Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Moon Structures? As seen from Earth.

• Please log in to reply
210 replies to this topic

#16    Gridkeeper

Gridkeeper

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 146 posts

• http://www.youtube.com/gridkeeper

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:10 PM

View PostMentalcase, on 19 July 2011 - 07:01 PM, said:

Ok, maybe I was wrong. It just reminded me of a video I've seen recently. Could you display which telescopes were used and the dates, locations of the observations? Sources for each segment would be appreciated.

Cool, I have some of the info but not all of it. The moon footage was filmed last year but has only just been shown now. The telescope used was a meade LX90 12" but without using the lens. Also a sony CCD camcorder was used with also the lens removed from the front of the cam so the CCD is directly imaging from the mirror with a tube placed between the cam and the scope. The sony cam is a DCR-HC model.

#17    Finguz

Finguz

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 240 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:29 PM

View PostGridkeeper, on 19 July 2011 - 07:00 PM, said:

It's in space and it doesn't look like a planet.

So it's a spaceship :)

Not debris, some kind of anomaly, an artifact, a trick of the light, something in our atmosphere e.t.c , no, it's definitely a spaceship  :wacko:

That's like spotting something floating in the sea and saying it must be a ufo because it doesn't look like a fish  :rolleyes:

#18    Gridkeeper

Gridkeeper

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 146 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:17 PM

View PostFinguz, on 19 July 2011 - 07:29 PM, said:

So it's a spaceship :)

Not debris, some kind of anomaly, an artifact, a trick of the light, something in our atmosphere e.t.c , no, it's definitely a spaceship  :wacko:

That's like spotting something floating in the sea and saying it must be a ufo because it doesn't look like a fish  :rolleyes:

Space debris would be too small to film. NOt an artifact. Not a trick of the light as it's always there. No, not in our atmosphere either.

It's  not at all like spotting something floating in the sea and saying it must be a UFO because it does not look like a fish, that would be ridiculous.

Here's another example:

There are more if you really need to see them.

#19    Moonie2012

Moonie2012

Alien Abducter

• Banned
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:24 PM

The ISS perhaps? A satellite? Space garbage? Whatever it is has a double image so your setup is not immune to light artifacts.

Edited by Moonie2012, 19 July 2011 - 08:31 PM.

#20    The Sky Scanner

The Sky Scanner

Observer

• 5,546 posts

• The loud ones never last!

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:28 PM

View PostGridkeeper, on 19 July 2011 - 07:10 PM, said:

Cool, I have some of the info but not all of it. The moon footage was filmed last year but has only just been shown now. The telescope used was a meade LX90 12" but without using the lens. Also a sony CCD camcorder was used with also the lens removed from the front of the cam so the CCD is directly imaging from the mirror with a tube placed between the cam and the scope. The sony cam is a DCR-HC model.

Can you get the model number of the camera used? All the lower end DCR models that I can find do not have removeable lenses, so the scope would need an eye piece otherwise he/she would never obtain focus, that means you can't rule out light/dust/ or any other problem of that ilk.

One thing I have read on the lower end of these camcorders is that they are notoriously bad and keeping noise out of the image.....which doesn't bode well....

"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science". ~ Edwin Powell Hubble

#21    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:59 PM

That is quite a zoom you have.  It does seem kind of peculiar, I'll give you that.  My first thought is that it might be the space station?  Hard to tell with the blur though.

#22    Gridkeeper

Gridkeeper

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 146 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:59 PM

View PostThe Sky Scanner, on 19 July 2011 - 08:28 PM, said:

Can you get the model number of the camera used? All the lower end DCR models that I can find do not have removeable lenses, so the scope would need an eye piece otherwise he/she would never obtain focus, that means you can't rule out light/dust/ or any other problem of that ilk.

One thing I have read on the lower end of these camcorders is that they are notoriously bad and keeping noise out of the image.....which doesn't bode well....

HI I should have said that you'll also need a screwdriver and a hammer and be VERY careful doing it. No eye piece on the scope, just a tube with tape at each end to attach it to the scope and camera. By the way I didn't film these particular video but i have used the scope which did.

Any half decent camcorder will do the job as long as it's ccd. the only real problem is buying an expensive one and breaking it whilst removing the lens.

This video shows the old 8" scope which i now own which is filming a strange looking Venus, I'm the one holding the video camera and filming the scope.
I made this video to show that stars aren't seen in the background when looking closely at a single point of light in space.

