Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Terrorist support surges in Europe

Repoman

All of the major news outlets are reporting on the unprecedented surge in support for terrorism in european nations.

Turn on your TV and you will see reports showing footage of thousands of demonstrators in the UK, France, etc. all protesting the Israel's decision to defend its citizens from the murderous terrorist organization Hamas.

Why are these people so supportive of terrorism?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Repoman

• The Silver Thong

• mambo132

• itsnotoutthere

Although I agree that israel is in the right to defend itself, it is not so simple or fair to title the thread as you have.

I know it's all the rage to throw "Terrorism" around, but one mans terrorism is another mans freedom fighter.

It is just a bit more complicated than that. It's not so simple as you would have it.

They don't support terrorism, most just hate Israel. It's popular to see Israel has the big evil, the cause of all problems in the Middle East, and see the Palestinians as defenseless victims who are being killed for no reason. The whole terrorism bit is conventantly ignored. Plus people these days don't seem to understand that in war people die. It's sad and tragic but it happens. Even though Israel, and other countries, do everything they can to limit civilian deaths it still happens. We haven't reached the level of technology where our weapons just kill the bad guys.

Although I agree that israel is in the right to defend itself, it is not so simple or fair to title the thread as you have.

I know it's all the rage to throw "Terrorism" around, but one mans terrorism is another mans freedom fighter.

It is just a bit more complicated than that. It's not so simple as you would have it.

It seems simple. Hamas is a terror group and they fire rockets into Israel daily.

And I love your Sig. I have been down the rifle sights and I still wanted to kill the enemy.

If all Americans were pacifist there would be no America.

Therefore, pacifists tacitly support the undoing of America (or else they are too damn ignorant to understand that without a military America would not exist).

And if you think it is OK to be a pacifist because you are just one person and your pacifism won't hurt then I am assuming you don't vote either.

Support our ally Israel in its struggle against murdering terrorists.

It seems simple. Hamas is a terror group and they fire rockets into Israel daily.

And I love your Sig. I have been down the rifle sights and I still wanted to kill the enemy.

Therefore, pacifists tacitly support the undoing of America (or else they are too damn ignorant to understand that without a military America would not exist).

And if you think it is OK to be a pacifist because you are just one person and your pacifism won't hurt then I am assuming you don't vote either.

If all Americans were war mongeres there would be no America either as the world would have really had there fill of the States buy now forsure. Israel is only an allie because of religious BS.

If all Americans were war mongeres there would be no America either as the world would have really had there fill of the States buy now forsure. Israel is only an allie because of religious BS.
I just want to make sure I understand where you are coming from. Does your world view fall in line behind Hamas and Hezzbollah in that you do not support israel defending itself against terrorism?

I understand your statements that disparage the brave men and women that have volunteered to fight for America - many people these days do. It has become quite trendy.

But do you really want to live in a world where the USA was always pacifist?

Who do you think would be calling the shots then?

Or do you imagine the entire world (including the terrorists that also want israel to stop defending itself) would all join hands in peace?

REPO!

Havn't seen you around here bud, hows it going?

Anways, my heart goes out to the palestinian PEOPLE (who just can't seem to get a break from the people running their country and the ones runnning their neighbours) AND the Israelis...

However both of their war mongering goverments can SUCK IT.

REPO!

Havn't seen you around here bud, hows it going?

Things going good - work slowed down finally. Good to see your unsettling albino gorilla-tar again :D

Anways, my heart goes out to the palestinian PEOPLE (who just can't seem to get a break from the people running their country and the ones runnning their neighbours) AND the Israelis...
TRUE DAT

However both of their war mongering goverments can SUCK IT.
You can't seriously think both sides are right or both sides are wrong - right? How about the Hamas terrorists SUCK IT. If that were to happen then the war would stop. If Israel SUCKED IT, then Hamas would continue their attacks.

Hamas is in the wrong for forgetting its people and spending their time trying to ignite another war (which they did)..

Isreal can't keep their settlers in line and some of their soldiers under control.. (but what country can? When you have mandatory service youre bound to get a few crazies..)

Edited by InHuman

I spent 8 years in the Army as a 91B10

Edited by Fluffybunny

Hamas is in the wrong for forgetting its people and spending their time trying to ignite another war (which they did)..

Isreal can't keep their settlers in line and some of their soldiers under control..

Absolutely true. And any person living in Israel has the right to bring charges against the offender in court.

I just want to make sure I understand where you are coming from. Does your world view fall in line behind Hamas and Hezzbollah in that you do not support israel defending itself against terrorism?

I understand your statements that disparage the brave men and women that have volunteered to fight for America - many people these days do. It has become quite trendy.

But do you really want to live in a world where the USA was always pacifist?

