Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Brick Moron'

IhartU

The mysterious "Brick Moron", caught and executed in Chicago, rampaged pointlessly through two cities, using a different name in each.

The first brick killing took place in Chicago in 1936, when a young cocktail waitress was beaten in the hotel room where she lived with her 7 year old son. The killer scrawled, "Black Legion Game" in lipstick on the dressing-table mirror. And he left a beautiful set of fingerprints which showed that he was Robert Nixon, an 18 year old black delinquent. But Nixon had vanished.

In LA, a young black man called Thomas Crosby started amassing a record, with arrests for purse snatching and suspicion of auto theft. A brick-murderer also began working in the city. He killed twice in March, and again in Arpil. All victims were woman killed in their own homes, with the last victim's 12 year old daughter also battered to death. The clumsy stupidity ot these pointless killings led to assassin being dubbed 'The Brick Moron'. :w00t:

Mrs. Florence May Johnson, a fireman's wife in Chicago, was killed with a brick. Soon after that , Chicago police picked up Nixon, and it was not long before he confessed. The police learned about the brick killings in LA and exchanged fingerprints. They confirmed that Nixon and Crosby were the same person.

He was tried in Chicago and executed.

How would you like to be remembered for eternity as " THE BRICK MORON"? :rofl:

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• crouton

• coldethyl

• IhartU

• exeller

About as much as I'd like to be remembered as a victim of the Brick Moron. But you know what? I'd rather be a victim, than the killer.

I wonder if he carried around his own brick or if there were just bricks of opportunity lying around when he decided to commit murder. I can think of less cumbersome murder weapons to lug around with me. What a moron!

'Bricks of opportunity'! I'm sorry, I have to laugh! :lol::lol::lol:

'Bricks of opportunity'! I'm sorry, I have to laugh! :lol::lol::lol:

Hey don't be sorry I laughed when I wrote it. Makes you wonder though, doesn't it? :huh:

Yes, it's strange. After reading the article again, I'm assuming he brought his own brick(s). I can't imagine every victim having a brick laying around the house. Unless it's a doorstop or something. Although bringing one's own brick shows some forethought. Ugh.

The clumsy stupidity ot these pointless killings led to assassin being dubbed 'The Brick Moron'.

Which makes me think I may be giving him too much credit for intelligence to bring his own brick! :huh:

wow what a moron (pun intended) he should have wore gloves...