Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Atlantis Discussion Thread

The Puzzler

Atlantis is such an enigma I would like to have a thread just for it and the discussion of it's whereabouts. I'm not placing it anywhere in this thread, rather, I'd like to leave it open for us to evaluate each others ideas and make conclusions from information given by others.

The ties could be to Troy, Crete, America, Albania, Italy, Africa, no where........I've put forth alot of my own theories here on UM, my favourite at the moment is that the Etruscans were involved in the Trojan War rather than them having adapted a Greek tale and that the Trojan War is also the war Plato speaks of.

THOT had a good link about Atlantis being in Albania, which I hope he reposts or ShemTov's Prince Eugene post of it being in the Banat. Is Troy also Atlantis, is it all real, myth a combo? Does any of it make sense or fit historical events?

atlantis was a fictious account with extra garam masala/spice about santorini/therea. hehehe and may i add - period.

Edited by Da Verminator

atlantis was a fictious account with extra garam masala/spice about santorini/therea. hehehe and may i add - period.

Cool, thanks for that contribution Da Verm.

Here's mine: It's a bit late for me to do too much typing now but here's 2 links that can correspond some info to my idea of an Etruscan presence in all this.

Summary: Parts of the lower town of Mycenaean Tiryns, Greece, became devastated and buried 3-5 meters deep during a torrential flood which coincided with a major earthquake at the transition from Late Helladic IIIB2 to Late Helladic IIIC1 (c. 1200 BC). These catastrophes contributed locally to the rapid demise of the Mycenaean civilization which commenced at this chronological boundary. Such a collapse of an early Greek civilization accompanied by a simultaneous earthquake and flood is described by Plato (Timaeus 25D) in the legendary Atlantis account. Plato's report revolves around a war between an ancient Greek civilization and a mighty force abroad, called Atlantis. If the former coincides with Mycenaean Greece, the most obvious candidate for the latter must be Troy. Hence, the thus far inexplicable story of Atlantis might well represent an Egyptian recollection of Troy and the Trojan War, distorted by transmission and translation.

http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/doi/abs/1...ournalCode=ojoa

Plato's texts states that the atlanteans threatened Egypt and Greece, but that Greece

gave them a crushing defeat. During the reigns of the pharaohs Ramses II and Merenptah,

a huge coalition of sea peoples and libyans attacked Egypt, and this occurred at the same

time as the trojan war. Furthermore, proto-etruscan people of ionia in western anatolia, called

the shardana or sherden, had established a base of naval power in sardinia, from which they

dominated the western mediterranean. The shardana and other west anatolian people that

constituted part of the 'sea peoples' that attacked Egypt were also allies of the trojans.

Therefore, the victory of Greece over Troas/Ilios and it's allies must have substantially

weakened the sea peoples based in west anatolia, including the shardana. Not only did

the trojan war occur during the kingdom of Egypt, but it also occurred shortly before

the rule of Theseus in Athens.

Furthermore, the description of sardinia matches that of the description of Atlantis,

being generally mountainous (even on the coast) with beautiful mountains, and having

an oblong fertile plain in the south, the campidano plain, which meets the sea in the west

and the south, both in inset areas that are natural harbors, namely the gulf of oristano in

the west and the gulf of cagliari in the south. The island of Atlantis was said to be sacred

to the god Neptune, and the god Neptune does exist in the etruscan pantheon, because

the etruscan pantheon largely corresponds to the greek and roman pantheons. The

etruscan equivalent of Neptune was originally the god of water wells.

Even the city of Atlantis, which is one of the less-plausible parts of the tale, corresponds

to archeological facts. Overlooking the fertile southern plain from an inland mountain is an

ancient ruin, built in the 1400s BCE, which is currently called 'Su Nuraxi'. Su Nuraxi

consists of a large central citadel, which is surrounded by a wall with towers on it's corners,

and outside the wall are the stone foundations of lesser structures. On the outside border of

the site is a circular strip of depressed, comparatively fertile land, indicating the previous

presence of a circular moat. Su Nuraxi also has prominent water wells, which may have

been associated with the etruscan god of water wells, the equivalent of Neptune.

http://www.cotse.net/users/t3nj/arc.html

Edited by weareallsuckers

following up to the Atlantis=Santorini/Thera, here are some links to the theory

Could Santorini be the fabled Atlantis??

