Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Meteor Explodes over Russia. dozens injured..

• Please log in to reply
290 replies to this topic

#16    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 32,596 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:58 AM

View PostAsteroidX, on 15 February 2013 - 07:20 AM, said:

A lot closer then the estimate btw
If you are talking about 2012 DA14 would you care to show us your observational data and calculations which led you to this conclusion? This object is being tracked by astronomers (both amateur and professional) all around the world and they don't seem to have a problem with the calculated orbital path of this object, so I'd be interested to find out what it is you know that they don't.

View PostAsteroidX, on 15 February 2013 - 07:46 AM, said:

what does your gut tell you
Personally I choose to do my thinking with my brain.

It almost certainly is coincidental that these two events occured on the same day. As there seems to be a fair amount of footage of this object then it should be possible to determine which direction it entered the Earth's atmosphere from and so it will be possible to know for sure whether there is any connection between this event and asteroid 2012 DA14.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#17    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:03 AM

If you are talking about 2012 DA14 would you care to show us your observational data and calculations which led you to this conclusion? This object is being tracked by astronomers (both amateur and professional) all around the world and they don't seem to have a problem with the calculated orbital path of this object, so I'd be interested to find out what it is you know that they don't.

didnt claim it was the meteor once did I ? Coincidence or a piece of. Yeah your right the data will tell us but its not there today....So I go back to what does your gut tell you. But I get you. Empirical evidence is better despite what damage a precursor unbeknownst to the public might have nearly impacted us.

#18    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:05 AM

As for closer then AD&*^^&$&^ what they said those pieces of meteorite were damn close end of story.

All due respect Waspie as I respect your opinion and links on these subjects.

Edited by AsteroidX, 15 February 2013 - 08:07 AM.

#19    skookum

skookum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:22 AM

Really incredible footage on this news site.

http://rt.com/news/m...helyabinsk-283/

http://www.space.com...ast-russia.html

Edited by skookum, 15 February 2013 - 08:27 AM.

Posted Image

#20    hazzman

hazzman

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:58 AM

That sure is impressive stuff. That would fair scare the living daylights out of you. Gee if that was checked by Project Bluebook or similar, it would have definately have been 'confirmed' as a helicopter or weather balloon!

I read somewhere once that the amount of paid people actually dedicated (outside of the military) to watching the skies for approaching meteors, asteroids or 'chunks' was less than the staff of a McDonalds.

Because most meteors are so small, they remain unlit by the sun and we only realise they are here when they hit the atmosphere and burn up as at certain sizes they are fair impossible to spot.

Impressive footage.

#21    mysticwerewolf

mysticwerewolf

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 407 posts

• I'm baaaaaack

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:14 AM

i will wait until i see the   event on the news  I was watching  those video closely and Only one had anyone noticably react  it seemed like no one even blinked hard.  i have seen 3 fireballs in the sky before all three during daylight hours, and while it looked real  ..... well i wasn't watching the  meteor  after the first video short.

Edited to add
my bad... Not five minutes after i type that i start seeing it on the web.

Edited by mysticwerewolf, 15 February 2013 - 09:23 AM.

#22    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:46 AM

View Postmysticwerewolf, on 15 February 2013 - 09:14 AM, said:

i will wait until i see the   event on the news  I was watching  those video closely and Only one had anyone noticably react  it seemed like no one even blinked hard.  i have seen 3 fireballs in the sky before all three during daylight hours, and while it looked real  ..... well i wasn't watching the  meteor  after the first video short.

Edited to add
my bad... Not five minutes after i type that i start seeing it on the web.

Yes this is real,like i have said we humans now days have some kind of built in "nothing can harm us without someone knowing first complex" our universe can put a real kick in the ass to us anytime it wants.

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#23    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

Integrity is all we have

• 2,770 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:50 AM

I wonder how big that thing was. It looked a reasonable size. I have to say that footage seriously shocked me

#24    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,832 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:18 AM

North Korean Missile ?

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#25    Esoteric Toad

Esoteric Toad

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

• Where does one get certified as an "Ancient Astronaut Theorist" or "Cryptozoologist"?

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:31 AM

http://www.foxnews.c...ural-mountains/

Pretty amazing.

Gives you an idea of what a direct hit would/could do.

<- Not sure if that will work. Not used to adding youtube links.

Sorry didn't see the post from earlier. This can be deleted or merged or whatever it is that the mods do :tu:

Edited by Esoteric Toad, 15 February 2013 - 10:47 AM.

#26    stevewinn

stevewinn

Government Agent

• 9,045 posts

• Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:57 AM

as far as coincidences go its a pretty good one that we should have this meteor and the near earth asteroid on the same day. question's for me is, if i have this right, the Russian meteor is made from Ice/Dirt. where the Near Earth Asteroid 2012DA14 is rock/metals. dont these two bodies originate from different parts of the solar system?  < if i have it right could it still be possible the two have interacted at some point on the journey from the outer solar system to the inner solar system? stranger things have happened. it'll be interesting to find out.

Posted Image

British by Birth - English by the Grace of God

#27    Daughter of the Nine Moons

Daughter of the Nine Moons

☆。Fearstriker Do'Teh 。☆

• 14,700 posts

• ☆彡

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:19 AM

Amazing footage Professor T

How many meteors hit the earth per day

Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and desert you. Never gonna make you cry. Never gonna say goodbye. Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you.

#28    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,627 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:25 AM

That must be a scary experience.  Fire in the sky and glass exploding everywhere.  Hope no-one was seriously injured or killed.

#29    justcalmebubba

justcalmebubba

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 229 posts

• there are many things that bump along in the nite but there are sum of us that bump back

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:26 AM

Okay as instressing as this is  just a guess but id say that chunk of ice  that smacked russia was apart of the bigger rock fixing to take a near swing at us just broke off some wheres other side in the darkness we cant see in so it eather just broke off or  or  some thing bigger  did the rock hit or strike maybe  that shifted the what ever was bigger a little off corse from b**** slaping us back in to the iceage? maybe maybe? maybe? yeah to many maybes but 1 thangs for shure this is a wake up call for the goverments thats been denieing and lieing to us all about outerspace **** becomeing innner earth up close and personal ..................eather way itd best be a good idea to tell a loved one how you feel even if you do it every day any how then at sum point if you feel the need   yeah bend on over and kiss your butt good bye cause we eather live or we die  
  packing me a brown bagger and gona go sit under a tall pine tree and watch the fireworks and smoke a creeper

#30    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,573 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:31 AM

View Postjustcalmebubba, on 15 February 2013 - 11:26 AM, said:

Okay as instressing as this is  just a guess but id say that chunk of ice  that smacked russia was apart of the bigger rock fixing to take a near swing at us just broke off some wheres other side in the darkness we cant see in so it eather just broke off or  or  some thing bigger  did the rock hit or strike maybe  that shifted the what ever was bigger a little off corse from b**** slaping us back in to the iceage? maybe maybe? maybe? yeah to many maybes but 1 thangs for shure this is a wake up call for the goverments thats been denieing and lieing to us all about outerspace **** becomeing innner earth up close and personal ..................eather way itd best be a good idea to tell a loved one how you feel even if you do it every day any how then at sum point if you feel the need   yeah bend on over and kiss your butt good bye cause we eather live or we die  
  packing me a brown bagger and gona go sit under a tall pine tree and watch the fireworks and smoke a creeper
I got some of that but most of it did not make sense. Anyway the link posted by Dot shows how many meteors hit Earth every day

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users