Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

What is the Name of the Most High God?

jehovah? allah? el? yahwey? yaya?

  • Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#61    Taun

Taun

    A dashing moose about town...

  • Member
  • 6,636 posts
  • Joined:19 May 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tornado Alley (Oklahoma)

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:18 PM

Since everything I was taught as a child said that God reads your thoughts and intentions and judges us by them as much as by our actions (perhaps more so even)...And knows what you truly feel and mean... It doesn't really matter what name a person calls God by... It's the intent that counts....


So I guess Fred is as good a name as any....


.... or Bob....


#62    Muzzybluezzy

Muzzybluezzy

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 71 posts
  • Joined:20 Oct 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Turkey

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:44 PM

View PostMuzzybluezzy, on 27 November 2012 - 03:02 AM, said:

Elohim is God's known name (Elohim means "holy unity" or "divine ruling". The word Allah comes from "Eloh", JHWH and other names are components of Elohim).
+

also I want to share a quote about God, I hope this quote helps y'all ;)

Posted Image


"-The essence of each Path is to be found in the fact that it connects two of the
Sephiroth, and we can only understand its significance by taking into account the nature
of the linked Spheres upon the Tree. But a Sephirab cannot be understood upon a single
planc; it has a fourfold nature. The Qabalists express this by saying that there are four
worlds:  

Atziluth, the Archetypal World, or World of Emanations; the Divine World.  
Briah, the World of Creation, also called Khorsia, the World of Thrones.  
Yetzirah, the World of Formation and of Angels.  
Assiah, the World of Action; the World of Matter.  
(See MacGregor Mathers, The Qabalah Unveiled.)

-The Ten Holy Sephiroth are held to have each its own point of contact with each of
the four Worlds of the Qabalists. In the Atziluthic World they manifest through the Ten
Holy Names of God; in other words, the Great Unmanifest, shadowed forth through the
Three Negative Veils of Existence which hang behind the Crown, declares itself in
manifestation as ten different aspects which are represented by the different names used
to denote Deity in the Hebrew Scriptures. These are variously rendered in the Authorised
Version, and a knowledge of their true significance and the spheres to which they belong
enables us to read many of the riddles of the Old Testament.  

- In the Briatic World the Divine Emanations are held to manifest through the Ten
Mighty Archangels, whose names play such an important part in ceremonial magic; it is
the worn and effaced remnants of these Words of Power that are the "barbarous names of
evocation" of mediaeval magic, not one letter of which may be changed." Why this is so
may readily be seen when we remember that in Hebrew a letter is also a number, and the
numbers of a Name have an important significance.  

- In the Yetziratic World the Divine Emanations manifest, not through a single Being,
but through different types of beings, which are called the Angelic Hosts or Choirs.  

-The Assiatic World is not, strictly speaking, the World of Matter when viewed from
the Sephirotic standpoint, but rather the Lower Astral and Etheric Planes which, together,
form the background of matter. Upon the physical plane the Divine Emanations manifrst
through what may not inapdy be called the Ten Mundane Chakras, likening these centres
of manifestation to the centres that exist in the human body, an exact analogy. These
Chakras are the Primum Mobile or First Swirlings, the Sphere of the Zodiac, the seven
planets, and the Elements taken together-ten in all.  

- It will be seen from the foregoing that each Sephirah will therefore consist, firstly, of
its Mundane Chakra; secondly, of an angelic host of beings, Devas or Archons,
Principalities or Powers, according to the terminology used; thirdly, an Arch-angelic
Consciousness, or Throne; and fourthly, a special aspect of the Deity. God as He is, in
His entirety, being hidden behind the Negative Veils of Existence, incomprehensible to
unenlightened human consciousness... "

Dion Fortune's “Mystical Qabalah”
from chapter 4, the title is "THE UNWRITTEN QABALAH"
http://gnosticfellow...ah/mystical.pdf


#63    _Only

_Only

  • Member
  • 6,680 posts
  • Joined:24 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Northern California

  • Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:48 AM

If Chong was a god, he'd probably be the most high god.

Posted Image

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#64    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

  • Member
  • 4,071 posts
  • Joined:21 Jun 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:in the ground

  • Hi! :-)

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:56 AM

View PostTaun, on 28 November 2012 - 03:18 PM, said:

Since everything I was taught as a child said that God reads your thoughts and intentions and judges us by them as much as by our actions (perhaps more so even)...And knows what you truly feel and mean... It doesn't really matter what name a person calls God by... It's the intent that counts....


