Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

US calls for Piers Morgan deportation

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#31    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:31 PM

I think I should have the right to have a weapon (a firearm; a pistol or a rifle, even a shotgun), to protect myself, I don't think I should have the right to be my own personal military.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#32    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:32 PM

View PostWalter White, on 28 December 2012 - 01:30 PM, said:

Not even that, the constitution tells the government what it can or can't do.  I don't think the US can revoke a non-citizen's right to freedom of speech as dictated by the 1st amendment, but I think it can restrict the 1st to the point that it becomes virtually non-existant.  Don't hold me to that though.

I can sympathise with his views but to be honest I'm not a fan of Piers Morgan, he's tabloid journalism at it's worst.  I get the feeling he got the CNN gig more on account of him being on America's Got Talent than his reputation as a journalist.

If the US wants to deport him I wouldn't oppose it, just so long as he isn't sent back to Britain.
Good point.
http://en.wikipedia....eech_exceptions

Posted Image

~MEH~

#33    Walter White

Walter White

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 139 posts
  • Location:United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

• "He will regret it but once, and that will be continuously." - J.E.B. Stuart

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:40 PM

Just thought of something.

No wonder Morgan hates guns, his football team is Arsenal FC (nicknamed The Gunners); they've been absolutely rubbish so far this season.

"I can anticipate no greater calamity for the country than the dissolution of the Union.  It would be an accumulation of all the evils we complain of, and I am willing to sacrifice everything but honor for it's preservation." - General Robert E. Lee

"I think I understand what military fame is; to be killed on the field of battle and have your name misspelled in the newspapers." - Major General William Tecumseh Sherman

#34    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,601 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:08 PM

I won't sign it.  It violates the spirit of the law, whether or not the letter.   I will not search for any legal exceptions to someone's liberty (even involving him being a douche on TV) so that someone else can find another exception later.  Legislate around the citizen enough and it will require too much legal wrangling and legal (re)definitions of the idea of what it takes and what it means to be a citizen, and we may wind up under a rule of law that holds "the citizen" higher than the human being.   If we truly respect natural rights, and understand that Constitutional rights are merely legal rights explicitly recognizing and protecting those natural rights, then we won't foolishly deny someone else their natural rights as soon as someone else finds a legal basis to do so.   Morgan's right to free speech isn't endowed upon him by government; he was born endowed.

And in related news:
New petition urges US to keep Piers Morgan 'because UK doesn't want him'

http://www.guardian....piers-morgan-uk

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#35    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,879 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:17 PM

i signed, not cuz of his gun talks, i just don't like that f..ck for other reasons.

1st amendment for ppl whose opinion does not matter, non important joe shmos.
once you are famous, and especially tv host, you better whatch what you say. you can be sued for your trash talk, or worst, deported.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#36    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:56 PM

View Postaztek, on 28 December 2012 - 02:17 PM, said:

i signed, not cuz of his gun talks, i just don't like that f..ck for other reasons.

1st amendment for ppl whose opinion does not matter, non important joe shmos.
once you are famous, and especially tv host, you better whatch what you say. you can be sued for your trash talk, or worst, deported.

So you basically signed a petition,because you don't like him,how noble of you.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#37    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,854 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:21 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 28 December 2012 - 10:18 AM, said:

He isnt a citizan. He isnt protected by the first amendment.

Isn't the first amendment covered in the bill of rights which you quite adamantly pointed out are given to you by god? Are you saying god only gave those rights to Americans?

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#38    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,879 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:22 PM

View Postshaddow134, on 28 December 2012 - 02:56 PM, said:

So you basically signed a petition,because you don't like him,how noble of you.
yes that is exactly what happened.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#39    praetorian-legio XIII

praetorian-legio XIII

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts

• Beer; Now there's a temporary solution.

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:53 PM

Once again americans don't realize the power they have. If you want to get rid of Piers, quit watching his show. And quit buying the junk the companies who sponsor his show advertise. It won't take CNN long to realize the "ratings" are down, their advertisers are jumping ship and Poof! he's gone.

Its not the governments problem, its ours, so change the channel.

#40    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,410 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

View Postpraetorian-legio XIII, on 28 December 2012 - 03:53 PM, said:

Once again americans don't realize the power they have. If you want to get rid of Piers, quit watching his show. And quit buying the junk the companies who sponsor his show advertise. It won't take CNN long to realize the "ratings" are down, their advertisers are jumping ship and Poof! he's gone.

Its not the governments problem, its ours, so change the channel.

Where, given the ratings, if there were another petition to stop him from being extradited it would probably have more signatures.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#41    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:58 PM

I think people just cannot stand him and saw this as a good excuse to have him booted out.. I don't like him that much, ( actually I think he is a  numpty ) but I never hold hate in me that badly, not enough to want someone kicked out..I believe in free speech and the rights to your opinion.. I thought the USA pride themselves on those rights??  I guess for some, I was wrong

Out of all those who signed it, how many were upstanding great loving, feel everyone has a right to an opinion, ever so  kind citizens?

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 28 December 2012 - 07:04 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#42    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,976 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:58 PM

let's deport everyone we don't like.   let's see...  Alan Greenspan?

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#43    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,879 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:02 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 28 December 2012 - 06:58 PM, said:

Out of all those who signed it, how many were upstanding great loving, feel everyone has a right to an opinion, ever so  kind citizens?
good question, pbly not many, i sure am not. but the guy is a d. bag.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#44    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,410 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:05 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 28 December 2012 - 06:58 PM, said:

I think people just cannot stand him and saw this as a good excuse to have him booted out.. I don't like him that much, but I never hold hate in me that badly, not enough to want someone kicked out..I believe in free speech and the rights to your opinion..  I thought the USA pride themselves on those rights??  I guess for some, I was wrong

Well, you see, you have all the right to praise the US of A... but if you point out the dark corners you are considered "unamerican"... most wish they could deport them all to Guyana.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#45    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:05 PM

View Postaztek, on 28 December 2012 - 07:02 PM, said:

good question, pbly not many, i sure am not. but the guy is a d. bag.

He is a bit of a plonker, but would you agree with what he said in ref to guns ?  Was he right? or wrong?

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users