Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Northern Lights illuminate the UK

Still Waters

The Aurora Borealis - better known as the Northern Lights - has been giving rare and spectacular displays over parts of the UK, from the north of Scotland to as far south as Jersey.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26378027

• Like 2

They look amazing! I was just in Iceland until Wednesday and got to see them there but I'm in Yorkshire and didn't get to see them in the UK at all.

• Like 1

Ha I mentioned this on the community index last night, no-one seemed that bothered to look! I did look - but Im surrounded by a housing estate so cant really see much but rooftops. Had I known before I did, which was on news last night, Id have driven out to some open spoace somewhere, always wanted to see the lights

• Like 1

live in essex, it came but late, since everyone is off tomorrow, we will try to stay up later... fingers crossed

• Like 1

Go, go, go and see them!!! I don't think they have ever been so good where I live as you are having, but I've seen the aurora many times in my lifetime and have seen pictures of your current display on TV news. You are so lucky!!!

• Like 1

I've seen it in the night sky recently, but not as these fantastic curtains of colour though. What I've witnessed are just shades of colour, blue-green on one end, orange the other, red on the other.