Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bin Laden’s half brother: I'll pay for defense

__Kratos__

CAIRO, Egypt - One of Osama bin Laden’s half brothers said he would pay for the terror mastermind’s defense should he ever be captured, Yeslam Binladin said in a broadcast interview.

“For sure,” Yeslam Binladin responded when asked if he would help pay. “Everyone has the right to defend himself, anyone who is accused of doing something.”

Yeslam and Osama are among 54 sons and daughters of the late Saudi construction magnate Mohammed bin Laden, who had 22 wives. Yeslam said he believed his half brother, thought to be hiding in the rugged mountains along the Afghan-Pakistan border, was still alive.

“I don’t think he’s dead,” he said in the interview recorded on May 28 that aired Sunday on the Dubai-based Al-Arabiya satellite television station.

When asked why U.S. forces had still not been able to track bin Laden down, Yeslam responded: “I don’t know, ask them.”

Condemning 'all kinds of violence'

Yeslam, at 54, is six years older than Osama. His mother was Iranian; Osama’s was Syrian. In the interview Yeslam said his brothers and sisters feared their father, a Saudi of Yemeni origin, who used to beat them.

Yeslam was educated in Lebanon and the United States and returned to Saudi Arabia after graduating from college. He said he spent some time with Osama in Saudi Arabia from 1978-1981 before Osama went to fight alongside other mujahedeen against the Soviets in Afghanistan. He did not mention seeing Osama after that.

Yeslam condemned the 2001 terror attacks in the United States and said he issued a statement following the attacks, condemning “all kinds of violence.”

Yeslam said that Osama, who had not left Saudi Arabia to study abroad like most of his brothers “was more religious than the rest.”

“Osama didn’t like music or TV and banned his kids from them,” Yeslam said. “I grew up thinking this is weird, but he’s free in his household and I’m free in mine.”

Yeslam, who was granted Swiss citizenship in 2001, intentionally spells his name differently from his half brother, the prime suspect in the Sept. 11 terror attacks.

Source

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know... if I was the guy going in to capture Bin Laden my trigger finger might slip 50 or 60 times. Think how much his brother will waste on a defense when all those videos he made as confessions and claiming responsibility for all sorts of attacks.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stixxman

• SnakeProphet

• pallidin

• __Kratos__

Top Posters In This Topic

He could ask him to give himself up and kid on he was going to fund the trial then hand him over to the americans and collect the reward devil.gif mind you he would have to go to mars to spend it and stay

Bin Laden would never let himself be taken alive, which is fine by me.

Talk about T.O.O. why not just paint a giant bullseye on you face so people know where to go to tell you off. Family is family, but if one of my brothers went off the deep end this bad I would cut my losses and put some distance between us.

And besides it would be a waste of money like someone said, he's already confessed to the crime, go directly to jail.

Unfortunately he is right, he does have the right to defend himself....then he can die grin2.gif

I have an idea. Bin Laden should perhaps put personal actions where his mouth is. So, I volunteer to provide him with a suicide bomb pack. w00t.gif

I have an idea. Bin Laden should perhaps put personal actions where his mouth is. So, I volunteer to provide him with a suicide bomb pack.

I don't want to give you ideas,but all I can say is.......plane......2 of them.

Yeah its funny how he isn't required to make the "ultimate" sacrifice for allah, you would think a fanatic like him would want to set an example for the rest of the men like any great leader. But he is not a great leader, he and anyone like him are cowards. They lack the guts to stand toe to toe with their enemy. Instead they wage a "war" of "terror" which mostly involves shooting people when they can't defend themselves. Why do these guys who have no honor get such coodoos in their homeland for these actions.

Yeah its funny how he isn't required to make the "ultimate" sacrifice for allah, you would think a fanatic like him would want to set an example for the rest of the men like any great leader. But he is not a great leader, he and anyone like him are cowards. They lack the guts to stand toe to toe with their enemy. Instead they wage a "war" of "terror" which mostly involves shooting people when they can't defend themselves. Why do these guys who have no honor get such coodoos in their homeland for these actions.

Because there would have been no resistance if they went in rambo-style and started shooting americans?

Because there would have been no resistance if they went in rambo-style and started shooting americans?

714077[/snapback]

elaborate please

Do you think they actually have a choice other than terror?They would have been grilled instantly.

It's the cause they are fighting for,and without the methods they are using now,there would have been no cause.Simple as that.

And to call them cowards while you're sitting behind tons of armor,killing thousands of them by pushing a button is not what I call honorary.(I know you're not american,that was a general statement)

I think we should relax a moment, and consider that there is no justification for the direct and specific murder of non-combatants, be it from Bin Laden, the Americans or anyone else.

No matter what, Osama Bin Laden will never be captured alive. If he was too be captured, he would have to face an open and public trial. Do you know how many people and organizations that would be compromised??

Bin Laden will never be brought before a court of law.... I'm sure that if he was responsible for 9/11, Allah would reward him for staying alive and doing it all over again. When Osama decides to go out it will be in favor of Allah(scary) sad.gif

why waste the money on his defense? just set him free in new york and see how long he would last!