The Circular Trenches

[edit]

Mansions and hotels on the steep cliffsIt is easy to see why this location was added to the list of possible locations for the fabled city of Atlantis. As with most myths, connections to real places are usually dubious and many scientists often are skeptical. However some archaeological, seismological, and vulcanological evidence [12] [13] [14] (popularized on The History Channel show Lost Worlds episode "Atlantis" [15]) regarding Crete, Santorini, and the description of Atlantis from Plato has been presented linking the Atlantis myth to Santorini:

Plato's description of a palace where water was plentiful, collected from the surrounding hills, is a good match with the digs at Knossos and Akrotiri. Plato also describes the palace of Atlantis as a multi-level acropolis sitting on a great, flattened, terraced hilltop. Again, this matches the palace at Knossos.

In addition, the large foundation blocks of the palace walls were constructed of a crystalline stone called gypsum, quarried locally and cut into blocks with bronze saws. In Plato's Atlantis description, the external walls of the palace were said to "shine like silver," which is how a gypsum wall could have appeared as it glistened in the sun.

Construction of the structure was advanced for its time period. The ancient engineers were able to control the path of air and light through the depths of the palace quarters using "pier and door partitioning", spiral staircase "light wells", and other features. Since violent quakes were common in the area, the palace engineers devised an anti-seismic technique, the buttressing of the un-mortared walls with wooden frames and internal beams — another novelty for the age in which it was constructed.

Santorini is the site of a massive caldera with an island at its center. Vulcanologists have determined this ill-fated island was engulfed by the terrible ca. 1500 BC eruption and collapse of the Stroggilí volcano there, which affected the entire eastern Mediterranean, as far away as the Near East—possibly the most powerful eruption in recorded history, ejecting approximately 30 km³ (7 cu miles) of magma, up to 36 km (23 miles) high. Volcanic events of this magnitude are known to generate tsunamis. The eruption also is theorized by some to explain most of the seemingly miraculous Biblical events of Exodus (a controversial idea made popular by another 2006 History Channel documentary, "The Exodus Decoded" (see above for further detail).

The only gold object found at the excavation of Akrotiri, a small sculpture of an ibex that was hidden under a floor; a thorough evacuation in advance of the catastrophe must have occurred since few artefacts and no corpses were buried in the ashIn 1966 at Akrotiri, archeologist James Maber Jr., uncovered an ancient city at the island's perimeter. The town remained substantially intact, similar to Pompeii, covered in ash. In fact, the entire island of Santorini was covered by volcanic deposits that fell during a single eruption. This layer of pumice and debris is over 100 feet deep. Underneath it, archaeologists uncovered more homes with sophisticated plumbing and advanced engineering similar to those of Knossos. That only a single gold object was found, hidden in flooring, and a lack of human remains from the event indicate that an orderly evacuation was performed before the eruption.

The island-city of Atlantis was described as being laid out in a series of concentric circles of land and water, each one connected to the sea by a deep canal[citation needed]. Docks for a huge number of ships, and a causeway for unloading cargo of said ships, also was described. Unearthed frescos from the island have depicted Santorini with a configuration that can be interpreted in this way[citation needed]. It also shows a huge city on the island, theorized by archaeologists to represent the center of the caldera[citation needed].

At Akrotiri there are multi-story buildings. This city may have had the earliest form of town planning (structured assembly of interconnecting roads and paths) ever discovered, again, with fresh running water and toilets in each house leading to a sewer system. Many such sites now have been unearthed, both on Crete and Santorini.

Plato described quarries on the island of Atlantis where "rocks of white, black, and red" were extracted from the hills and used to construct a great island city. The description matches the rocks found on Santorini.

The final clue is Plato's reference to Egypt as the source of the Atlantis myth, via Solon. The Egyptians called Atlantis Kepchu, [16] which also happens to be their name for the people of Crete. It is speculated that survivors of the Minoan volcanic disaster asked Egypt for help, [17] since they were the only other civilization with high culture at the time.

Source

linked-image

Here is another link to a website which reviews all possible theories, but doesnt give any answer, it let s the readers decide for themselves

Atlantis-A Review

Here is another link to a website which reviews all possible theories, but doesnt give any answer, it let s the readers decide for themselves

Atlantis-A Review

Sorry for my delay in responding.