Looking up at the night sky with John and Gridkeeper (Stars and Venus)

This is another space object as seen through the 8" scope

Cam Test - Gridkeeper filming back of 8" telescope March 2008

#23    Gridkeeper

Gridkeeper

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 146 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:03 PM

This was a test done when JLW first got the 12" scope. People didn't believe we were filming the moon so I filmed the back of it whilst he was also filming through it with the cam attached directly to the scope.

Gridkeeper films John Lenard Walson filming the moon feb2008

This is Clavius using the 12" scope with above described method

Close Moon Clavius 2010

Edited by Gridkeeper, 19 July 2011 - 10:04 PM.

#24    Gridkeeper

Gridkeeper

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 146 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:04 PM

and this is Copernicus also with the same technique

Lunar Moon Crater Copernicus Close up 2009

This is one of the "space machines" filmed with the 8" scope. At the begining of the video yuo'll see the whole object and then a close up which is strange looking. For the close up a much longer tube was attached which is why the close up object can only be sen in the centre of the film and the blackness around it is the inside of the tube.

Extreme Close Up View of a Space UFO and one other .

#25    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,018 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:17 PM

Bravo. You have shown you have 12" scope. You have shown you filmed ISS. (BTW, did you cared to figure out limitations of your bastardized system?)
What your fiddlings have to do with UFO? Where are freaking Moon structures you claimed?!

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#26    The Sky Scanner

The Sky Scanner

Observer

• 5,546 posts

• The loud ones never last!

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:33 PM

View PostGridkeeper, on 19 July 2011 - 09:59 PM, said:

HI I should have said that you'll also need a screwdriver and a hammer and be VERY careful doing it. No eye piece on the scope, just a tube with tape at each end to attach it to the scope and camera. By the way I didn't film these particular video but i have used the scope which did.

Any half decent camcorder will do the job as long as it's ccd. the only real problem is buying an expensive one and breaking it whilst removing the lens.

This video shows the old 8" scope which i now own which is filming a strange looking Venus, I'm the one holding the video camera and filming the scope.
I made this video to show that stars aren't seen in the background when looking closely at a single point of light in space.

Hello,

Well the reason there are no stars visible is because you are using a camcorder, they have small chips and small exposure times - they are fine for the moon and planets (and solar with the right filter) but you'll never pick stars and deep sky objects out with a camcorder. That's why imagers and video astronomers use proper CCD's (long exposure) and modified CCtv's like the Samsung435, or mintrons and watecs.....the fact your camera picked up that light source suggests to me it was probably a planet, otherwise I don't think you would have captured it with that camera...

Nice scope btw, get something like the Samsung 435 (ebay about £100 second hand), remove the lens (screw fit) and put a 1.25 nose adaptor on,  connect it to your laptop with a capture card or directly to your TV and you'll get some great views from that scope...

Edited by The Sky Scanner, 19 July 2011 - 10:34 PM.

"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science". ~ Edwin Powell Hubble

#27    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 10,368 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:39 PM

Thanks for all the videos Gridkeeper......have watched a few of them and will watch the rest tomorrow.

excellent and most interesting

cheers

#28    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,346 posts

• Most Thugish Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:49 PM

Do you have any close-ups of the Tycho Crater?

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/  <~Ancient Aliens DEBUNKED!
I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

#29    psychoticmike

psychoticmike

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:08 AM

View PostGridkeeper, on 19 July 2011 - 08:17 PM, said:

Space debris would be too small to film. NOt an artifact. Not a trick of the light as it's always there. No, not in our atmosphere either.

It's  not at all like spotting something floating in the sea and saying it must be a UFO because it does not look like a fish, that would be ridiculous.

Here's another example:

There are more if you really need to see them.

i'm gonna go with satellite on this one, thats what it looks like to me all tho its not clear enough so i can't be certain.

#30    psychoticmike

psychoticmike

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:21 AM

well i watched that one that i already commented on, and the first one you posted when you started this thread. First off i see absolutely no structures on the moon in that footage, and the (space craft) at the end could be anything really, its nowhere near enough for me to conclude its a space craft. I will watch the others when i have the time plus my computers acting a bit slow right now, all tho this is interesting footage i fail to see any structures maybe you can tell me at what point of the video you see structures?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users