Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

I feel like someone is going to die.

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16    mattryan209

mattryan209

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 186 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:49 PM

I apologize, for being somewhat harsh in my post,but the Op's responses didn't seem genuine to me,though her original post seemed like it could have been. I probably overreacted,although I must say the nature of the OP's replys follow a pattern of other posters on this forum, who I later found out to be trolls or people seeking attention. I disagree,however that the OP can't prove her story,although it would require revealing her identity and posting an obituary.Either way since the OP is new,I don't know really know her and she doesn't know me,so I can't find a reason to believe her,and likewise it would be rather silly to find a reason to get upset about my comments. Just my two cents,ban me if you feel the need to,It would probably give me a chance to enjoy real life more-lol.

False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul with evil.-Socrates (attributed to)

THOSE WITH AN I.Q. ABOVE 160 PLEASE DO NOT ARGUE WITH ME! YOU'LL JUST EMBARASS ME AND I'LL LOOK LIKE A FOOL!

#17    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:30 AM

Am not banning anyone, however  we prefer arguments against Moderator  decisions to be sent via the private message system. It helps a thread maintain integrity and flow. As well as allows a certain level of respect between poster and Moderator.

#18    pinupgirl

pinupgirl

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 184 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:06 PM

I think respect is the key word here....Weather you believe the post or not...If there is a chance that someone lost a loved one...Be respectful and kind .When someone is constantly questioned about being truthful on this forum,..it makes people like me not want to post anything.Too many people on this forum automatically want to think that the person is lying or seeing things.I'm sure that nobody on this forum comes here hoping to be called a fake or wanting to be constantly questioned of their sanity.I came here for understanding and hoping to find people with similar experiences.Some people have been kind and understanding,but the other is what keeps me from posting more.Lets remember to be kind to one another and imagine if you were the person who posted this and lost a loved one.We should give them the benefit of the doubt.Just my opinion

#19    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 20,621 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:24 AM

Honestly, it isn't even about giving the benefit of the doubt.  It is simply that no purpose is served by posting something that will be hurtful with very minimal if any, actual benefit.  There is no way to determine if the poster was being truthful or not.  Giving the opinion that it was not the truth would, if correct, not accomplish anything unless confirmed, and if incorrect, would be a pretty callous thing to do.  Even without confirmation, it still seems somewhat blunt, even for those who share the same feeling.

Heck, even if it were correct and confirmed, we have, what?  Just another drama post, like any of the dozen we see in a given month.

Habitually doubting isn't a bad intellectual habit.  Telling others about it is kind of a bad social habit.

#20    pinupgirl

pinupgirl

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 184 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:18 AM

View Postaquatus1, on 05 March 2012 - 12:24 AM, said:

Honestly, it isn't even about giving the benefit of the doubt.  It is simply that no purpose is served by posting something that will be hurtful with very minimal if any, actual benefit.  There is no way to determine if the poster was being truthful or not.  Giving the opinion that it was not the truth would, if correct, not accomplish anything unless confirmed, and if incorrect, would be a pretty callous thing to do.  Even without confirmation, it still seems somewhat blunt, even for those who share the same feeling.

Heck, even if it were correct and confirmed, we have, what?  Just another drama post, like any of the dozen we see in a given month.

Habitually doubting isn't a bad intellectual habit.  Telling others about it is kind of a bad social habit.

I agree completely!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users