Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

My theory about Ghosts

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16    Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

• Hi. My name is Spike.

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:16 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 14 April 2013 - 06:42 PM, said:

Think the keyboard is broken.
I don't think it an illusion, if so then its a pretty huge one. One thing bothers me is why animals like dogs are able sense things that Humans cannot hear or see?

Less material creatures, they're not so busy in the physical world that they severed ties to the spiritual, so to speak. Though of course, this doesn't apply to all animals (plenty of super pampered animals who've probably never seen anything spiritual :P). I had an awful lot of paranormal experiences when I was younger and they gradually faded out as I got older and became more aware of myself, picking up physical wants etc. Our pet cockatiel was quite sensitive to spirit activity, and many animals in my experience are. I think animals are a lot like children in the fact that they eat, sleep, poop, play and simply want to be loved. They get stressed and caught up over very little, having very few wants and needs and this kind of aura, whatever you want to call it, is the key to the spirit world. I guess it's just because those kind of carnal barriers just aren't there hence my grave skepticism in mediums/psychics who make money out of what they do.

As for the OP, I think you have a grave misunderstanding of what a ghost is to come to that conclusion.

Edited by Heaven Is A Halfpipe, 14 April 2013 - 08:28 PM.

You can go the distance, you can run the mile and you can walk straight through HELL with a smile.

My UM Credentials: http://www.unexplain...5

#17    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:15 AM

Even if I provided plausible physical explanations for a million poltergeists [or ghosts] in a million different places at a million different times, there is always the possibility that the next one that pops up will be the real thing. So, those who believe in poltergeists, ghosts, and haunted houses can always take refuge in the fact that nobody ever has enough information to debunk every ghost story, and even if they did, the next one might prove the debunkers wrong!

If one is selective enough, one can confirm just about any hypothesis. And, as the history of research into psychic phenomena has shown, the brighter one is the easier it is to rationalize and find reasons to support one's beliefs.

http://skepdic.com/ghosts.html

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#18    FlyingAngel

FlyingAngel

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:49 PM

Put yourself in the shoes of a ghost.

If I were a ghost, I'd stay for a while to see if my family stopped being sad. Then I'd probably fly into deep down ocean or another planet to discover things. Or if possible, time travel to the past or future, billions of year ago. Or if possible go inside someone's body and experience everything they experience (live through their eyes, can't control them)

I also think that there could be millions of ghost, it's just that we can't see and interact with them.

#19    J. K.

J. K.

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:29 PM

I would lean toward a combination of time-slip overlaps/glitches (if you remember 8-track tape players, you remember what that could sound like) and the activities of spiritual beings who like to befuddle humanity.

Edited by J. K., 15 April 2013 - 08:29 PM.

One's reality is another's nightmare.

#20    Esoteric Toad

Esoteric Toad

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

• Where does one get certified as an "Ancient Astronaut Theorist" or "Cryptozoologist"?

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:11 PM

Question related to op: What percentage of people become ghosts? 1%?10%? 1 in a 1000? Just wondering.

#21    _Only

_Only

• 6,525 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:31 AM

View Postdiablo_04, on 04 April 2013 - 11:27 PM, said:

If, i mean if ghost exist, i believe they are jinns or demons.

What about a more practical, yet still outside the usual box, theory?

Thought forms. We have all spent a good degree of energy thinking about the place we visited one time that we loved, or repeating a painfully emotional event in our mind that happened long ago. For whatever various reasons, we are able to freely revisit old events and settings to relive that moment time and again in our imagination. You could philosophically say that we left a portion of ourselves at this place, and are able to evoke it at will. However, it isn't exactly a physical evocation, but a psychological (mind) one. Meaning the image can perhaps hang around even after our physical body has stopped ticking. These thought forms from our mind, aka'ghosts', could possibly even appear while we are still fully alive and well. But who would know the difference?

Spirits from the beyond? Maybe, I guess.

Thought projections sensed almost, but not quite, physically by ourselves and others? More plausible, in my eyes.

There's also always the possibility that ghosts are time bleed throughs:

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#22    _Only

_Only

• 6,525 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:44 AM

View Postonereaderone, on 14 April 2013 - 04:35 PM, said:

in the  future , technology  will  improve  or  become   advanced ,  or  as  very  least  provide  greater capablitys .

I doubt any technology will have to become more advanced, as opposed to a perception being broken free in the mind. We're slaves to the cause and effect factor of our human created concept of linear time. While hints are made to this not being the case (precognitive dreams are a good example), we don't understand how this can even be possible, so swiftly let the idea go cognitively/psychologically, and get back to watching the clock, wondering what will happen to us next.

Then, of course, those inclined to lean deeply toward science/technology and/or the physical world, will ignore how much of our world is ruled by individual/group perception, and will spend time imagining electrical devices and mathematical equations to somehow become a golden ticket to breaking the glass encasing our fabricated concept of time (aka cause and effect).

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#23    diablo_04

diablo_04

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

• I reject your reality and substitute my own

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:26 PM

View PostFlyingAngel, on 15 April 2013 - 07:49 PM, said:

Put yourself in the shoes of a ghost.

If I were a ghost, I'd stay for a while to see if my family stopped being sad. Then I'd probably fly into deep down ocean or another planet to discover things. Or if possible, time travel to the past or future, billions of year ago. Or if possible go inside someone's body and experience everything they experience (live through their eyes, can't control them)

I also think that there could be millions of ghost, it's just that we can't see and interact with them.

As you describe it, sounds like is really great to be a ghost, for a second I haved a desire to jump from a bridge (joking).

Posted Image

I reject your reality and substitute my own

My site :D Workout tips

#24    Paradoxum

Paradoxum

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 111 posts

• "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:55 PM

View Postdiablo_04, on 18 April 2013 - 06:26 PM, said:

As you describe it, sounds like is really great to be a ghost, for a second I haved a desire to jump from a bridge (joking).

If there is an afterlife and it's really like that, it makes life seem very boring!

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science." - A. Einstein

#25    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:05 AM

that one post with all the extra spacing just freaked me out and now i'm lost.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users