So I guess Fred is as good a name as any....


.... or Bob....

Fred or Bob? lol

lol, hey Fred.....

I'm with you on intent

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#65    KrowMax

KrowMax

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 103 posts
  • Joined:02 Jan 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Inside The Cave..

  • Evil Listen To Evil Ideas And Liars Listen To Lies

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:23 AM

View PostSpiritWriter, on 08 October 2012 - 05:15 AM, said:

???????????

Should there be a long question to this introduction?
We are all humans on a journey, we are in our beliefs... what are they? Some are multi-theists.. is there a highest God? What is the name of this most high god. Are there many different names for the same concept/entity?

We have different perceptions, lets explore them. What is the name of your most high God.

I call my God: God
The "I Am"



It is Clear the Jethro the Midian said to Moses that our god is the same the most high god with no name...Jethro is a great great great grandson of Abraham..

                             Evil Person Listen To Evil Ideas And Liars Listen To Lies

#66    KrowMax

KrowMax

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 103 posts
  • Joined:02 Jan 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Inside The Cave..

  • Evil Listen To Evil Ideas And Liars Listen To Lies

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:26 AM

It is Clear in the Exodus that Jethro said to Moses that there god is same the most high god with no name..We Know that jethro is Great Great Great Grandson Of Abraham by his second wife Kethura.

                             Evil Person Listen To Evil Ideas And Liars Listen To Lies

#67    Norbert the Incredible

Norbert the Incredible

    A bit dull

  • Member
  • 27,098 posts
  • Joined:09 May 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Ministry of Love

  • Vampires are people too.

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:45 AM

View PostKrowMax, on 13 December 2012 - 07:26 AM, said:

It is Clear in the Exodus that Jethro said to Moses that there god is same the most high god with no name..We Know that jethro is Great Great Great Grandson Of Abraham by his second wife Kethura.
The God with no name..
Posted Image

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.


:cat:


#68    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  • Joined:26 Jul 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Free America

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:21 AM

Enki... an god from Sumerian Religion.

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

#69    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 16,734 posts
  • Joined:09 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:Australia

  • Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:27 AM

View PostSpiritWriter, on 27 November 2012 - 07:00 PM, said:

Douglas Adams must have had a great epiphany for that to make sense, probably comes with loads of text for explanation.
In the middle of the book you would probably say, hmmm, I kind of get what he's talking about, but at the end you would say, thats a bunch of bull. I am just guessing.... First I ever heard of it. But surely it is a divine number. So are these: 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 12, 23, 2000, 2012, 2125, 0, infinity (probably more!!)
I am pretty sure this was a joke. Agent Mulder's apartment in the x files was number 42; a sort of "in joke" on  Adam's earlier one.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#70    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 16,734 posts
  • Joined:09 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:Australia

  • Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:32 AM

View Postiforgot, on 28 November 2012 - 04:20 AM, said:

Why would you apply human attributes to whatever created us? That's a very egotistical, human-centered way of thinking.

On the other hand anything taking the trouble to create us probably created us "like" itself. Just as we will create artificial intelligence modelled on our own form of intelligence. Not much point in creating a sapient species which is incapable of intelligent communication with you. :innocent:

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#71    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 16,734 posts
  • Joined:09 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:Australia

  • Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:37 AM

I call dog, god; but then I am dyslexic. My god gets very confused at feeding time.  :devil:

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#72    KrowMax

KrowMax

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 103 posts
  • Joined:02 Jan 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Inside The Cave..

  • Evil Listen To Evil Ideas And Liars Listen To Lies

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:21 AM

View Post747400, on 13 December 2012 - 07:45 AM, said:

The God with no name..
Posted Image

View Post747400, on 13 December 2012 - 07:45 AM, said:

The God with no name..
Posted Image


Correct me if i'm wrong...But it is what i read...^_^

                             Evil Person Listen To Evil Ideas And Liars Listen To Lies

#73    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

  • Member
  • 4,071 posts
  • Joined:21 Jun 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:in the ground

  • Hi! :-)

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:45 PM

View PostMuzzybluezzy, on 28 November 2012 - 04:44 PM, said:


+

also I want to share a quote about God, I hope this quote helps y'all ;)

Posted Image


"-The essence of each Path is to be found in the fact that it connects two of the
Sephiroth, and we can only understand its significance by taking into account the nature
of the linked Spheres upon the Tree. But a Sephirab cannot be understood upon a single
planc; it has a fourfold nature. The Qabalists express this by saying that there are four
worlds:  

Atziluth, the Archetypal World, or World of Emanations; the Divine World.  
Briah, the World of Creation, also called Khorsia, the World of Thrones.  
Yetzirah, the World of Formation and of Angels.  
Assiah, the World of Action; the World of Matter.  
(See MacGregor Mathers, The Qabalah Unveiled.)