The comparisons to Santorini are similar in some ways but I do think that the Cretan culture could be part of the Atlantis story. One gold item was found hidden and no human remains there so if it was Atlantis and it sunk did the Atlanteans escape before destruction, not being sunk with the island? Archaeological evidence suggests they did evacuate leaving no one to sink with the island. The Atlanteans would be the Santorini evacuees who went where?

It all sounds good but it seems many things are distorted in these kinds of comparisons such as this one: The website Could Santorini be the fabled Atlantis?? says:

In addition, the large foundation blocks of the palace walls were constructed of a crystalline stone called gypsum, quarried locally and cut into blocks with bronze saws. In Plato's Atlantis description, the external walls of the palace were said to "shine like silver," which is how a gypsum wall could have appeared as it glistened in the sun.

When Plato really writes this:

The entire circuit of the wall, which went round the outermost zone, they covered with a coating of brass, and the circuit of the next wall they coated with tin, and the third, which encompassed the citadel, flashed with the red light of orichalcum.

It didn't shine like silver.........

Bull sacrifice: http://www.allmalta.com/folklore/past01.html

Earlier excavations had discovered a bull painted on a stone wall in the underground Hypogeum temple but unfortunately, the painting was lost after the site was opened in 1902. Bull images have also been found on excavated pottery and charred bones found near sacrificial altars in other Maltese temples.

In Critias Plato is describing Poseidon's temple, he is not describing a palace. The bull sacrifice and laws are held in the temple. The similarities then appear in Etruscans.

and this:

"British archaeologist, Dr. David Trump points out that the assumption that Malta was geographically isolated during the Neolithic era may not in fact be true. It is possible that the "people of the temples" may be related to those who built Stonehenge, the ancestors of the Minoans of Crete, and the advanced society that inspired stories of Atlantis.

The Maltese temples are the oldest known freestanding buildings in the world, a thousand years older than the tombs of Egypt. Recent underwater finds are leading some archaeologists and historians to speculate whether or not the Maltese Temple Culture could be linked to the lost continent of Atlantis. Reported "giant stone" underwater constructions in Malta’s Grand Harbour were unfortunately destroyed during bombing of the harbour during the Second World War. Submarine surveys are currently being undertaken with cooperation of the Italian Navy. There is another site in Malta where known temple ruins were lost to the sea from natural erosion of the limestone cliff face. Another tantalizing clue to the early history of Malta."

I think the Santorini/Thera connection is pretty interesting. A lot of parallels. I heard once that there were Egyptian sailors on their way to Thera. Three days out, they heard an earthshaking noise and saw a bright light in the sky. When they got to Thera, all they found was a huge hole in the sea, and water pouring into the hole. We now know that Thera was a volcano that blew itself to pieces. Granted, most of the first day's water probably turned to steam, but I understand the crater was a mile across. Still: can you imagine a hole so big that the sea poured into for three days? That was the story anyway. The Egyptian sailors thought it sank into the sea.

Still, it's only one possibility, however, it does meet the requirement of technologically advanced: they had paved streets, indoor toilets and hot-and-cold RUNNING water. Pretty impressive.

i would like to add this place to "all"

google

thank you.

Thanks shemTov, it is a very interesting theory, more of Troy from what I can read about the area. I found a good link here explaining the similarities in Homers Ulysses journey and I am going to also add it into my Troy thread.

http://fredfred.net/skriker/index.php/ques...r-the-lost-sea/

Tied into Atlantis, possibly....

Maybe the inhabitants of Atlantis were the people of Troy and the sinking of Atlantis and the Trojan War are one and the same, the earthquakes and sinking into the sea (Poseidon) and the end of the Trojans by a wooden horse (Poseidon, based on his horse God status) seem to follow a similar story. Poseidon also built the walls of both. This also can eradicate the need for an actual sinking of an island. The complete eradication of the people is apparent in both. I believe the end of Troy is attributed directly to Paris' decision to choose Helen, it's Paris' judgement.

There seems to be a wealth of Atlantean threads here at the moment, and forgive me for not reading them all, but I would like to ask if anyone has ever encountered the theory that Atlantis lies buried under the ice of Antarctica?

