Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Meth's devastating effects

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#16    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

At the risk of looking ignorant what is SSRI's?

Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors.

Basically antidepressants. Paxil, Prozac, and numerous others being peddled to kids and adults. I believe almost 100% of the recent mass shootings were individuals prescribed these medications. It is a known side effect that thoughts of suicide or homicide can occur in children on these drugs and some adults and they continue to peddle it like its candy.

#17    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,553 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:39 PM

Heisenberg makes the best meth.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#18    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,401 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 03 January 2013 - 07:35 PM, said:

Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors.

Basically antidepressants. Paxil, Prozac, and numerous others being peddled to kids and adults. I believe almost 100% of the recent mass shootings were individuals prescribed these medications. It is a known side effect that thoughts of suicide or homicide can occur in children on these drugs and some adults and they continue to peddle it like its candy.
Thanks for answering that question.  I knew someone that was taking Prozac and it did seem to change her.  She didn't take it long.  Many of the prescription drugs can have some bad side effects.  Sometimes the cure can be as bad as the disease.

#19    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:19 AM

View PostHilander, on 03 January 2013 - 07:31 PM, said:

My next question was going to be does other countries have a problem with this drug like the US does?  I guess its everywhere.

Yes seems like it's everywhere nowadays, unfortunately. I haven't really noticed any crime from it, just the labs being discovered or exploding. But definitely it has gone up in the past year.

I do know one guy I went to high school with. I had heard he got into dealing it but didn't think much of it, until i saw him recently and you could see he had changed a bit.

Plus in the north-west of Australia there are huge mining and gas projects going on, billions of dollars coming out of that region. All these companies offer fly in - fly out work plans, where people from pretty much any work field (building and construction/ engineering/ hospitality/ pretty much any field) will be flown up there free of charge to work. They usually have shifts of two weeks on one week off, earning crazy amounts of money. But the problem is they have very strict drug rules, drug tests every time you go up there, so a lot of the workers smoke meth because they know it will be out of their system by the time they start the new shift, unlike marijuana.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#20    Walter White

Walter White

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 139 posts
  • Location:United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

• "He will regret it but once, and that will be continuously." - J.E.B. Stuart

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:11 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 03 January 2013 - 07:39 PM, said:

Heisenberg makes the best meth.
You're god damn right!

"I can anticipate no greater calamity for the country than the dissolution of the Union.  It would be an accumulation of all the evils we complain of, and I am willing to sacrifice everything but honor for it's preservation." - General Robert E. Lee

"I think I understand what military fame is; to be killed on the field of battle and have your name misspelled in the newspapers." - Major General William Tecumseh Sherman

#21    Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

Facebook Fiend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

• Your blood's worth bottling!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:22 AM

Here's me thinking injecting yourself with heroin was sordid....

It's just a mere amateur in the how deprived you can get stakes.

I'm not joking because I look like an oil painting compared with these people.
Tbh if the UK has a problem with crystral meth it's being kept hidden.
I'll just have to look out for exploding squats on the news...

Edited by Medium Brown, 05 January 2013 - 10:46 AM.

Swindon Town:  Division Two Champions 2011-12.
Proud member of Macdonald's Red Army since 1989.
Up the Robins!

#22    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,401 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

All I can say is if your smart you will leave the meth alone.  I can't find an article that supports this but I have heard or read somewhere that cooking meth will give you lung cancer fast.

#23    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

View PostHilander, on 03 January 2013 - 08:00 PM, said:

Thanks for answering that question.  I knew someone that was taking Prozac and it did seem to change her.  She didn't take it long.  Many of the prescription drugs can have some bad side effects.  Sometimes the cure can be as bad as the disease.

Prescription drugs are bad full stop.

They are made by companies who do not care about people, only money.

new report bout Bayer pharmaceuticals who make most of the prescription drugs and over the counter things like Rennie's and pain killers etc:

They got away with that as well. :td:

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#24    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,048 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

View PostCoffey, on 08 January 2013 - 07:54 PM, said:

Prescription drugs are bad full stop.

