Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost-hunters to check out the RMS Titanic

Still Waters

A group of ghost hunters is planning a titanic mission in order to see whether the spirits of the folks who drowned on the Titanic are still haunting the site of the wreck.

In April, 20 paranormal researchers are planning a trip 960 miles off the coast of New York to the place where the ship sank in 1912 in hopes that they can scare up evidence of electronic voice phenomena, or EVP, proving the people who died left a psychic impression on the place.

The wreck happened nearly 99 years ago, but researcher and self-taught Titanic expert William Brower, who will go on the journey, believes he can find evidence the folks who died are still around in some capacity.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cigarette Smoking Man

• Akatsuki-pein

• veledran

• Tom B

Am fascinated by the Titanic, so will follow this!

Im not sure what they will find, but I wouldnt mind having a look around the ship

I've been interested in the Titanic since the early 80's, even before Robert Ballard located the wreck. mainly about the technical aspects of the ship. I am also interested to see if they find anything.

However I sure hope this outrageously expensive expedition is financed exclusively by private donations. If they want to waste that kind of money it better be somebody else's other than mine. (Ours)

If it is private donations then it's their money to waste.

Edited by Sergeant

Why do they need over $83,000 to float around in a boat? They aren't diving, they're just going to be sitting there floating.

Why do they need over $83,000 to float around in a boat? They aren't diving, they're just going to be sitting there floating.

Maybe they're taking a really big boat. I doubt they'll come up with anything unless they can rent one of those deep water subs though.

I assume they are trying to pick up residual imprints left behind, so maybe the sound the of the screams of the passengers when the ship went down. Perhaps they are hiring top of the range equipment or something as well as a reliable/suitable boat to float around in.

Maybe the same thing will happen to them, that happened to the titanic.

I've read that the traveling Titanic exhibit is haunted. Spirits attached to the stuff itself. One of those ghost shows did an investigation and I think they got a couple EVPs.

How will they get EVPs with all the water sloshing around them? It'll hardly be a quiet environment.

I've read that the traveling Titanic exhibit is haunted. Spirits attached to the stuff itself. One of those ghost shows did an investigation and I think they got a couple EVPs.

That was TAPS/Ghost Hunters in the Atlantia, Georgia Aquaium when the exhibit was there. I watched that episode.

I know that a few years ago that the Field Museum had the Titanic exhibit with that of the Eastland disaster, here in Chicago. I am a sensitive that can 'feel' spirits-I have no doubt that there is residual imprints on the personal items of the Titanic victims & that of the Eastland victims.

There was also an article that was done (not sure which local paper it was) where they spoke with the exhibition security & other personnel.... They were relating that there were unusual things that were happening with the display items & sometimes, after they closed for the night, there were noise or voices that could be heard from the exhibition area.

80K didn't seem like much to spend, until I realized that with 80K I would pay off my house and have enough left to replace the roof, doors, windows and siding.

So basically, they're going to station their boat over the spot the Titanic sank and do EVP sessions. In the meantime, they'll play songs that were heard on that night, eat the foods the passengers ate that night.

Will be interesting.

Still, were there any reports during the 99 years ships have sailed over the spot of unexplained noises? Sounds like this is just a first time ever deal and everyone's all "Hey! What if there are still residual imprints and stuff?"

Edited by TheSpookyLlama

Sounds Like a free vacation