I read a fictional novel based on this theory, which proposed a grand cataclysm which shifted the ice poles and sank the continent beneath the waves. It was a gripping read, but I doubt very much that it was grounded in reality. At any rate, I myself highly doubt that the lost continent of Atlantis lies underneath Antarctica, but the possibility is tantalising and it makes for some great fiction. :)

There seems to be a wealth of Atlantean threads here at the moment, and forgive me for not reading them all, but I would like to ask if anyone has ever encountered the theory that Atlantis lies buried under the ice of Antarctica?

I read a fictional novel based on this theory, which proposed a grand cataclysm which shifted the ice poles and sank the continent beneath the waves. It was a gripping read, but I doubt very much that it was grounded in reality. At any rate, I myself highly doubt that the lost continent of Atlantis lies underneath Antarctica, but the possibility is tantalising and it makes for some great fiction. :)

Hi, I was just reading this actually:

Geologists around the world agree that the ice in Alaska and most other polar lands in the north were tropical thousands of years ago. Many plants, fish and animals native to subtropical climates have been found frozen beneath the Arctic glaciers. Coral and palm trees are frozen in Alaska. Frozen animals were found devouring tropical vegetation, found crushed in herds in the positions of running from some cataclysmic disaster that occurred INSTANTLY. Scientists now have proof that the North Pole has shifted its position several times by many thousands of miles! What was once tropical is now ice cap! What was once glaciers is now the tropics! Here in 1990, EXPERTS AGREE that this reversal will occur WITHIN THE NEXT FIFTY (50) YEARS OR LESS!

If our cities were buried by ice thousands of feet thick weighing billions of tons, our scientists agree that it would grind them to dust beyond recognition, accompanied by thousands of years of rust and rot...to dust. Is that what happened to the THULE civilization spoken of by so many ancients?

Many famous writers, like Diodorus Pliny, and Virgil wrote about THULE, a land the Greeks knew existed before their time. They described Thule in the, North Atlantic as warm and green surrounded by high mountains, known for breathtakingly beautiful women. The race reportedly was blonde with blue eyes, the men were exceptionally handsome, although some writers spoke of a violet skinned race with golden hair, that ruled these people (that could have genetically died out and became extinct with the dinosaurs.) The ancients agreed that the

HYPERBOREAN RACE was tall and in excellent physical condition, and some told of how they conquered the aging process and looked youthful in old age. They were reportedly vegetarians and fruitarians who lived in harmony with nature. Although several ancient writers firmly believed in Thule, historians of the Middle Ages, who had no evidence that the north was once warm and therefore inhabited, naturally censored it out of the history books we inherited! Today's science KNOWS that the far north was once tropical!

The South Polar continent of Antarctica was also once ice free, and that fact is clearly shown on the ancient Piri-ries Map seen displayed on television documentaries, which show mountain ranges not discovered until the 1940's! That map could ONLY have been made BEFORE the ice cap! Even the Eskimos speak of the warm lands in the north that was the cradle of civilization as they knew it.

A German archaeologist, Jurgen Spanuth, wrote that he went to Egypt, where he deciphered some hieroglyphics telling of a Lost Empire in the North. In 1953, Jurgen found ruins of an ancient city of unknowns on the bottom of the North Sea, and he produced photographic evidence!

During the 1920-30's, German researchers who were exploring ancient Nordic writings became believers in the lost continent of Thule, and the race of Super men who had existed then during a glorious Golden Age. They were convinced that the Supermen were genetically and culturally the most advanced race in world history, and convinced professors and historians believed that the Hyperboreans had telepathic and cosmic powers, had been destroyed by ice, and that humanity had degenerated.

http://www.think-aboutit.com/atlantis/hist...golden_ages.htm

To add to the quote from Da Verminator earlier.

Santorini

New archaeological discoveries by a team of international scientists, in 2006, have revealed that the Santorini event was much more massive than previously thought; it expelled 61 km³ of magma and rock into Earth's atmosphere, compared to previous estimates of only 39 cubic kilometres in 1991.

Up from the 30 cubic km originally believed to have been expelled.

