Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Purpose of human existence

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16    Pretty Obscure

Pretty Obscure

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 40 posts

• I'm Pretty Obscure, you've probably never heard of me.

Posted 17 March 2011 - 02:23 AM

View PostFlyingAngel, on 16 March 2011 - 11:58 AM, said:

Life without purpose is like an useless object, a robot.
Even a small plant has a purpose is to filter the air for us.
The first purpose is to bring joy to your family.
Second is to take care of your parents (when they get old).
Third would be contribution to the society.

Beside that, if you think you don't have any purpose but a waste of resource and energy, or bring destruction, then there is no point in continue to live.

Plants don't filter air for us they do it for themselves, it's simply coincidence that they breathe Carbon Dioxide and produce Oxygen, which just so happens to be what we breathe.

It's not like plants are like, oh man. Check out those humans... we should make them some air. YES THAT MUST BE OUR PURPOSE!

No. Simply no.

Also bringing joy to your family, taking care of your parents and contributing to society... Thats not 'the purpose' of human life. That doesn't make any sense.

Why would the purpose of human life be to bring joy to your family? Your family is also human so human life is on the earth just to make human life happy? Makes perfect sense.

Taking care of your parents? So human life is on earth to take care of human life when they get old? Makes perfect sense.

And contributing to society? Human life is on earth to contribute to something we created? Makes perfect sense.

Edited by The one known simply as L, 17 March 2011 - 02:24 AM.

I'm Pretty Obscure, you've probably never heard of me.

#17    Pretty Obscure

Pretty Obscure

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 40 posts

• I'm Pretty Obscure, you've probably never heard of me.

Posted 17 March 2011 - 02:27 AM

View PostSevenof Seven, on 16 March 2011 - 03:29 PM, said:

meaning in life derives from having compassion within oneself for others, knowing pain and suffering, the happiness and joy of creating life with a partner, the simplistic joys of birdsong or smelling a blossom, the giving and sharing of thoughts with others, in recognising life to be the ultimate gift given to us, creating our own story as we while away our human years fraught with trials and tribulations. the ultimate purpose is the end of our story which remains the great unknown to us while we are living. this life is a journey, a one-way journey, a suicide mission and our only true purpose is to fulfil our destiny by dying in the end having gained knowledge and experiences and thereby having filled purpose for human existence. am i talking rubbish again? someone pull the plug!

Those thing's aren't the meaning of life, they are the experiences that comes with life.

Edited by The one known simply as L, 17 March 2011 - 02:30 AM.

I'm Pretty Obscure, you've probably never heard of me.

#18    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,705 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 17 March 2011 - 02:36 AM

As individuals, we create our own purpose in life, according to our views, faith, knowledge, decisions etc. It is those that can't see this that lead hollow lives without purpose.

As for what the purpose of all life is? It seems to me that life is the vehicle for change in an otherwise bleak existence. The 'frosting on the cake', if you will.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#19    Conscious Creator

Conscious Creator

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

• Never take life seriously; nobody gets out alive anyway.

Posted 17 March 2011 - 02:39 AM

Plants don't filter air for us they do it for themselves, it's simply coincidence that they breathe Carbon Dioxide and produce Oxygen, which just so happens to be what we breathe.

It's not like plants are like, oh man. Check out those humans... we should make them some air. YES THAT MUST BE OUR PURPOSE!

No. Simply no.

Also bringing joy to your family, taking care of your parents and contributing to society... Thats not 'the purpose' of human life. That doesn't make any sense.

Why would the purpose of human life be to bring joy to your family? Your family is also human so human life is on the earth just to make human life happy? Makes perfect sense.

Taking care of your parents? So human life is on earth to take care of human life when they get old? Makes perfect sense.

And contributing to society? Human life is on earth to contribute to something we created? Makes perfect sense.

LOL for realz. what about people that do not have parents or a family?

and the amount a person contributes to society is completely opinion based. there would be no way to determine whether a person made a good enough contribution to this concept called society...that's the perception of the individual homie

#20    3rd rock resident alien

3rd rock resident alien

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 12:23 AM

Gain understanding of everything, takes care of it and hand it down to the next generation for more understanding of everything.

