Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Who do non-Americans want for US President?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#46    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,875 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:50 PM

View PostRavenHawk, on 05 November 2012 - 03:51 PM, said:

For the benefit of non Americans, the meltdown occurred right after the 110th Congress was seated in 2007 and Senator Dodd became Chairman of the Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs, and Representative Frank became Chairman of the House Financial Services Committee.  Truly a perfect storm for what was coming.  Yes, it occurred on Bush's watch (he didn't cause it), but he was incapable to stop it.  We had what basically amounted to a coup d'etat without firing a shot.  It's interesting to note that Dodd has already retired and Frank will be retiring at the end of the year.
Very good. Bush gets the blame though he had little ability to influence the whole thing.  But poor President Obama is faultless? Liberal hypocracy, IMHO.

I was not expecting him to rectify that mess in four years but at least show that he was capable to turn it around rather than make it worse.  But he never wanted to improve things.  He needed it to remain bad so that he could make fundamental change to the system to make us more like Europe.  Well, Europeans, you are close friends, great allies, a great place to visit but we are not you so don't expect us to be.
That is what I think. Pres Obama has made a lot of noise, and thrown around a lot of money, but has had little actual effect on improving the situation of the Poor and Working Class people of the US. Again... IMHO.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#47    with bells on

with bells on

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,209 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:58 PM

View PostRavenHawk, on 05 November 2012 - 03:06 PM, said:

Being in the Land of Oz, I don’t know if you have access to American TV, but if you’ve seen “The Tonight Show” with Jay Leno?  You’re aware of a segment called “Jaywalking”, where he talks to people on the street and asks them trivia questions or on American History.  Every single one of them are morons or so it appears.  Some people are just naturally, unnatural in front of the camera.  Bush is one of those.  He’s a very simple man that the MSM just tore up because he was not photogenic.  Now Obama, on the other hand is *smooth* in front of that camera.  He knows how to use it.  Have you ever ran into one of those kids that appear to just look through you?  They see you for what you are.  They see beyond your façade.  I was one of those kids and even today I still see through people’s facades.  Obama scares the crap out of me.  His façade is so phony.  It sets off just too many red flags.  But the real morons are the ones that fall for that kind of charisma.

I thought the whole world hated the USA anyway?  And from what I can tell, what has been going on in Libya, I’d say the world hates us even more.  Or at least until the next time a natural disaster strikes.  Then we’re loved at least until aid is delivered.  I don’t want my President to be a celebrity in other countries.  I don’t want America to be liked because of a dog and pony show.  I’d rather have a President viewed as an a-$$ but one that controls respect because he makes the right decisions and not worry about what the Europeans think.  Whether or not Romney will be that President, I don’t know but he would be better than Obama.

we have all your shows.. and on cable we have all your news channels.. i actualy don't like obummer.. was just saying he is popular overseas because of that celebrity energy.. he didn't change anything.. he is bloody sell out.. and that faked Osama killing was the biggest joke of all.. i was watching one of those news channels the other night, and that was mentioned as one of the GREAT things Obama did in his 4 years.. how dumb do they think we are?... anyway thats a diff thread..

i don't think anyone ever thinks of America for helping with aid to natural disasters, cause its something we all give on an international level..  There are many reasons why people don't like Americans around the globe, but i think when you visit the USA you can see they are not like the stereotypes and are actualy realy cool and nice..

Obama is the better option out of the two.. which is very sad..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users