Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shadow Creature? ((Black Void))

DixieDust09

I don't know anything about the paranormal, and I've never really believed in it, but I don't know how else to explain what's happening? It's not my eyes, so either I've genuinely experienced something or I've cracked.

I've seen a small impossibly dark black creature, only twice. But it was so clearly wrong that I had to research... I haven't found anything, except this forum.

Each time I've seen it, it was between 5:30-7 in the morning as I was walking to work.

The first time I saw it, I was coming around the side of a building, and i noticed a small black "something" on the wall. I'd say the size was that of a small animal (maybe squirrel is a good reference), but it moved so quickly I didn't really get an idea of its body. It scurried down the wall as soon as I saw it, the only thing in front of the wall was a few flower bushes, nothing small enough for it to hide behind, but it was gone. I was so sure I'd seen something, and it was SO black, I couldn't imagine what animal it could have been so black.... but I brushed it off. I told myself it was a big spider, that the shadows were playing tricks on my eyes.

Then again this morning I was passing a line of tall (sparse, not thick at all) bushes, spaced at least 6 feet apart, and I saw it again. This time it was on the ground, and again it scurried away, but this time It was still for just long enough for me to feel like I got a good look. It was again of an undefinable shape, again, unbelievably dark black. Almost like a void of space... I can't explain. I immediately recognized it from before and when it scurried off I chased after it, but it went behind a bush and disappeared. There was no place for it to hide. It disappeared. I DEFINITELY saw this, and it was not an animal. It wasn't... Anything. I made myself late for work looking for it. I don't know what to think.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DixieDust09

• Mr.United_Nations

• toast

• Melissa40

Spider?

No. Summer school holidays.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

hello,

I too, have seen such a creature. It was about 4:45am on July 16, 2016. I had to be at work by 5:30am. I was riding my bike to grab some coffee before work really quick. So, I  was peddling as fast as my bike would carry me. It was just before dawn, and I had my headlight on. My headlight on my bike is a very very bright one. I rounded a corner to cut through an alleyway shortcut. I was going so fast that i was focusing my vision and attention on the front wheel of my bike as I started to make the turn. I remember the bright beam of the headlight shining out over the front wheel and beyond like a lighthouse beacon. I was worried about the front wheel skidding on the dirt and didn't want to crash. As I focused on my front tire and the beam of light shining out in front of me, the headlight illuminated a strange black creature that reminded me of a sea anemone or sea urchin. It was about the size of a small cocker spaniel. It had no discernable head or body that I could make out. I did see that it was covered in what looked like tentacles or weird appendages that had some little dingle ball things on the end of each of its "arms"  and it looked blacker than black in color. So dark that it appeared to have a little black cloud of filth floating around it like an aura or that pigpen kid from the Peanuts comic strip. When the light hit it, it let out a grunting snort of some strange sound that I have never heard before. To me, the creature sounded like the light either hurt it or at the very least made it mad. I got the impression that I had only seen it because I had came upon it so quickly and had surprised it before it had a chance to run or conceal itself. It freaked me out so much that I skidded to a stop. Then, the thing went straight up a six foot brick wall and disappeared. I have never seen anything alive move that quickly either. As I just stood there looking around for some sign of where it had went, I remember thinking that this must be some kinda prank perhaps. Maybe a realistic puppet on a string? However, I thoroughly checked out the entire area without finding any sign or clue of anything at all like that. It bothered me so much that when I got to work, I immediately wrote down everything I could remember noticing about the blob like creature. I have complete 100% faith that the thing I saw was a living creature of some kind. I have since wondered if it is from this dimension, or planet. It really worries me when I think about it. I set up a motion activated wireless camera in that alley. Unfortunately, somebody stole it. I feel like I should let somebody in authority know about what I saw. But without any proof, I know that my claims would be quickly dismissed as the ravings of a lunatic. I have also done extensive research on what the heck that thing could be. This forum is the only place I can find anything similar to my experience mentioned.