The  Holy Council of the Conscious Gods
God in Real time. Almighty Supernatural Mega Spiritual Life Giver
In the absence of your god, Almighty Sun will always be with you.
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. How I Wonder What You Are.

#21    thewild

thewild

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

• Y HELLO THAR

Posted 21 March 2011 - 02:36 AM

View PostEvilution13, on 16 March 2011 - 10:27 AM, said:

I agree, life doesn't even need a purpose, its already complete, but people have to make one up bcause they feel lost. Then here's something you can do with your time: find your inner peace and leave other people alone:)
Excellent reply. My sentiments exactly!

Posted Image

#22    d e v i c e

d e v i c e

Ambassador of Fear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 11:11 AM

View Postthewild, on 21 March 2011 - 02:36 AM, said:

Excellent reply. My sentiments exactly!
Thank you.    :tu:

#23    Cradle of Fish

Cradle of Fish

Alien Abducter

• 4,583 posts

• "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Dr. Johnson

Posted 21 March 2011 - 11:32 AM

View PostFlyingAngel, on 17 March 2011 - 01:40 AM, said:

Why do you think your parents gave birth to you? If you can answer why, you've already got your purpose

They elected not to terminate the pregnancy. Where do I stand in that case?

I am not a man, merely a parody of one.

#24    lilcharleslanca

lilcharleslanca

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 01:32 AM

i believe in every human soul there is a pull between faith in a higher power that will save us and bring us to a better place in the end of our sufferage on the this planet and the pull towards scientific fact that can prove so much (rationally) in our world today, but i feel that without the faith of god that we would not have the courage, train of thought, progressive knowlegde in technology... EVERYTHING would be NOTHING without our faith, there would be no reason of, no reason to further investigate any mystery, and with that being said THERE WOULD BE NO PURPOSE TO THIS WEBSITE. So if your reading this, you might not know it, but u still hold on to some faith. I hope your faith blossoms.

Edited by lilcharleslanca, 23 July 2011 - 01:32 AM.

#25    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,712 posts

• One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it. ~ Master Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

Posted 23 July 2011 - 01:43 AM

View Postlilcharleslanca, on 23 July 2011 - 01:32 AM, said:

EVERYTHING would be NOTHING without our faith, there would be no reason of, no reason to further investigate any mystery, and with that being said THERE WOULD BE NO PURPOSE TO THIS WEBSITE. So if your reading this, you might not know it, but u still hold on to some faith. I hope your faith blossoms.

"Everything" is not dependent on our so-called "faith"

Anyways in order to make life more tolerable some people choose to invent a reason for existing because for some it would be too shocking and depressing to realize that our lives have no more "meaning" than that of a dog or cat.

We live, do things, maybe raise a family then die.
In a way it is like watching a slew of movies on the weekend, they are fun and pass the time but essentially it means nothing except you found a way to make the time appear to pass by faster.

#26    broke

broke

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 118 posts

• I take the tool of Hope from THEM and use it in a good way.THEY can't take my choice....

Posted 25 July 2011 - 04:36 AM

as soon as you see your child born. i think you know then

Always take your shades when you die cause the light might be really bright...and if you go the other way...at least you'll look cool

#27    lilcharleslanca

lilcharleslanca

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 08:51 AM

View PostRyu, on 23 July 2011 - 01:43 AM, said:

"Everything" is not dependent on our so-called "faith"

Anyways in order to make life more tolerable some people choose to invent a reason for existing because for some it would be too shocking and depressing to realize that our lives have no more "meaning" than that of a dog or cat.

We live, do things, maybe raise a family then die.
In a way it is like watching a slew of movies on the weekend, they are fun and pass the time but essentially it means nothing except you found a way to make the time appear to pass by faster.
That's cute, obviously your a kid, probably a little boy, who doesnt really know about life yet, maybe you've been dealt a ****ty hand, but all i have to say is hang in there man, things might be hard now but dont give up on God, and at least dont make that decision for your kids and allow them to pay for your mistakes, at least give them the choice. Anyway be positive, you cant always look at life so negative or it will always be that way, and if you are ever blessed with children or one of the greater feelings God blessed humanity with, you cant look at your childs eyes with that negativity... if you cant/dont have kids, i see why.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users