It should also be noticed that the destruction of Santorini would have a "same day effect" on the area around Athens which agrees with Plato. Also from the size Plato gives, 3000 stadia X 2000 stadia, there is no geological evidence of an island/continent outside the Straits of Gibraltar that size. Interesting enough, that size is about the same size as the Southern Aegean before it drops off into the deeper Mediterranean.

cormac

Hi, I was just reading this actually:

Geologists around the world agree that the ice in Alaska and most other polar lands in the north were tropical thousands of years ago. Many plants, fish and animals native to subtropical climates have been found frozen beneath the Arctic glaciers. Coral and palm trees are frozen in Alaska. Frozen animals were found devouring tropical vegetation, found crushed in herds in the positions of running from some cataclysmic disaster that occurred INSTANTLY. Scientists now have proof that the North Pole has shifted its position several times by many thousands of miles! What was once tropical is now ice cap! What was once glaciers is now the tropics! Here in 1990, EXPERTS AGREE that this reversal will occur WITHIN THE NEXT FIFTY (50) YEARS OR LESS!

Waas,

You're going off the deep end again.

The bolded portions above (among others from your post that I simply refuse to quote) are pure, unabashed fabrications.

The part about the shifting of the North Pole is true only of the geomagnetic pole, and not the geographic pole.

I know it's fun to speculate, but there's no need to even momentarily entertain an idea that, on the face of it, cannot possibly be true.

Harte

There seems to be more to the Antarctic than meets the eye.......I was looking for a site about a

structure found under the ice....that I'd used in a thread a few months ago. Couldn't find the actual

one that I was looking for....but.....these are interesting to say the least.

ANTARCTIC TIME WARP DISCOVERY

The time anomaly is not the only unexplained discovery in the Antarctic. In April 2001, a spy satellite image apparently located a man made structure under two miles of ice there.

and along the same lines....

ANOMALY DISCOVERED BENEATH ICE IN ANTARCTIC

"If it's something the U.S. military has constructed down there, then

they're violating the international Antarctic Treaty," said an aide

to Nicole Fontaine, the European Parliament's French president who in

the past has accused the U.S. of spying on European citizens. "If

not, then it's something that's at least 12,000 years old, which is

how long ice has covered Antarctica. That would make it the oldest

man-made structure on the planet. The Pentagon should heed the calls

of Congress and release whatever it's hiding."

So.....is the what-ever-it-is very very old.....or modern and very, very secret...?? :wacko:

Rand and Rose Flem-Ath co-uthored a book called When The Sky Fell: In Search of Atlantis and rand Felm-Ath as co-authored a book with Colin Wilson called The Atlantis Blueprint.

The Flem-Aths theory is what brought the Antarctica to the forefront for a while as a location for Atlantis.

Atlantis is such an enigma I would like to have a thread just for it and the discussion of it's whereabouts. I'm not placing it anywhere in this thread, rather, I'd like to leave it open for us to evaluate each others ideas and make conclusions from information given by others.

The ties could be to Troy, Crete, America, Albania, Italy, Africa, no where........I've put forth alot of my own theories here on UM, my favourite at the moment is that the Etruscans were involved in the Trojan War rather than them having adapted a Greek tale and that the Trojan War is also the war Plato speaks of.

THOT had a good link about Atlantis being in Albania, which I hope he reposts or ShemTov's Prince Eugene post of it being in the Banat. Is Troy also Atlantis, is it all real, myth a combo? Does any of it make sense or fit historical events?