They are made by companies who do not care about people, only money.
Spoken like *SNIP* 'someone' who's life doesn't depend on medication.

Edited by Lilly, 10 January 2013 - 02:17 PM.
removed ad hom

#25    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:06 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 10 January 2013 - 02:03 PM, said:

Spoken like someone who's life doesn't depend on medication.

Look at my evidence. ^

If you just ignore that then I'm certainly not the one who is an idiot.

Stupid is not looking into things yourself. If most medication is synthetic versions of natural ingredients then why not jsut use the natural one? Yeah I'm healthy because I educate myself of nature.

Chemo sure as hell didn't do anything for my sister. I also know for a fact chemo was the cause of death of someone else I know.

Edited by Lilly, 10 January 2013 - 02:18 PM.
fixed quote

#26    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,048 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:12 PM

View PostCoffey, on 10 January 2013 - 02:06 PM, said:

Look at my evidence. ^
Why aren't you listing all the evidence of lives that have been saved? Because your evidence is nothing more than confirmation bias.

Stupid is not looking into things yourself. If most medication is synthetic versions of natural ingredients then why not jsut use the natural one? Yeah I'm healthy because I educate myself of nature.

Chemo sure as hell didn't do anything for my sister. I also know for a fact chemo was the cause of death of someone else I know.
When you've got HIV or a life threating parasitic infection, come back and b**** about how evil prescription medication is.

#27    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,166 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:21 PM

Drugs like insulin, cardiac medications, antibiotics have saved the live of countless people. There are most certainly bad medications, but on the whole street drugs taken for recreational purposes are far more dangerous.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#28    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

View PostLilly, on 10 January 2013 - 02:21 PM, said:

Drugs like insulin, cardiac medications, antibiotics have saved the live of countless people. There are most certainly bad medications, but on the whole street drugs taken for recreational purposes are far more dangerous.

So using a clean needle and injecting Heroin once is worse than taking a pharmaceutical drug once that gave you HIV?

People really need to wake up to this stuff.

These companies only care about profit and are usually part of the cause. Pharmaceutical drugs kill far more people than street drugs. The msot common cause of death in the US is from suicide from taking pharmaceutical drugs.

View PostRlyeh, on 10 January 2013 - 02:12 PM, said:

Why aren't you listing all the evidence of lives that have been saved? Because your evidence is nothing more than confirmation bias.

When you've got HIV or a life threating parasitic infection, come back and b**** about how evil prescription medication is.

My evidence shows that Bayer pharmaceuticals sold pharmaceutical drugs KNOWING they where contaminated with HIV. So thta proves they care more about profit. If they cared more about peoples lives they wouldn't have sold it would they?! OBVIOUSLY.

Your second point makes me laugh the most as the reason HIV is such a problem (especially in Africa) is due to Bayer pharmaceuticals. (As my evidence above points out) Luckily though they do supply medication for it as well..... Hmmmm :whistle:

Edited by Coffey, 10 January 2013 - 05:17 PM.

#29    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,048 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:40 PM

View PostCoffey, on 10 January 2013 - 05:16 PM, said:

My evidence shows that Bayer pharmaceuticals sold pharmaceutical drugs KNOWING they where contaminated with HIV. So thta proves they care more about profit. If they cared more about peoples lives they wouldn't have sold it would they?! OBVIOUSLY.
Your evidence shows you don't think before you speak. Prescription drugs are bad because a pharmaceutical company sold contaminated products? Wonderful demonstration of logic there.

*snip*

Edited by Saru, 10 January 2013 - 06:16 PM.
Removed personal attack

#30    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 10 January 2013 - 05:40 PM, said:

Your evidence shows you don't think before you speak. Prescription drugs are bad because a pharmaceutical company sold contaminated products? Wonderful demonstration of logic there.

*snip*

A LEADING pharmaceutical company who supplies most of the world with prescription pharmaceutical drugs and over the counter remedies/medication.

*snip*

Edited by Saru, 10 January 2013 - 06:17 PM.
Removed reciprocation of deleted personal attack

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users