Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The woman who texts (coherently) in her sleep

Still Waters

She gives the phrase pillow talk a whole new meaning.

Kandi Gay, a paramedic in the Quad Cities, sends coherent texts while she is sleeping and what's more - doesn't remember them when she wakes up.

She will continue conversations with friends through the texts before putting the phone down and going back to sleep.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BaneSilvermoon

• _Only

• Eldorado

• ripperking

Top Posters In This Topic

wnt 2 slp LOL

That's pathetic.

So is texting :)

I never got that, you have a phone in your hand, talk to the person, have some respect.......Better yet, talk to them in person.

Guess I am old ...............

Someone should take the phones away from these people. ><

Why can't she text at a more appropriate time? Like while driving!

blink.gif

I wonder if she takes a hypnotic to go to sleep, like Ambein. You can do all kinds of things in your "sleep" on those medications. Drive, cook, have sex, etc. And have zero memory of it afterwards.

I'm thinking this is a fake, mostly based upon the name of the supposed texter...

Although I suppose there are a LOT of folks with that last name... http://names.whitepages.com/last/gay

But Kandi?

Also, this interviewed portion just sounds so contrived:

"Her father Wayne Gay revealed his daughter started texting a few years ago.

He said: 'She'll go to sleep and then I'll come in and see her texting, her phone up in the air with her eyes closed - she'll be texting and lay it down, and she won't know what she's doing.'

Really... Texting with one's eyes actually closed. This would require some several excellent grail skills. Especially on an iPhone, where there are no actual buttons...

Finally, and this is icing... Is this young lady here:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/02/09/article-2098877-11A85CE5000005DC-34_468x286.jpg

In your view is she young enough to be this man's daughter:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/02/09/article-2098877-11A85CD8000005DC-611_468x286.jpg

I'm thinking somebody at WQAD missed a deadline on a story with merit, and had to come up with a BS replacement quick for the nightly broadcast...

Really... Texting with one's eyes actually closed. This would require some several excellent grail skills.

Before I bought my Blackberry (which has a qwerty keypad) I could send page long texts in maybe 10-20 seconds, one handed, without looking at the phone on my old Samsung. Playing guitar without looking at the neck is far more complex than sending texts blindly with many phones. How many guitarists do you see who stare at the neck of their guitar as they play?

As far as her age compared to her father, I don't question that very often. When my Great Grandmother was 41, my grandmother, her daughter, was 30.

Edited by BaneSilvermoon

Judging from some posts on Facebook and similar social websites, I imagine that many texts are sent while the sender is asleep.

As far as her age compared to her father, I don't question that very often. When my Great Grandmother was 41, my grandmother, her daughter, was 30.

Your Great Grandmother was pregnant at 10?

Your Great Grandmother was pregnant at 10?

I'm not sure of both their birth dates to know if she was eleven yet, but ten or eleven, yes. My grandmother was the product of sexual assault as I understood it. Though that wasn't spoken of much.