ALANTIS WAS OFF THE COAST OF ALBANIA [ALBION] OR ALPANACH [sCOTLAND] IN THE HEBRIDES.........THE ISLE OF MULL WAS THE HEADQUARTERS OF THE FOMORIAN SEA KINGS.......THEIR BURIAL GROUND WAS ON IONA [HY IN HEBREW, WHICH MEANS LIFE]. THE GREATEST OF THE SEA KINGS WAS KNOWN AS PENDRAGON WHOM COULD TRACE HIS LINE BACK TO THE FIRST FISHER KINGS [ALANTIS]. AMONG THESE WERE ISA [JESUS] WHOM ALSO WAS A PENDRAGON [FISHER KING]. MACBETH WAS THE LAST TRUE KING OF ALANTIS, THE NORSE MEN CALLED HIM THORFINN THE MIGHTY OR KING ALPIN OF THE GAELS..........THE ROYAL FAMILY UNTO THIS POINT WERE THE TRUE KINGS OF ISRAEL [i.E...ISA THE KING OF EL] OR ALANTIS TO THE MODERN TONGUE.........EL THE MIGHTY IS THE GOD OF ALANTIS [ELS LAND].........TOLKIEN IN HIS LORD OF THE RINGS BASED HIS STORY ON THE FOLLOWERS OF EL THE MIGHTY.......JESUS [iSA] WAS THE WAY, THE TRUTH, AND THE LIFE.........I.E THE WAY OF WAYS [THE FIRTH OF CLYDE IN SCOTLAND] , THE TRUTH [THE TRUE KING BEYOND THE FIRTH OF CLYDE], AND THE LIFE [ THE PLACE OF WORSHIP, REST AND EVERLASTING LIFE BEING HY THE OLD NAME FOR IONA]. HE WAS CRUCIFIED JUST SOUTH OF EDINBURGH [JERUSALEM] UNDER THE ORDERS OF PONTIUS PILATE [FORTIGALL WAS PONTIUS PILATES BIRTH PLACE]. LONDON IN OLD TIMES WAS KNOWN AS BABYLON, SO MAKE NO MISTAKE TO THE CONSPIRACY INVOLVING THE FISHER KINGS ANCESTRAL RIGHTS TO THE KINGSHIP OF ANCIENT ALBION........THE BOOK OF REVELATIONS JUST SCRATCHS THE SERFACE OF THE TRUE REVELATIONS OF THE SIOL ALPIN...............REMEMBER THAT CONSTANTINE THE GREAT WAS BASED IN YORK AND NOT THE MIDDLE EAST..........HIS LEGACY STARTED WITH THE FISHER KINGS OF THE HEBRIDES [LIFE OF BRIDES].......ANYWAY ITS A LONG WAY FROM GREECE........THE FOMORIANS ARE THE TRUE ANCIENT MEN OF THE WEST AND ALL ITS POWER............THE SIOL ALPIN TRAVELLED FAR IN HISTORY FROM GENERAL GRANT IN AMERICA TO LACHLAN MACQUARRIE IN AUSTRALIA, EVEN THE QUEEN THINKS SHES THE BLOOD OF KING ALPIN [MACBETH]...............HA! HA! HA!.............................................PENDRAGON=HEAD DRAGON..........................................................................

P.S......GAELIC.....FOMORIAN = FIR MORAY = MEN OF MORAY = MEN OF THE GREAT KING.....................................

Edited by EUGENE MCKINNON
  • Haha 1

Nothing exists beneath the Antarctic ice sheets, nor can anything exist there.

These sheets flow like glaciers, destroying any surface beneath them.

If Atlantis was ever there, you're wasting your time trying to eyeball it today on satellite pics.

Harte

If Atlantis was ever there, you're wasting your time trying to eyeball it today on satellite pics.

Harte

To add to that, there is the following from wiki:

Antarctica

Since about 15 mya, the continent has been mostly covered with ice,[25] with the Antarctic ice cap reaching its present extension around 6 mya.

So for Atlantis to exist to any significant degree in Antarctica, it would have to have been more than 6 million years ago, minimum. Humans weren't around then.

cormac

I think you're up a gum tree without a paddle... :D on this one....as there does seem

to be 'something' there....

Re modern times...I've heard about some deep drilling, for telescopes or something,

to be sited fairly recently....but I've got 'Google-fatigue' at the moment so I haven't got a link.

Well....if Nibiru doesn't get us first...the ice might melt and we can go there ourselves (flood permitting )

and take some pictures ourselves....

Imagine the holiday snaps.....'yes, there's me looking at the lovely big stargate' .....'there's Uncle Jim with

one of those Anunnaki chaps....he materialised 'specially for the photo...' .......'There's little Olivia and Jack

just coming out of the plasma vortex....they love going to the moon-base...' :P

"If it's something the U.S. military has constructed down there, then

they're violating the international Antarctic Treaty," said an aide

to Nicole Fontaine, the European Parliament's French president who in

the past has accused the U.S. of spying on European citizens. "If

not, then it's something that's at least 12,000 years old, which is

how long ice has covered Antarctica. That would make it the oldest

man-made structure on the planet. The Pentagon should heed the calls

of Congress and release whatever it's hiding."

