Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Democracy in Egypt under Military Rule

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:37 PM

this is the same channel who operated in egypt under the 25 revolution
who operated in exactly same situation but somehow they must be broadcasting
something the military does not like arrested the director
heard he was lat go but not sure yet

http://www.egyptinde...azeera-director

by the name of Allah the Gracious the Merciful
Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak From the evil of that which He created
And from the evil of darkness when it settles And from the evil of the blowers in knots
And from the evil of an envier when he envies"
truthful was Allah The Most High And Great

#2    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Mainly Spherical in Shape

• 25,063 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:45 PM

Would this be the "democracy" promoted by the probably soon to be late Mr. Morsi? I believe he was all for press freedom.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#3    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,453 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:46 PM

Wonder what the material was.

#4    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:52 PM

View PostHilander, on 08 July 2013 - 06:46 PM, said:

Wonder what the material was.
that's the problem .. they never say that " sign of dictatorship "
the claim was that the channel had no licence to broadcast " channels denies it "
and this channel broadcasted the original revolution " in same circumstances "
broadcasted all things that's happening

but in my opinion democracy has been raped in egypt in public
and things are only going to get worse " no military should ever rule a country "

Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak From the evil of that which He created
And from the evil of darkness when it settles And from the evil of the blowers in knots

#5    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 30,294 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:37 PM

Maybe you should tell your dictator that.  You are still in syria.

I said that the egyptions had elected their next dictator.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#6    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,965 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:40 PM

I get the impression that the Army is trying to keep some semblance of peace and keep the country from coming apart at the seams.  They may react too heavy handed against the pro Mursi people and if they do then it's on....  But if they just allow the Islamist Brotherhood to set the agenda the same thing is going to happen anyway.  The Brotherhood isn't going to just give up when they have waited so long for this power.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#7    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:48 PM

View Postdanielost, on 08 July 2013 - 07:37 PM, said:

Maybe you should tell your dictator that.  You are still in syria.

I said that the egyptions had elected their next dictator.
yes .. and i will never " run away " from my country
is that a problem to you ? and why bring it up ?

#8    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:50 PM

View Postand then, on 08 July 2013 - 07:40 PM, said:

I get the impression that the Army is trying to keep some semblance of peace and keep the country from coming apart at the seams.  They may react too heavy handed against the pro Mursi people and if they do then it's on....  But if they just allow the Islamist Brotherhood to set the agenda the same thing is going to happen anyway.  The Brotherhood isn't going to just give up when they have waited so long for this power.
personally i think both sides are stupid litarly
muslim brotherhood just want to eat all the power and leave nothing for anyone else
seculars would go to any extend not to see anyone muslim in power
military who's place " Should " be in inbetween to break them off .. is taking a side
which will in return result in armed resistance against military and would lead to whole new level of violence

#9    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:55 PM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 08 July 2013 - 06:45 PM, said:

Would this be the "democracy" promoted by the probably soon to be late Mr. Morsi? I believe he was all for press freedom.
he was dumb as well trying to seize all power to him self and his group.. but elected none the less
you see the problem in middle east is they NEVER learn
once they see the throne of power they want to sink their teeth in it and eat it all
will they ever learn to let opposition rule along some them NO !
would the opposition let them rule along side them ? NO !

each team just want to play solo .. no rest will come that way

#10    Wickian

Wickian

Doppelganger

• 3,900 posts

• Save it for Queen Doppelpoppellus!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:14 PM

This whole issue probably isn't going to get resolved without a lot of violence, there seem to be two very different populations.  Those who want a religious government and those who don't.  Both seem to be willing to revolt to prevent the other from taking control and military is stuck in the middle.

#11    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:17 PM

View PostWickian, on 08 July 2013 - 09:14 PM, said:

This whole issue probably isn't going to get resolved without a lot of violence, there seem to be two very different populations.  Those who want a religious government and those who don't.  Both seem to be willing to revolt to prevent the other from taking control and military is stuck in the middle.
actually the military no longer stuck in the middle .. which is the dangerous fact
military has taken side .. a big mistake and deadly one
one that could lead the country into bloodbath

i mean why on earth would military take side
if they left morsi opposition protest longer they will eventally have brought him down
but since they interfered it made the matter more dangerous
specially after they start killed pro morsi protestors

#12    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,779 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:25 PM

View PostKnight Of Shadows, on 08 July 2013 - 07:50 PM, said:

military who's place " Should " be in inbetween to break them off .. is taking a side
From how it's been reported here, the side the military is taking is "the vox populi", which although not exactly the military's role, it's a sign that Egypt mightn't be heading down the Pakistan/Fiji route just yet.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#13    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:00 PM

View PostSir Wearer of Hats, on 08 July 2013 - 09:25 PM, said:

From how it's been reported here, the side the military is taking is "the vox populi", which although not exactly the military's role, it's a sign that Egypt mightn't be heading down the Pakistan/Fiji route just yet.
it may appear that way .. but it's taking the " vox populi " path against other " vox populi " :D
a matter of politics should have been settled with politics as long both sides were allowed to demonstrate . protest and practice their rights
now it's different with only taking one side of people it will cause rage i've already seen it in people's speeches

specially after military shoot down 42 or so of the other side of people whom protesting
now each one of these people has at least family or friends of 10 who are willing to take action against military
then those get killed another rise .. i always say it's endless to fight civilians .. they keep on coming :D

egypt surroundings , demographic and groups build is differnet
it won't be long before an outrage by muslim community against the military
and if military won't step down they're going on it in force
it's a mistake .. military should always stay on it's job .. that's protect the country
as long as both parties were able to express their thoughts , desires , and opinions the country is just fine
but when you take down part and favor another .this is when things get ugly

i hope am wrong but it may seems the country on verge of breakin down and bloodbath civil war
coz of one very dumb and stupid military leader
and if it happens it won't only split the popluation of the country .. it will also split it's military
and you can imagin what that means

#14    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Mainly Spherical in Shape

• 25,063 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:41 AM

View PostKnight Of Shadows, on 08 July 2013 - 07:55 PM, said:

he was dumb as well trying to seize all power to him self and his group.. but elected none the less
you see the problem in middle east is they NEVER learn
once they see the throne of power they want to sink their teeth in it and eat it all
will they ever learn to let opposition rule along some them NO !
would the opposition let them rule along side them ? NO !

each team just want to play solo .. no rest will come that way
Well, exactly. That's how revolutions have always been, isn't it. Even if someone is "Democratically" elected, it really doesn't make any difference than it would if he seized power in a Coup, since they all just want power. Countries with established systems of "democracy" like W. Europe and, so far at least, the U.S., have systems to keep this under control, like (in the U.S.) setting time limits ont he term someone can be President, but in places that there's no tradition of Democracy, then they'll be just as bad as the dictators they replaced and really, the people will accept it, as that's just the way it's always been.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#15    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:16 AM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 09 July 2013 - 06:41 AM, said:

Well, exactly. That's how revolutions have always been, isn't it. Even if someone is "Democratically" elected, it really doesn't make any difference than it would if he seized power in a Coup, since they all just want power. Countries with established systems of "democracy" like W. Europe and, so far at least, the U.S., have systems to keep this under control, like (in the U.S.) setting time limits ont he term someone can be President, but in places that there's no tradition of Democracy, then they'll be just as bad as the dictators they replaced and really, the people will accept it, as that's just the way it's always been.
because in usa and europe people have learned how to co-exist peacefully
beside democratic systems in usa and europe has been going on for a while . people got used to it
it's like hey .. we didn't win this election we'll win coming next elections
and power has been passing down by generations in usa for example .. republicans .. democrates

democratic system in middle east is a newborn with 10000 birth defections :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users