Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost Hunters....

tahari01

My husband and I saw the very first NEW episode of Ghost Hunters the other night on tv. My husband has the dvr on series record for the show and only new shows to be recorded. We were very pleasantly surprised to find a new episode on. I just wanted to share that with those of you who like the show.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• enslavedbydragons

• Acenaspheru

• NME_locus

• tahari01

Love that show! So glad to finally see the new season on. They waited waaay too long before starting it up

I'm a big fan of Ghost Hunters. Sci fi had been running ads for a while now about the new season starting, so I was aware.

What did ya'll think of the first ep? I live in Kentucky, so I was excited about it.

I WANT a thermal cam. It's trully amazing the things they would of walked past and never of noticed w/o one of those blows my mind. Thermal cams are pretty expensive, heck that's a nice down payment on a house or buying a new car. The one they have is about 9K.

I WANT a thermal cam. It's trully amazing the things they would of walked past and never of noticed w/o one of those blows my mind. Thermal cams are pretty expensive, heck that's a nice down payment on a house or buying a new car. The one they have is about 9K.

I want a thermal cam too. :( I loved the new episode. I live in Tennessee and have heard of the sanitarium before. I'd love to go there sometime on a tour. Dunno if they even DO tours....but I'd love to go if they did.

What did ya'll think of the first ep? I live in Kentucky, so I was excited about it.

I also live in Kentucky. Not near Waverly, but I was still surprised. I live in London, and there's an old TB hospital there too; just behind the police station off the first exit. It's used as a detention hall now.

Before the new episode of Ghost Hunters, I was actually starting to loose hope in Kentucky's haunts. xD

I enjoyed it. A lot. But they should use a little less drama sometimes...

Edited by Taka

I couldn't wait for the new season to begin. So far it looks as though Brian has his head on straight.

I can't wait to see Dustin again.

80% on that show is bogus.

I want a thermal cam too. :( I loved the new episode. I live in Tennessee and have heard of the sanitarium before. I'd love to go there sometime on a tour. Dunno if they even DO tours....but I'd love to go if they did.

Yup, they sure do. $20.00 per adult will get you the full tour. I put the link below. You should read it, it is quite interesting. There are even some stories about the survivors, even pictures. The patients were actually treated very well, the staff seemed to be very kind. There were even patients who survived the disease, that went on to work at Wavery after their recovery. Pretty interesting. Even though some of the treatments seem barbaric in today's day and age, they were looking for a cure. Some of the treatments are even still used today. It's a good read.

http://whsmemorial.tripod.com/

80% on that show is bogus.

Huh? What makes you think that?

80% of the time they don't even catch/experience anything. That's why I like it, unlike shows like "Most Haunted" (don't even get me started) where every episode they are (allegedly) seeing/hearing ghosts.

And when they do catch something they try to debunk it, they try to recreate it to see if they can explain it.

Great show, lookin forward to the rest of the season.

Huh? What makes you think that?

80% of the time they don't even catch/experience anything. That's why I like it, unlike shows like "Most Haunted" (don't even get me started) where every episode they are (allegedly) seeing/hearing ghosts.

And when they do catch something they try to debunk it, they try to recreate it to see if they can explain it.

Great show, lookin forward to the rest of the season.

That is why I like Ghost Hunters. They actually try everything they can think of to figure out ways to debunk what they catch. And it is very very rare that they actually call a place 'haunted'. I also like how when they go to people's homes they are willing to bring priests and such to bless the homes even if they find nothing at all. Just to make the people there feel more comfortable.

I do wish they would get rid of the drama between the members. I could really do without the soap opera added into the show. But other than that I think it is a great show.

I believe this show is one of the best ghost show's on now, most of the characters are common folk's just like us. And they DON'T find something on every show which makes me believe that its the real thing. The way they cut up and pull gags on each other only add's to the show's popularity. :tu:

I asked Site Mod. FluffyBunny for a link to thermal imaging.... he was a great help..

http://www.bullard.com/thermalimager/pictures/index.asp

That is why I like Ghost Hunters. They actually try everything they can think of to figure out ways to debunk what they catch. And it is very very rare that they actually call a place 'haunted'. I also like how when they go to people's homes they are willing to bring priests and such to bless the homes even if they find nothing at all. Just to make the people there feel more comfortable.

I do wish they would get rid of the drama between the members. I could really do without the soap opera added into the show. But other than that I think it is a great show.

Ditto. They're very level headed people, most of the time xD!, and logical. They've got the equipment, and the right state of mind, to do these things; and the right ideas. They're also skeptical, as every ghost hunter should be, in my opinion. It's fun to watch, but I'll admit it is disapointing when they don't find anything--though much more real. However, I keep coming back, just to see what they catch next time.

But, my favorite part about their techniques: They don't base a haunting on personal opinion. (:

Now I'm just rambling.

...And the drama's probably just for ratings. Reality TV junkies...

I'd watch more reruns if they didn't have so much bickering going back and forth.

The way they cut up and pull gags on each other only add's to the show's popularity.

I hart watching them fool around on the job. xD

Ghost Hunters and Dirty Jobs, two great shows... they're alike in so many aspects. ♥

Edited by Taka

I missed the first eppie and now tonight my tvo cut off the last five minutes. so can anyone tell me what they found out about the girl and the house? i got to the part where they sat down with the woman, but they had just shaken hands when it had to change the channel. :angry2: stupid tvo and other peoples shows...

They found an old deed with the name 'Grace' on it. So, someone named Grace did indeed live in that house at one time. But - Grant told the homeowner that he didn't believe the house was haunted.

They found an old deed with the name 'Grace' on it. So, someone named Grace did indeed live in that house at one time. But - Grant told the homeowner that he didn't believe the house was haunted.

^^ thanks! that is really interesting, even though i agree it wasn't haunted.

I thought it was great how they found the source of the floating soccer ball sized orb. It was caused by a can by one of the windows and as car drove by with headlights on, it caused an orb to float through the room.

:w00t:

they do have tours, matter of fact Im going my first time this friday night! they do tours fri. and sat. and sunday in daytimes, but its about 1 1/2 tour cost $20 they also have allniters but they are booked up till june for those and thats $100!

i love to watch this show, its very interesting. i watch it every wednesday, and also have it timed to record on the DVR every wednesday incase i dont catch it!!

[My Favorite show. I love it.

Yesterdays episode was pretty funny. Canadwagwa :lol: or something like that. Hehe.

Yesterdays episode was pretty funny. Canadwagwa :lol: or something like that. Hehe.

LOL, and that was where he grew up, i think brian is most likely on his way out again but they need to understand that he is one of the reasons i watch not the only reason, just one because i cant wait to see if he screws up again,LOL, WHERE"S THAT MOUSE....

Edited by the14u2cee

Brian: "I swear to God! I know where it is!"

Steve: "Then where is it?"

Brian: "I don't know!"

Steve: "You know you saw it but you don't know where it is. Brian, you are totally going to be screwed."

LOL! That's my version of what happened. I can't really remember what they really said.