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 326 posts

• "Take the Red Matrix pill" be your own authentic self neo

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:15 PM

thats wats up russia!:)that would be great if you guys could send it one year before the give date.anyway we need to start sending more people in outer save and on other planets.not just send robots and etc its not the same are they useful yes but its not like a human though its not alive it cant feel nothing its a machine nothing more.we need to forget about who gets there first and  instead focus on whats important!its not a race.but i'm with you russia and europe the best of luck.

#14    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,151 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:36 AM

Impressive. I wish them well.

#15    SurgeTechnologies

SurgeTechnologies

Psychic Spy

• 1,219 posts

• "Why not take what seems to me the only chance of escaping what is otherwise the sure destruction"

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:50 PM

View PostWaspie_Dwarf, on 28 December 2012 - 08:38 PM, said:

You can see what it looks like here: Anatoly Zak's Russian Space Web

The beauty :o

" Technology has exceeded our humanity. "

Also tagged with moon, iss, roscosmos, energia, manned

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users