Who do you think would be calling the shots then?

Or do you imagine the entire world (including the terrorists that also want israel to stop defending itself) would all join hands in peace?

Let me get this right, with out the U.S. involvment in the middle east the west would be under a Muslim rule?

Of course Israel has a right to deffend itself, I never said other wise. My world view is that America likes to stick there nose into everyones business. Hamas is an elected goverment are they not? and know I do not fall in line with them nor Hezzbollah. Were you got that I have no idea...

Disparage the men and women serving, yup a typical right wing pro war answer, comes at no surprise from someone who probably watched a few to many Rambo and Chuck Noriis movies as a kid and believes war is the answer to everything. Trendy to bash the military? When did I do that? yet another typical right wing response from someone who thinks they have all answers from a gun barrel. Anyway I have grown tiered of debating people like you over this kind of crap I think I might have to start calling you Aroces LOL

Combat field medic or an orderly at a cushy base hospital?

Not that its my place to jump in but.

BOTH SAVE LIVES.

Combat field medic or an orderly at a cushy base hospital?

Combat, as Fluffy was a casualty in Desert Storm I do believe.

Combat, as Fluffy was a casualty in Desert Storm I do believe.

Yes. Combat/Field Medic The Ribbons in the sig. are mine as are the pictures. I dont have the signature there as a joke.

Yes. Combat/Field Medic The Ribbons in the sig. are mine as are the pictures. I dont have the signature there as a joke.

AIRBORNE! I only have 13 pieces of salad. I learned how to duck in my 11B OSUT.

So does your sig mean you couldn't pull the trigger or that you guess others couldn't pull the trigger or are citing statistical data that tells most people wouldn't pull the trigger?

I salute your service!

But I still think terrorists should be shot dead and that evil regimes should be shattered into dust.

I guess I am well-conditioned. I entered the army at age 17.

AIRBORNE! I only have 13 pieces of salad. I learned how to duck in my 11B OSUT.

So does your sig mean you couldn't pull the trigger or that you guess others couldn't pull the trigger or are citing statistical data that tells most people wouldn't pull the trigger?

I salute your service!

But I still think terrorists should be shot dead and that evil regimes should be shattered into dust.

I guess I am well-conditioned. I entered the army at age 17.

307th of the 82nd. I joined when I was 17 as well.

I pulled the trigger many many times. I just dislike armchair monday morning generals that talk big and try to tell the world what they would have done. irks me to no end, for the fact that it was actually those kinds of guys that curled up in a small ball when it came time to fish or cut bait.

Not that its my place to jump in but.

BOTH SAVE LIVES.

You had better believe it. Same goes for Cooks, or the Supply guys...only a knucklehead new guy thinks that the grunt, or the tanker or the pilot is the most important person out there...

For every single soldier on the front line, there are two dozen needed to support him directly or indirectly. Without that support that front line soldier would be dead. or starving, or miserable. or broke. Or uninsured...etc...

I learned early on to never belittle the guy that is going to keep by belly fully or bullets in my pocket. they were MY VIP...

307th of the 82nd. I joined when I was 17 as well.

I pulled the trigger many many times. I just dislike armchair monday morning generals that talk big and try to tell the world what they would have done. irks me to no end, for the fact that it was actually those kinds of guys that curled up in a small ball when it came time to fish or cut bait.

Airborne, Doc!

And thus the ultimate goal - and too many Americans are all too eager to help them. :(

And thus the ultimate goal - and too many Americans are all too eager to help them. :(

We can't just throw all Muslims into one catagory and say well thats that problem solved. We have to work with the moderate Muslims and support them in there struggel with the extremists that tarnish them as a whole. Might sound left wing to you but what other option is there.

We can't just throw all Muslims into one catagory and say well thats that problem solved. We have to work with the moderate Muslims and support them in there struggel with the extremists that tarnish them as a whole. Might sound left wing to you but what other option is there.

I'm sure in WW2 there were "moderate" Nazis. But that doesn't mean we should have talked instead of fought.

I'm sure in WW2 there were "moderate" Nazis. But that doesn't mean we should have talked instead of fought.

Mixing apples and oranges again I see. By your post I take it you mean we should wage an all out war with all of Islam. Yeah, that's a brilliant strategy. Kill em all and let God sort em out. Thankfully you're not in charge. When painted into a corner just drop the N word and viola'.... debate is over. :no:

Mixing apples and oranges again I see. By your post I take it you mean we should wage an all out war with all of Islam. Yeah, that's a brilliant strategy. Kill em all and let God sort em out. Thankfully you're not in charge. When painted into a corner just drop the N word and viola'.... debate is over.

In WW2 what would have been YOUR strategy for stopping the Nazis while not hurting "moderate" Nazis?