-The Ten Holy Sephiroth are held to have each its own point of contact with each of
the four Worlds of the Qabalists. In the Atziluthic World they manifest through the Ten
Holy Names of God; in other words, the Great Unmanifest, shadowed forth through the
Three Negative Veils of Existence which hang behind the Crown, declares itself in
manifestation as ten different aspects which are represented by the different names used
to denote Deity in the Hebrew Scriptures. These are variously rendered in the Authorised
Version, and a knowledge of their true significance and the spheres to which they belong
enables us to read many of the riddles of the Old Testament.  

- In the Briatic World the Divine Emanations are held to manifest through the Ten
Mighty Archangels, whose names play such an important part in ceremonial magic; it is
the worn and effaced remnants of these Words of Power that are the "barbarous names of
evocation" of mediaeval magic, not one letter of which may be changed." Why this is so
may readily be seen when we remember that in Hebrew a letter is also a number, and the
numbers of a Name have an important significance.  

- In the Yetziratic World the Divine Emanations manifest, not through a single Being,
but through different types of beings, which are called the Angelic Hosts or Choirs.  

-The Assiatic World is not, strictly speaking, the World of Matter when viewed from
the Sephirotic standpoint, but rather the Lower Astral and Etheric Planes which, together,
form the background of matter. Upon the physical plane the Divine Emanations manifrst
through what may not inapdy be called the Ten Mundane Chakras, likening these centres
of manifestation to the centres that exist in the human body, an exact analogy. These
Chakras are the Primum Mobile or First Swirlings, the Sphere of the Zodiac, the seven
planets, and the Elements taken together-ten in all.  

- It will be seen from the foregoing that each Sephirah will therefore consist, firstly, of
its Mundane Chakra; secondly, of an angelic host of beings, Devas or Archons,
Principalities or Powers, according to the terminology used; thirdly, an Arch-angelic
Consciousness, or Throne; and fourthly, a special aspect of the Deity. God as He is, in
His entirety, being hidden behind the Negative Veils of Existence, incomprehensible to
unenlightened human consciousness... "

Dion Fortune's “Mystical Qabalah”
from chapter 4, the title is "THE UNWRITTEN QABALAH"
http://gnosticfellow...ah/mystical.pdf


Thank you for sharing... I have recently started studying bits about Kabbalah teaching and very much appreciate it's roots and the esoterically applications that I can see from it so far... It just reminds me so much, that growing closer to God takes 'soul work' and that these applications from their various sources influence us over time in their understanding, just as our application of them does. When compiled we do see the bigger picture, god does become more central for us and we see him more clearly as a natural and necessary part of our own growth toward the heavenlies, enlightenment, the mystery, etc... I hope what you shared may encourage someone to look at Kabbalah..

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#74    Muzzybluezzy

Muzzybluezzy

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 71 posts
  • Joined:20 Oct 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Turkey

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:29 AM

View PostSpiritWriter, on 13 December 2012 - 04:45 PM, said:

Thank you for sharing... I have recently started studying bits about Kabbalah teaching and very much appreciate it's roots and the esoterically applications that I can see from it so far... It just reminds me so much, that growing closer to God takes 'soul work' and that these applications from their various sources influence us over time in their understanding, just as our application of them does. When compiled we do see the bigger picture, god does become more central for us and we see him more clearly as a natural and necessary part of our own growth toward the heavenlies, enlightenment, the mystery, etc... I hope what you shared may encourage someone to look at Kabbalah..

you are welcome Spiritwriter. I have been into esoterism for years and naturally I read books about Kabbalah or Sufism. The passage I quoted is from one of those books. I believe people should find out such things for their spiritual improving, and hence I wanted to share it (maybe some people like to read such things, might interested in those.. and so on.) By the way there is a nice site called knowledge files  for esoteric ebooks, maybe you like it.


#75    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 15,566 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:41 AM

This thread makes me wonder where "Alienated Being" is....... he ALWAYS has some input on these kinds of threads - usually derogatory - but at least dependable :tu:

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.





Also tagged with jehovah?, allah?, el?, yahwey?, yaya?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users