Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

David Blaine's 'electrifying' New York stunt

david blaine

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31    Magiclass

Magiclass

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:37 PM

Hasn't this guy got a life? Why can't he do something people will look at and say "Well that was useful to know!" He only does things like this to grandstand, and the sheep like public lap it up!

#32    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

There has been an awakening

• 5,270 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:47 PM

View PostMagiclass, on 11 October 2012 - 12:37 PM, said:

and the sheep like public lap it up!

I don't know if they really do anymore. They lapped up Blaine the street magician. I think these day's its the media that 'lap it up' and push his events but the public are just bored of him...

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

#33    The Unseen

The Unseen

Poltergeist

• 2,774 posts

• Whats out there?

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:57 PM

I only hope he gets the shocking of a life time so he wont bore us with his lame stunts,Id like to see him do the stunt high above a pool with deadly sharks while wearing raw bloody meat tied to his neck and nether regions,I want the pool to be surounded buy either bears or hungry starved lions,that will be surounded by men with automatic rifles just to make sure he dosent get out alive,Now that would make for some real entertainment.YEAH!

#34    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:57 AM

View PostThe Unseen, on 12 October 2012 - 10:57 PM, said:

I only hope he gets the shocking of a life time so he wont bore us with his lame stunts,Id like to see him do the stunt high above a pool with deadly sharks while wearing raw bloody meat tied to his neck and nether regions,I want the pool to be surounded buy either bears or hungry starved lions,that will be surounded by men with automatic rifles just to make sure he dosent get out alive,Now that would make for some real entertainment.YEAH!

I think they did that on Jackass.

#35    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:08 PM

Wildboyz episode. In a hammock with meat hanging from it and lions jumping for the meat.

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/2518773" width="400" height="250" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Edited by DKO, 14 October 2012 - 12:10 PM.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#36    Mercury2K

Mercury2K

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:30 PM

#37    Mercury2K

Mercury2K

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:42 PM

"David Blaine had a little fun with producer Stephen Chao and me while preparing for his upcoming feat of will and endurance- "Electrified: One Million Volts Always On."

David will be standing on a 20-foot pillar at Pier 54 on New York's West Side for 72 hours without sleep or food while surrounded by Tesla Coils putting out a million volts of electricity! If you can’t be there, no worries, it will be streamed live. But if you can, I highly recommend you go and experience the excitement.
A chainmail suit will protect him and conduct electricity, but if he scratches his exposed face to tend to an itch he’s toast. Other major factors are of course the intense noise and the effects of three days of sleep deprivation.
David and I have been friends for four years and I can honestly say that he never ceases to amaze me!"

hence it being called a feat of will and endurance

Edited by Mercury2K, 14 October 2012 - 02:11 PM.

#38    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

• 5,270 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:38 PM

View PostMercury2K, on 14 October 2012 - 01:42 PM, said:

"David Blaine had a little fun with producer Stephen Chao and me while preparing for his upcoming feat of will and endurance- "Electrified: One Million Volts Always On."

David will be standing on a 20-foot pillar at Pier 54 on New York's West Side for 72 hours without sleep or food while surrounded by Tesla Coils putting out a million volts of electricity! If you can’t be there, no worries, it will be streamed live. But if you can, I highly recommend you go and experience the excitement.
A chainmail suit will protect him and conduct electricity, but if he scratches his exposed face to tend to an itch he’s toast. Other major factors are of course the intense noise and the effects of three days of sleep deprivation.
David and I have been friends for four years and I can honestly say that he never ceases to amaze me!"

hence it being called a feat of will and endurance

Hi Mercury2K, thanks for adding this to the thread.

Assuming you are close to David (sorry to question this but we can all claim to 'know people' when online) could you give us some insight into his reasons for the direction his work is going in?

I was a great fan of his years ago but recently I find his work confusing. Don't get me wrong I am not questioning the difficulty of the tasks he undertakes, I just feel recently he has lost his 'wow factor'. I understand the limitations of his 'street magic' work of the past and that all performers need to change and adapt to keep public interest alive but there does seem to be a lot of questioning of his endurance feats.

Edited by Junior Chubb, 14 October 2012 - 08:40 PM.

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

#39    Mercury2K

Mercury2K

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:13 AM

I'm not Dennis Rogers, I got that in an email a few days ago, I can assure you that he is a real man though.

As a person who values honesty I can see the merit of pushing yourself through feats such as this, learning of his next challenge a few days ago I can tell you that (if he comes out alive) for some people this will be inspirational. It reminds me of Eddie Murphy in the movie "Holy Man", that story about the starfish in particular.

Edited by Mercury2K, 15 October 2012 - 08:20 AM.

#40    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

• 5,270 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:40 AM

View PostMercury2K, on 15 October 2012 - 08:13 AM, said:

I'm not Dennis Rogers, I got that in an email a few days ago, I can assure you that he is a real man though.

As a person who values honesty I can see the merit of pushing yourself through feats such as this, learning of his next challenge a few days ago I can tell you that (if he comes out alive) for some people this will be inspirational. It reminds me of Eddie Murphy in the movie "Holy Man", that story about the starfish in particular.

Lol :blush: Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Thanks for your views though, I am sure for some people this will be inspirational, unfortunately I can't include myself in that group. As a person who values honesty I can see why an endurance feat would be more appealing than trickery to you.

#41    nohands

nohands

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:10 AM

amazing human capabilities though...i wonder what are his limitations

#42    nohands

nohands

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts