Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Gun control originally for repressing blacks

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#1    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 10,313 posts

• Take 3 deep breaths

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:12 PM

From the article:

[The history of gun control in America] was a constant pressure among white racists to keep guns out of the hands of African-Americans, because they would rise up and revolt.
The KKK began as a gun-control organization. Before the Civil War, blacks were never allowed to own guns. During the Civil War, blacks kept guns for the first time – either they served in the Union army and they were allowed to keep their guns, or they buy guns on the open market where for the first time there’s hundreds of thousands of guns flooding the marketplace after the war ends. So they arm up because they know who they’re dealing with in the South. White racists do things like pass laws to disarm them, but that’s not really going to work. So they form these racist posses all over the South to go out at night in large groups to terrorize blacks and take those guns away. If blacks were disarmed, they couldn’t fight back.

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2013/02/gun-control-was-historically-about-represssing-blacks.html

Very interesting and informative.  Please read the article.

#2    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 5,685 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

Before the Civil War, blacks were never allowed to own guns.

How times have changed!

But as for the white racist bit, at the time yes, but this does not explain the BLACK ON BLACK crimes today. They can`t blame the white racists of the past for "making" them shoot each other today!

Edited by freetoroam, 21 February 2013 - 05:16 PM.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#3    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 10,313 posts

• Take 3 deep breaths

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:25 PM

Yes, but the point of the artlice based on research of a UCLA professor is that gun control in the USA is about repression of those at the bottom so those at the top can feel safe.  Also that gun control was (and will be) applied unequally.

#4    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,539 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:29 PM

These days in the UK, they're almost the only people with them!

(Just another 'only whites can be racists' article) Nothing new there.

"G a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnwan n gef!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".

"I was born with a priceless gift - the ability to laugh at other peoples' troubles" - Dame Edna Everage

#5    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 5,685 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:30 PM

View PostOverSword, on 21 February 2013 - 05:25 PM, said:

Yes, but the point of the artlice based on research of a UCLA professor is that gun control in the USA is about repression of those at the bottom so those at the top can feel safe.  Also that gun control was (and will be) applied unequally.
Not sure what you mean by those at the top?
I do see what you are saying about what the whites were doing back then, but today?

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#6    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sempere aude

• 2,511 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

Well, naturally. Who would arm their slaves? Especially if they are being treated as most of them were back then.

#7    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 9,545 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

View Postealdwita, on 21 February 2013 - 05:29 PM, said:

From a professor at UCLA?  Crazy talk!!!

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

#8    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 10,313 posts

• Take 3 deep breaths

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:37 PM

View Postealdwita, on 21 February 2013 - 05:29 PM, said:

These days in the UK, they're almost the only people with them!

Not at all.  Perhaps you could click the link and read the article.

#9    Iron_Lotus

Iron_Lotus

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts

• I see shadows on the road again wonder if they coming for my soul. I get trapped up in this mode I'm in and will I every grow old.

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:38 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 21 February 2013 - 05:16 PM, said:

How times have changed!

But as for the white racist bit, at the time yes, but this does not explain the BLACK ON BLACK crimes today. They can`t blame the white racists of the past for "making" them shoot each other today!

no but we can put some blame on the white folks cutting funding of schools building up ****ty projects and running coke and crack through the ghettos and making a killing off their prison systems as they watch them kill one another.

#10    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,539 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:42 PM

View PostOverSword, on 21 February 2013 - 05:37 PM, said:

Not at all.  Perhaps you could click the link and read the article.

Tried it again... still seems the same to me, sorry.

"G a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnwan n gef!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".

"I was born with a priceless gift - the ability to laugh at other peoples' troubles" - Dame Edna Everage

#11    aztek

aztek

Government Agent

• 4,354 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:45 PM

View PostIron_Lotus, on 21 February 2013 - 05:38 PM, said:

no but we can put some blame on the white folks cutting funding of schools building up ****ty projects and running coke and crack through the ghettos and making a killing off their prison systems as they watch them kill one another.

bull crap.

it isn't whites that run coke and crack through the ghettos ,  i live next to them, for 20 years, the only white ppl there are the cops, or dopeheads. white dealers don't deal there, just like black dealers don't run coke in white clubs, and hoods.   come and see for yourself. no one forces them to snort, neither white man nor blacks, but you still see it white mans fault?

so withe folks build projects, provided blacks, (yes  blacks are majority who lives there), with highly subsidised housing, for 1\3 the price they would pay otherwise, and it is still whites man fault???

are you seriuos???? you sound like racist

Edited by aztek, 21 February 2013 - 06:05 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#12    Iron_Lotus

Iron_Lotus

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts

• I see shadows on the road again wonder if they coming for my soul. I get trapped up in this mode I'm in and will I every grow old.

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:49 PM

i could ask you the exact same question lol.

edit: C.I.A - Crack In America ;)

oh and when did i say there were no schools by projects, i believe i said cutting funding of schools im almost posistive i did hold on two seconds.... yep thats what i said, hold on ill check one more time for you... mhmm hasnt changed.

Edited by Iron_Lotus, 21 February 2013 - 06:01 PM.

#13    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sempere aude

• 2,511 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:58 PM

View Postaztek, on 21 February 2013 - 05:45 PM, said:

bull crap.

it isn't whites that run coke and crack through the ghettos ,  i live next to them, for 20 years, the only white ppl there are the cops, or dopeheads. white dealers don't deal there, just like black dealers don't run coke in white clubs, and hoods.   come and see for yourself.

as for schools, another bull crap, there are many schools around projects, again come here, and see for yourself.

why would you talk about something you have no idea about???
The question that has to be asked in these cases is: Where do the drugs come from? Of course do those people choose dealers that blend well with the environment.

#14    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 5,685 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:01 PM

View PostIron_Lotus, on 21 February 2013 - 05:38 PM, said:

What?  cutting fundings only affected black people did it?

Are you saying the whites forced the coke and crack on the blacks?

Are you saying the whites forced the blacks to kill each other?

Are you saying the blacks did not have the brains to see what you allege the whites were doing to them?

I think you should rethink what you have just put here....if I was black I would be extremely offended that you think i was that backward to allow the white man to do this to me by force!!!

The white man can NOT be blamed for the black man to kill another black man.

White people also have killed other white folk, we would not blame the black man for that!

ps: peace.

Edited by freetoroam, 21 February 2013 - 06:03 PM.

#15    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 10,313 posts

• Take 3 deep breaths

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

View Postaztek, on 21 February 2013 - 05:45 PM, said:

bull crap.

it isn't whites that run coke and crack through the ghettos ,  i live next to them, for 20 years, the only white ppl there are the cops, or dopeheads. white dealers don't deal there, just like black dealers don't run coke in white clubs, and hoods.   come and see for yourself.

as for schools, another bull crap, there are many schools around projects, again come here, and see for yourself.

why would you talk about something you have no idea about???
If you do a little research on the subject you will find that Iron_lotus's CIA statement is accurate.  The CIA have been smuggling drugs for years to fund themselves beyond thier budget.  Why do you think American soldiers guard poppy fields after the taliban had virtually wiped poppies out?
Posted Image

Edited by OverSword, 21 February 2013 - 06:05 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users