Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 12 votes

Tantalising Testimony

• Please log in to reply
5533 replies to this topic

#4531    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:41 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 29 November 2012 - 05:45 AM, said:

If it is a genuine craft, I would say it would more likely be a drone due to the clear dome on top. It actually looks rather like a CCTV housing. But overall, it looks like a frisbee with a clear dome stuck on top of it.
Again, you have prompted me to think.
I went back and reread zoser's original submission and noted this:

"These analyses suggest that the disc was a three dimensional object located at a distance of at least 30 feet from the camera; the object's surface albedo was diffuse and of lower luminance than a sunlit cloud."

If the object were only 30 feet from the camera, the perceived size of it in the original picture wouldn't be far off from that of a frizbee.  Of course that's just my perception, I'm not applying any science here.  In any case it's small.
So if it is ET, then it would have to be some type of drone, unless the "occupants" are the size of...well, damn small anyway.
If the photographer didn't see that object when it was there, then it becomes apparent that they may not be able to say there was no one throwing frizbees at the time.
I don't see that much can be done with this case other than take it at face value.
Nothing points to a deliberate hoax and it's unidentifiable.
So, to me, it's a UFO.
Could be lots of things.

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#4532    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

An Inspiration to Millions

• 23,410 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:52 AM

View Postsynchronomy, on 29 November 2012 - 06:41 AM, said:

"These analyses suggest that the disc was a three dimensional object located at a distance of at least 30 feet from the camera; the object's surface albedo was diffuse and of lower luminance than a sunlit cloud."

If the object were only 30 feet from the camera, the perceived size of it in the original picture wouldn't be far off from that of a frizbee.  Of course that's just my perception, I'm not applying any science here.  In any case it's small.
So if it is ET, then it would have to be some type of drone, unless the "occupants" are the size of...well, damn small anyway.
If the photographer didn't see that object when it was there, then it becomes apparent that they may not be able to say there was no one throwing frizbees at the time.
I don't see that much can be done with this case other than take it at face value.
So, to me, it's a UFO.
Could be lots of things.
I don't really think that if there were ET Craft exploring our airspace, they'd be very likely to be manned, or staffed or whatever. It'd make much more sense for them to be drones.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#4533    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,011 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:53 AM

And again, thank you, I take that remark as a compliment.

I agree totally, but this is what is wrong with UFOlogy today. The question should be "what is it" Not "This is an alien craft, how do we prove it". Unfortunately, that does seem to be a common theme in this particular thread.

So, to me, it's a UFO.
Could be lots of things.

Indeed, but how does ET make the picture? Again, UFOLogy puts forth that UFO=ET. That is when tin foil hats become appropriate. This is going back to the God syndrome the way I see it. I do not know what it is, it must be the almighty.

Do you know what Volcano In Vancouver had activity in 1981? I cannot seem to place the activity.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#4534    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,011 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:58 AM

View Post747400, on 29 November 2012 - 07:52 AM, said:

I don't really think that if there were ET Craft exploring our airspace, they'd be very likely to be manned, or staffed or whatever. It'd make much more sense for them to be drones.

When regarding first contact that would certainly be more sensible, and overcome issues like quarantine, but going a step further, and using this logic, wouldn't communications as a prelim be even better still? Even with non inhabited planets, scans and analyses would be more important than visiting I would think. I would expect to more likely see some sort of relay in gravity wells if either of these were the case for reporting. Considering the distances involved, it seems pretty logical? No need to wait centuries for return data. And you can just keep going deeper, something like the Voyager probes, until you just run out of power or heavy maintenance is required.

Edited by psyche101, 29 November 2012 - 07:59 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#4535    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

• 23,410 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:10 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 29 November 2012 - 07:58 AM, said:

