Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

woman charged; driving 3 km with body on hood

glorybebe

TORRANCE, Calif. — Los Angeles County prosecutors have filed murder and drunken driving charges against a substance abuse counsellor who allegedly struck a pedestrian and drove for more than three kilometres with the dying victim on the hood of her car.

http://www.theprovince.com/news/woman+charged+with+murder+hitting+pedestrian+driving+with+body/7616696/story.html#axzz2DSX4Bo74

Nice!! She's a councellor.... :cry:

• Like 1

Probably thought it was a hood ornament. :w00t:

• Like 1

Well...can't counsel if ya don't know watcha talking 'bout :devil:

Tttrrruuueee....But, supposed to prevent these kinds of things happening.

• Like 2

Tttrrruuueee....But, supposed to prevent these kinds of things happening.

She is way too dangerous :angry:

I wonder if she counseled the victim on the hood/bonnet and thats why she drove the 3km down the road. In reality this is tragic.

• Like 1

A substance abuse counselor was found intoxicated and so forth...what is wrong with some of these people.

She'll probably claim she never seen the person nor noticed that anything was on her hood.

makes me wanna hurl intestinal boulders.

• Like 1

I find absolutely nothing funny about this...

This is eerily similar to that freak that hit a homeless guy and then laughed about it from Ft. Worth. 60 years was a light sentence to me...

The poor guy suffered broken legs that were bent over the cab while his head was impaled in the windshield. Apparently, she communicated with him and apologized but never went to get him help but found time to have sex with her lover...

http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2002/4/25/153905.shtml

Society has changed. Now it's all about not being at fault and finding excuses for the behaviour. Pretty sad....

I find absolutely nothing funny about this...

This is eerily similar to that freak that hit a homeless guy and then laughed about it from Ft. Worth. 60 years was a light sentence to me...

The poor guy suffered broken legs that were bent over the cab while his head was impaled in the windshield. Apparently, she communicated with him and apologized but never went to get him help but found time to have sex with her lover...

http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2002/4/25/153905.shtml

Definitely a hate crime. Also came across this site in regards to the case:

www.freewebs.com/chantejmallard/

I'm kinda lost for words over the justification the person who wrote this up is using over her murder charge to be lifted. That she should only be charged with driving under the influence. What's next? Excluding people from mass murders simply because they are under the influence of something?

Wow is all I can say, just wow.

• Like 1

Definitely a hate crime. Also came across this site in regards to the case:

www.freewebs.com/chantejmallard/

I'm kinda lost for words over the justification the person who wrote this up is using over her murder charge to be lifted. That she should only be charged with driving under the influence. What's next? Excluding people from mass murders simply because they are under the influence of something?

Wow is all I can say, just wow.

That's called not taking responsibility for your actions. There is a woman here in BC who was drunk and went into the side of the road killing a little girl who was looking at horses. The driver will not admit responsibility and keeps fighting her sentence. She is thinking all about her and what she lost, not what she took away: a little girl's life, the parents' child, etc. It is sickening that these people cannot look at what they caused and that they took a life. They are murderers, but they still play the 'poor me card'. :no:

• Like 1

That's called not taking responsibility for your actions. There is a woman here in BC who was drunk and went into the side of the road killing a little girl who was looking at horses. The driver will not admit responsibility and keeps fighting her sentence. She is thinking all about her and what she lost, not what she took away: a little girl's life, the parents' child, etc. It is sickening that these people cannot look at what they caused and that they took a life. They are murderers, but they still play the 'poor me card'. :no:

Exactly, they have to remember they made the decision to get in the car while drunk with knowledge they could kill people. Premeditated murder it is. I don't care what you've been through or how much a sob story your life is. It does NOT or ever justify putting lives of innocents at risk or ending them.

What do they expect, a slap on the wrist? They took someone's life by their own hand.

People like this need to take a good, hard look at themselves.

I further can't believe someone is even supporting the person I outlined before after they laughed about killing someone while clearly indicating their colour. Why would you want to support a racist, drink driver who obviously has little regard for human life? A bad person quite simply put.

I really try to emphasise with people and why they act the way they are or do the things they do. But there comes a line, if they cross it, like these people did, they have to take responsibility. Because really if they were in control of themselves and such then these things would never happen (exception of those with mental illnesses). Like people who drink and get violent or drive under true influence should take responsibility and not drink in the first place.

Exactly, they have to remember they made the decision to get in the car while drunk with knowledge they could kill people. Premeditated murder it is. I don't care what you've been through or how much a sob story your life is. It does NOT or ever justify putting lives of innocents at risk or ending them.

What do they expect, a slap on the wrist? They took someone's life by their own hand.

People like this need to take a good, hard look at themselves.

I further can't believe someone is even supporting the person I outlined before after they laughed about killing someone while clearly indicating their colour. Why would you want to support a racist, drink driver who obviously has little regard for human life? A bad person quite simply put.

I really try to emphasise with people and why they act the way they are or do the things they do. But there comes a line, if they cross it, like these people did, they have to take responsibility. Because really if they were in control of themselves and such then these things would never happen (exception of those with mental illnesses). Like people who drink and get violent or drive under true influence should take responsibility and not drink in the first place.

That is something I stress to my daughter. Too bad more parents hadn't taught their children that there are always repercussions.

The sad part of this is a person is now dead and she will probably get of with a temporary insanity plea and just get a slap on the wrist. :td:

The sad part of this is a person is now dead and she will probably get of with a temporary insanity plea and just get a slap on the wrist. :td:

Yup, human life means nothing nowadays.