Antarctica

Since about 15 mya, the continent has been mostly covered with ice,[25] with the Antarctic ice cap reaching its present extension around 6 mya.

So for Atlantis to exist to any significant degree in Antarctica, it would have to have been more than 6 million years ago, minimum. Humans weren't around then.

cormac

So - was the ice there for millions of years, or thousands?

So - was the ice there for millions of years, or thousands?

Hi Qoais,

The ice has been there for a minimum of @ 6 MILLION years. Don't know where your source got their information but wonder what they think was there during the last few Ice Ages. My guess, ICE!

cormac

ALANTIS WAS OFF THE COAST OF ALBANIA [ALBION] OR ALPANACH [sCOTLAND] IN THE HEBRIDES.........THE ISLE OF MULL WAS THE HEADQUARTERS OF THE FOMORIAN SEA KINGS.......THEIR BURIAL GROUND WAS ON IONA [HY IN HEBREW, WHICH MEANS LIFE]. THE GREATEST OF THE SEA KINGS WAS KNOWN AS PENDRAGON WHOM COULD TRACE HIS LINE BACK TO THE FIRST FISHER KINGS [ALANTIS]. AMONG THESE WERE ISA [JESUS] WHOM ALSO WAS A PENDRAGON [FISHER KING]. MACBETH WAS THE LAST TRUE KING OF ALANTIS, THE NORSE MEN CALLED HIM THORFINN THE MIGHTY OR KING ALPIN OF THE GAELS..........THE ROYAL FAMILY UNTO THIS POINT WERE THE TRUE KINGS OF ISRAEL [i.E...ISA THE KING OF EL] OR ALANTIS TO THE MODERN TONGUE.........EL THE MIGHTY IS THE GOD OF ALANTIS [ELS LAND].........TOLKIEN IN HIS LORD OF THE RINGS BASED HIS STORY ON THE FOLLOWERS OF EL THE MIGHTY.......JESUS [iSA] WAS THE WAY, THE TRUTH, AND THE LIFE.........I.E THE WAY OF WAYS [THE FIRTH OF CLYDE IN SCOTLAND] , THE TRUTH [THE TRUE KING BEYOND THE FIRTH OF CLYDE], AND THE LIFE [ THE PLACE OF WORSHIP, REST AND EVERLASTING LIFE BEING HY THE OLD NAME FOR IONA]. HE WAS CRUCIFIED JUST SOUTH OF EDINBURGH [JERUSALEM] UNDER THE ORDERS OF PONTIUS PILATE [FORTIGALL WAS PONTIUS PILATES BIRTH PLACE]. LONDON IN OLD TIMES WAS KNOWN AS BABYLON, SO MAKE NO MISTAKE TO THE CONSPIRACY INVOLVING THE FISHER KINGS ANCESTRAL RIGHTS TO THE KINGSHIP OF ANCIENT ALBION........THE BOOK OF REVELATIONS JUST SCRATCHS THE SERFACE OF THE TRUE REVELATIONS OF THE SIOL ALPIN...............REMEMBER THAT CONSTANTINE THE GREAT WAS BASED IN YORK AND NOT THE MIDDLE EAST..........HIS LEGACY STARTED WITH THE FISHER KINGS OF THE HEBRIDES [LIFE OF BRIDES].......ANYWAY ITS A LONG WAY FROM GREECE........THE FOMORIANS ARE THE TRUE ANCIENT MEN OF THE WEST AND ALL ITS POWER............THE SIOL ALPIN TRAVELLED FAR IN HISTORY FROM GENERAL GRANT IN AMERICA TO LACHLAN MACQUARRIE IN AUSTRALIA, EVEN THE QUEEN THINKS SHES THE BLOOD OF KING ALPIN [MACBETH]...............HA! HA! HA!.............................................PENDRAGON=HEAD DRAGON..........................................................................

P.S......GAELIC.....FOMORIAN = FIR MORAY = MEN OF MORAY = MEN OF THE GREAT KING.....................................

Hi Eugene, thanks for that, it certainly is an interesting theory!

In a different post of mine Is Troy Troy I linked to a site called Troy in England which did raise some great points about places being in Great Britain.