Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 2 votes

Sphinx and GP dates from 10 500 BC?

• Please log in to reply
1650 replies to this topic

#856    Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Unknown title error

• 2,939 posts
  • Location:arizona (originally the wisconsin/minnesota area eh!)

• Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.”

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:18 AM

View Postcladking, on 29 June 2012 - 01:01 AM, said:

I disagree with Bauval on most points but there's no reason he can't be generally correct.

It seems quite obvious that the Sphinx faces east to face the rising sun of the equinoxes.  The
pyramids are laid out according to the seasons as well.  The Egyptians were oriented toward
the south because that's where the sun was.  That they developed the calendar proves they
were familiar with the stars and some of this is mentioned in the PT.

There were older structures under G1 and probably G2.  There's no reason to believe there
wasn't an older structure at the site of the Sphinx.
Just quoting you for Harte. :tu:

"Though I stand in opposition to you, I am not opposed to you. Night and Day stand in opposition to each other, but they are not opposed to each other -they are merely two halves of the same coin."

#857    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Telekinetic

• 7,721 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:30 AM

View PostHarte, on 29 June 2012 - 12:46 AM, said:

Wiki: Stele of the Vultures

Now, stop quoting Cladking and Timespy.

Harte

LOL I'm (mostly) innocent for once. I had been replying to Aus in this case. There's some web page (Wiki or otherwise) that presents the Stele of the Vultures as an artifact from Göbekli Tepe, and more than one poster has fallen victim to it. It was Aus this time. I was hoping to track down the web page.

I have replied to cladking a couple of times but posted nothing of substance. It's a tiresome debate that was settled years ago. I'll try to behave better. :innocent:

View PostAus Der Box Skeptisch, on 29 June 2012 - 01:18 AM, said:

Just quoting you for Harte. :tu:

Oh, my, you're a very bad boy. Do not incur the Wrath of Harte!

Posted Image
Words of wisdom from Richard Clopton:
For every credibility gap there is a gullibility fill.

Visit My Blog!

#858    Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Unknown title error

• 2,939 posts

• Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.”

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:34 AM

View Postkmt_sesh, on 29 June 2012 - 01:30 AM, said:

LOL I'm (mostly) innocent for once. I had been replying to Aus in this case. There's some web page (Wiki or otherwise) that presents the Stele of the Vultures as an artifact from Göbekli Tepe, and more than one poster has fallen victim to it. It was Aus this time. I was hoping to track down the web page.

I have replied to cladking a couple of times but posted nothing of substance. It's a tiresome debate that was settled years ago. I'll try to behave better. :innocent:

Oh, my, you're a very bad boy. Do not incur the Wrath of Harte!
Oh come now where's the fun in that... besides after our last group hug with Harte I realized he's just a big softy... :devil: OK OK haven't ragged on Harte in a while so I had to throw a couple jabs out there so he knows we still care... :w00t:

"Though I stand in opposition to you, I am not opposed to you. Night and Day stand in opposition to each other, but they are not opposed to each other -they are merely two halves of the same coin."

#859    samspade

samspade

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:32 AM

View Postkmt_sesh, on 29 June 2012 - 01:30 AM, said:

There's some web page (Wiki or otherwise) that presents the Stele of the Vultures as an artifact from Göbekli Tepe, and more than one poster has fallen victim to it.

Reminds me of  vicitms that believed in the Orion Correlation Theory by R Bauval.
http://en.wikipedia....relation_theory

lol

But to be fair, he tryed.

lol

#860    Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Unknown title error

• 2,939 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:52 AM

View Postsamspade, on 29 June 2012 - 03:32 AM, said:

Reminds me of  vicitms that believed in the Orion Correlation Theory by R Bauval.
http://en.wikipedia....relation_theory

lol

But to be fair, he tryed.

lol

Oh my. Don't let Scott see this post... LOL. He'll tell you why bauval is wrong and he is right and Orion was the predestined design plan... we are looking into Pandora's box this very moment. Quick close the lid. Lmao

#861    samspade

samspade

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:49 PM

View PostAus Der Box Skeptisch, on 29 June 2012 - 03:52 AM, said:

Oh my. Don't let Scott see this post... LOL. He'll tell you why bauval is wrong and he is right and Orion was the predestined design plan... we are looking into Pandora's box this very moment. Quick close the lid. Lmao

People can say what they want, but in my opinion trying to relate the 3 belt stars of Orion to the 3 main pyramids at giza is a false one

Here's another video about the Spinx.

#862    thewatchman7

thewatchman7

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

• like joseph stalin, and ghandi,
    im the cult of personality!

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:52 PM

View Postsamspade, on 29 June 2012 - 04:49 PM, said:

People can say what they want, but in my opinion trying to relate the 3 belt stars of Orion to the 3 main pyramids at giza is a false one

i couldnt agree more.

#863    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:18 PM

What do you think about ancient geodesy and in particular this picture below.
Posted Image

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#864    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:40 PM

To add something about fact, how everything is perfect so we could live here and perfect messures. Look at this golden ratio.
Posted Image

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.

#865    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Telekinetic

• 7,721 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:21 PM

View Postthe L, on 29 June 2012 - 06:18 PM, said:

What do you think about ancient geodesy and in particular this picture below.
Posted Image

The Giza alignments to Heliopolis are well known but I'd forgotten about the same at Saqqara and Abusir. Now I remember reading about it years ago in a book about the development of the sun-god cult in the Old Kingdom. Yes, I suppose this is a good example of the principle you're describing.

Posted Image

Visit My Blog!

#866    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:08 PM

View Postkmt_sesh, on 29 June 2012 - 09:21 PM, said:

The Giza alignments to Heliopolis are well known but I'd forgotten about the same at Saqqara and Abusir. Now I remember reading about it years ago in a book about the development of the sun-god cult in the Old Kingdom. Yes, I suppose this is a good example of the principle you're describing.

But why? And more interesting how did they done it?
Sun god cult policy was that all aligments must have been to Heliopolis?

#867    samspade

samspade

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:08 PM

View Postkmt_sesh, on 29 June 2012 - 09:21 PM, said:

The so-called "Giza diagonal" as a group of 3  does not really align exacty like shown in that image as
Lehner has mentioned the line misses the  southeast corners of G3 by as much as 11 meters.

Yet people like Kate Spence, Magli ,Belmonte  have mentioned such alignments.

#868    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,638 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:31 PM

Posted Image

Again all the Sphinxs were place facing side ways in the monumemts of egypt, not as in front of ,even the dream stela. Clearly the Sphinx was place side ways for  khufu`s tomb.

#869    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Telekinetic

• 7,721 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:35 PM

View Postthe L, on 29 June 2012 - 10:08 PM, said:

But why? And more interesting how did they done it?
Sun god cult policy was that all aligments must have been to Heliopolis?

To be honest I can't remember which pyramids in particular are arranged like that at Saqqara and Abusir. These two sites combined contain many more pyramids than the graphic shows. I also doubt the alignment is as perfect as represented, but the intent is there.

The reason is the prominence of the sun-god cult at Heliopolis, especially in Dynasty 5 and Dynasty 6. Pyramids are solar symbols, among other things. They're aligned toward Heliopolis because of the prominence of the cult there, and the overriding resurrection theme the site represented.

Posted Image

Visit My Blog!

#870    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,638 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:39 PM

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users