Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Mystery of the Sphinx

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:03 PM

How were the massive 200-ton limestone blocks lifted and stacked five high to build the Sphinx Temple? John Anthony West and a team of seismologists, headed by Boston University's Professor Robert Schoch, discovered a square cavity directly beneath one of the paws of the Sphinx. According to the experts, it does not appear to be a natural formation. Could this be the Hall of Records of Atlantis? Includes the facts about this amazing mystery along with a fascinating series of spellbinding interviews with researchers, scientists and the best-known most credible ancient authorities in the world today.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#2    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:41 PM

I've been to the Sphinx and I can imagine it having many mysterious things in it and beneath it....it's an amazing structure!

#3    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 20,420 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:19 AM

I thought the space near the paw was confirmed by small drilled holes to be a natural hollow in the local limestone bedrock. AFAIK, it has been investigated and shown not to be a Hall of Records. Anyway, the Hall of Records is not supposed to be under the Sphinx... the tunnel to the Hall of Records is what is supposed to be located near the Sphinx.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#4    Mnemonix

Mnemonix

Alien Abducter

• Closed
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:26 AM

This should be interesting.

I read there is an 800 ton stone block which was moved from a quarry a mile away at an ancient site.

#5    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,025 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:35 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 14 November 2012 - 02:19 AM, said:

I thought the space near the paw was confirmed by small drilled holes to be a natural hollow in the local limestone bedrock. AFAIK, it has been investigated and shown not to be a Hall of Records. Anyway, the Hall of Records is not supposed to be under the Sphinx... the tunnel to the Hall of Records is what is supposed to be located near the Sphinx.
i also thought this had come to pass already

#6    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:14 PM

At 08:18 it sounds, to my ears, that Heston says that West needs a lie. Well, I can't argue with that, for his theory is a huge lie. However, this is an entertaining documentary, even with the bias towards the alternaviks.

#7    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:23 PM

View PostAtentutankh-pasheri, on 14 November 2012 - 07:14 PM, said:

At 08:18 it sounds, to my ears, that Heston says that West needs a lie. Well, I can't argue with that, for his theory is a huge lie. However, this is an entertaining documentary, even with the bias towards the alternaviks.
He said, "West needed an ally...a recognized expert..."

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#8    LiveForTomorrow

LiveForTomorrow

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:01 PM

Modern scienftific theories have so many holes in them.  Even though he sometimes strays afar, he has a good amount of ideas I can get behind.

#9    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 10,110 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:08 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 14 November 2012 - 02:19 AM, said:

I thought the space near the paw was confirmed by small drilled holes to be a natural hollow in the local limestone bedrock. AFAIK, it has been investigated and shown not to be a Hall of Records.
It was and you're right.

This vapid crockumentary dates from the early 1990's.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Anybody like Coleridge?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users