Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Babuska Lady JFK assassination ?

Alan McDougall

blmuchmore-1-tm.jpg?resize=350%2C243

The unsolved mystery of the famous Babuska Lady

This lady was photographed, taking a photos from a viewpoint almost next the the presidential car at the moment of JFK murder.assassination.

There has been all sorts of speculation about who she really was, the CIA and FBI could not track her down or the local police for that matter.

Could she have been a time traveler from the future, etc?

Considering she has not come forward.....later on in the future to say it was her, NO.

her coat would look pretty dated today.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 2

A frumpily-dressed tourist or local trying to get a snapshot of the president while he tooled through Dealey Plaza. . . . What's the punchline? There is none.

blmuchmore-1-tm.jpg?resize=350%2C243

The unsolved mystery of the famous Babuska Lady

This lady was photographed, taking a photos from a viewpoint almost next the the presidential car at the moment of JFK murder.assassination.

There has been all sorts of speculation about who she really was, the CIA and FBI could not track her down or the local police for that matter.

Could she have been a time traveler from the future, etc?

That's a bit of a leap don't you think? Why would anyone even think to draw that conclusion?

I don't even get why she's called the "Babuska Lady" - she simply had a hair bonnet on. My grandmother used to wear them all of the time on windy days.

Edited by Rafterman
  • Like 4

That's a bit of a leap don't you think? Why would anyone even think to draw that conclusion?

I don't even get why she's called the "Babuska Lady" - she simply had a hair bonnet on. My grandmother used to wear them all of the time on windy days.

Because hair bonnet just doesn't have the ring of conspiracy.

• Like 4

I've never heard of this woman til now so I decided to look it up on Wikipedia. While many may disregard the validity of anything on Wikipedia, in this case I'm likely to believe it over a time traveling idea. The mystery is not in her presence, but in her apparent oblivious response to shots being fired. Everyone around her was ducking for cover and she just stood there taking photos.

Also according to this same entry, a woman came forward in 1970 claiming to be the woman. There are two books written about the Kennedy assassination which mention her: Crossfire: The Plot that Killed Kennedy, by Jim Marrs and The Men Who Killed Kennedy, Part 2, "The Forces of Darkness" by Nigel Turner.

And like Rafterman's grandmother, my grandmother and at least one of my aunts often wore a hair bonnet for the same reason: to prevent it from getting mussed by wind. She also wore one often on rainy days.

• Like 1

Also according to this same entry, a woman came forward in 1970 claiming to be the woman.

Well i am going to claim I was that woman. Look, here is my proof, I have a whole collection of them for all my trips through time:

4750.jpg

• Like 1

Don't have any idea who she could be. As a little girl I would sometimes wear a head scarf like that woman in the photo. Momma would call me her little Babuska.

It means I think in russian ,little grandmother. Why did she use the term? Well because momma was hungarian,and many older women in Eastern Europe wear them all the time. Her grandmother and great aunts wore them,and maybe that's what I reminded her of.

Perhaps the woman simply passed away before all the big 'hub-bub' and conspiracy notions about the assassination came forth? At the time no one I knew of was claiming there was any kind of conspiracy. I was 10 and have a pretty good memory of that time period. The conspiracy ideas began to take place several years later.

• Like 2

This is the sort of CT that gives CT's a bad name.

• Like 1

This is the sort of CT that gives CT's a bad name.

Yeah, but was great news for the rain bonnet market............Ahhh, I wonder if they started it? :yes: this is no time traveler, it was clever marketing skills.

• Like 1

I've never heard of this woman til now so I decided to look it up on Wikipedia. While many may disregard the validity of anything on Wikipedia, in this case I'm likely to believe it over a time traveling idea. The mystery is not in her presence, but in her apparent oblivious response to shots being fired. Everyone around her was ducking for cover and she just stood there taking photos.

Also according to this same entry, a woman came forward in 1970 claiming to be the woman. There are two books written about the Kennedy assassination which mention her: Crossfire: The Plot that Killed Kennedy, by Jim Marrs and The Men Who Killed Kennedy, Part 2, "The Forces of Darkness" by Nigel Turner.

And like Rafterman's grandmother, my grandmother and at least one of my aunts often wore a hair bonnet for the same reason: to prevent it from getting mussed by wind. She also wore one often on rainy days.

That's still pretty thin - there are all kinds of reasons why she would take photos instead of ducking for cover that don't include time traveler.

She may have been deaf, or was so caught up in the fanfare and noise surrounding the event that the gunshots did not register as what they were - she might have thought it was part of the procession, some type of fireworks or something. Heck, there are alot of reasons why she wouldn't behave as others did that are not nefarious, people can get themselves into states where they are completely oblivious to what is happening around them when they are focused, maybe taking the "perfect photo" was a big deal to her.

Anyway, I think too much is being made of something that was a perfectly normal sight at such an event - the whole "babushka" idea is really OTT, there is nothing foreign about her get up or demeanor for that time in history.

Apparently, there were a lot of mysterious figures that had a front row seat that day. Umbrella man seems to be the most interesting as it was suggested that he was signalling the shooter(s) by opening and closing his umbrella. There was blue raincoat lady and several guys in suits that were standing still taking pictures during the shooting. Then, there was the creepy dude running away and the truck with the cover in one picture and then from another source, a guy was in the bed of the truck... Weird stuff... I wonder if that day felt like 9-11 in that it was really a beautiful day but something felt weird about it from the beginning...

There were more than one false leads at Dealy Plaza that day besides the Babushka Lady.

1. the Umbrella Man, who went right up to the sidewalk as the limo passed by, just before shots rang out, and waved his umbrella in the air. IMO, that was done to draw attention. Then, stories were written (by CIA undercover writers, I believe) that made him look like a suspect, to keep CT people from looking for real suspects.

post-124371-0-80779100-1409116551_thumb.

2. The three hobos, or tramps. These three hobos had their pictures taken, they looked very very close to being three known US intel figures, one of whom was Hunt, to make it look like certain rogue elements took out Kennedy, and clearly was a rouse to draw suspicion on the wrong people - again, for the sake of giving CT-ers another false lead to consider.

post-124371-0-47865700-1409117089_thumb.

3. Recorded gunfire being played near the grassy knoll, again, draw attention away from the real assassins, who shot, btw, with silenced weapons!

The Babushka lady's angle...?

Well, at that time (1963) anti Soviet feelings were very high. That is why American Intel had Oswald sheep dipped by as a Soviet sympathizer by having him live in Russia for a year and come home married to a Russian woman. So, in line with that thinking, getting a nasty suspicious Ruskie person in the mix was a good idea to giving CT-ers another false lead to distract them.

Can you tell that the JFK assassination was constructed by some very intelligent people?

• Like 1

There were more than one false leads at Dealy Plaza that day besides the Babushka Lady.

1. the Umbrella Man, who went right up to the sidewalk as the limo passed by, just before shots rang out, and waved his umbrella in the air. IMO, that was done to draw attention. Then, stories were written (by CIA undercover writers, I believe) that made him look like a suspect, to keep CT people from looking for real suspects.

post-124371-0-80779100-1409116551_thumb.

Or perhaps he was simply waving at the President?

• 2 weeks later...

My question is where are the pictures she took? Close up, good angle, maybe the pictures were confiscated by certain elements that would rather they never surfaced. Maybe it could have proved, or disproved some of the theory's surrounding the assassination.