When regarding first contact that would certainly be more sensible, and overcome issues like quarantine, but going a step further, and using this logic, wouldn't communications as a prelim be even better still? Even with non inhabited planets, scans and analyses would be more important than visiting I would think. I would expect to more likely see some sort of relay in gravity wells if either of these were the case for reporting. Considering the distances involved, it seems pretty logical? No need to wait centuries for return data. And you can just keep going deeper, something like the Voyager probes, until you just run out of power or heavy maintenance is required.
Ah, there's the thing; my thesis is that they (supposing that there is a They) aren't, or at least, during, say, the 1950s, when UFOs first, as we know, came to prominence, weren't, trying to make Contact, because at the time they weren't sure if there was life here or not. They were doing effectively what we're doing on places like Mars, sending out probes to planets that they thought might look interesting to explore and see if they copuld find anything interesting. Since then, they might have been gradually carrying on a process of data gathering, with a view to perhaps establishing contact at some point on a discreet level if they think it might be advantageous. Indeed, there'd be a relay or a mother craft somewhere a discreet distance away, far enough not to alarm anybody so that they could carry on their researches without being bothered by or bothering anybody,.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#4536    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,414 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:02 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 29 November 2012 - 07:53 AM, said:

Do you know what Volcano In Vancouver had activity in 1981? I cannot seem to place the activity.

Mt Garibaldi had some landslides in 1981. It's near Vancouver BC

There was an eruption of Mt St Helens in 1980 but it was near Vancouver WA. (I actually remember that one quite well, not too far from where I lived)

Seems like a random question unless I'm missing something....which isn't unusual. ^_^

Edited by Slave2Fate, 29 November 2012 - 10:04 AM.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#4537    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,955 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:10 AM

Analyses of the original negative included micro-densitometry, computer enhancements, and other measurements intent upon showing a support thread, atmospheric disturbance, or other evidences of a hoax.

so an analysis intent on showing either evidence of a hoax or atmospheric disturbance produced the below....

These analyses suggest that the disc was a three dimensional object located at a distance of at least 30 feet from the camera

who needs triangulation when you can establish a distance (i.e. 30ft) using a still picture with no line of reference....???

obviously would be nice to see this analysis and the calculations used to arrive at 30ft :unsure2:

#4538    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

View Post747400, on 29 November 2012 - 07:52 AM, said:

Then you will appreciate the next case; stand by.

Posted Image

#4539    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:38 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 29 November 2012 - 07:58 AM, said:

Nice to see you back on the thread again psyche :tu:

Posted Image

#4540    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:51 PM

Zdany, Poland 2006.

I really have no idea yet what to make of this fascinating case.  

Two men are returning from a wedding party. Both ask for their anonymity to be preserved, so we shall only use their first names – Maciej (Matthew), 65, is driving, and Zbyszek, 60, sits in the passenger seat. The atmosphere in the car is merry, the passenger is actually still very tipsy. And – an important factor in the whole story – he has a still camera, quite good at that: an Olympus. He was using the camera to photograph dancing couples but on this day it will turn out that having it enabled him to take one of the best UFO photographs in the world. They drive towards a town called Terespol, or – to be more precise – towards a smaller town called Międzyrzec Podlaski.

Read more:

http://www.ufoeviden...nt/Photo411.htm

Note the photographs are copyrighted so I will not post those specific shots here.  The pictures do look high resolution.

Here are the photo's on a youtube clip:

Here is one of the photographers giving testimony on a youtube clip.  Don't get excited unless you speak Polish; maybe our Eastern European members could translate for us?

Edited by zoser, 29 November 2012 - 04:54 PM.

Posted Image

#4541    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:59 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4542    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,414 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:26 PM

Posted Image

Looks like a couple of these fastened together.

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#4543    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:29 PM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 29 November 2012 - 05:26 PM, said:

Posted Image

Looks like a couple of these fastened together.

Well Done.  Very imaginative.

Please read the case then report back.

Edited by zoser, 29 November 2012 - 05:30 PM.

Posted Image

#4544    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

• 23,410 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:34 PM

I notice that they do try to forestall that suggestion. "Matthew, who is driving the car, is convinced that some kids are making fun of drivers by… throwing a huge bowl."

Looks very much like one of Sweetpumper's metallic balls.

So to speak. :unsure2:

* Although a Cynic might suggest that it's perhaps not that surprising that the car suddenly breaks down, since it is a Polonez ...... :innocent:

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#4545    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,414 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:41 PM

View Postzoser, on 29 November 2012 - 05:29 PM, said:

Well Done.  Very imaginative.

Please read the case then report back.

Nah.

You can see from the reflection in the object that it is not far from the camera or the ground. If it's a UFO then it's probably less than a foot wide.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users