Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bathroom Ghost (Video)

Paul Rubino

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul Rubino

• Englishgent

• The Unseen

• Timothy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quite the courteous ghost, putting the seat back down.

I'm going to say that as a matter of personal opinion, the whole video feels rather staged. I vote no ghost.

Quite well put together, specially with the skull effect in the flashes of light. But who ever heard of a ghost having a pee and a crap? lol

I bet he wouldnt view the scene from the opposite angle where we would see how he moves the toilet seat etc This would be so easy to rig up but the view of the back of the toilet area is conveniently blocked. .

It's a good fake :rolleyes:

Quite well put together, specially with the skull effect in the flashes of light. But who ever heard of a ghost having a pee and a crap? lol

I bet he wouldnt view the scene from the opposite angle where we would see how he moves the toilet seat etc This would be so easy to rig up but the view of the back of the toilet area is conveniently blocked. .

It's a good fake :rolleyes:

I did this video over 3 years ago and you are the first person ... ever ... to spot the skull! Nice catch!!!!!

I did this video over 3 years ago and you are the first person ... ever ... to spot the skull! Nice catch!!!!!

Thank you Paul. I would not assume a video to be a fake without going through it frame by frame.

I would be interested to know how you got this effect though :)

lol Very funny! thanks for that!

Thank you Paul. I would not assume a video to be a fake without going through it frame by frame.

I would be interested to know how you got this effect though :)

The skull effect? Or the whole video?

The skull effect? Or the whole video?

I meant the skull effect. Maybe a projection?......As for the seat moving and the toilet being flushed, it is possible that smebody was hidiing behind the unit housing the sink because from the angle at which the video is shot, you cannot see the rear half of the toilet. I am sure you will put me right on both counts though lol :)

I meant the skull effect. Maybe a projection?......As for the seat moving and the toilet being flushed, it is possible that smebody was hidiing behind the unit housing the sink because from the angle at which the video is shot, you cannot see the rear half of the toilet. I am sure you will put me right on both counts though lol :)

The skull was simply an added layer in my movie editing program - a picture of a skull dimmed so it was barely visible, inserted only in those sections where i was flashing the bathroom light.

The movement of the shower curtain was done by a fan - i simply plugged it in momentarily to get some movement.

All the other movement was actually done by me standing in the bathroom, in plain sight, in various positions. I digitally removed myself in post production.

Even the time stamp on the video is faked, and of course i inserted some sound effects from a sound effects CD.

I can't remember why i made this video. I think it was in response to another ghost video where somebody was saying it couldn't have been special effects. I was out to show them it COULD be special effects.

The skull was simply an added layer in my movie editing program - a picture of a skull dimmed so it was barely visible, inserted only in those sections where i was flashing the bathroom light.

The movement of the shower curtain was done by a fan - i simply plugged it in momentarily to get some movement.

All the other movement was actually done by me standing in the bathroom, in plain sight, in various positions. I digitally removed myself in post production.

Even the time stamp on the video is faked, and of course i inserted some sound effects from a sound effects CD.

I can't remember why i made this video. I think it was in response to another ghost video where somebody was saying it couldn't have been special effects. I was out to show them it COULD be special effects.

I hate fakers but I must say I'm impressed. I would have guessed the lid was moved with string, not a digitally removed guy.

Now that you mention it, it's kinda obvious it was tampered with. You can tell where you were removed from, the video just goes "dead" in those spots. Where the shower curtain was alive with pixel movement at one point, it goes to a still at another. Still, if you hadn't said that I may not have noticed it.

Edited by Moonie2012

Thank you Paul for your explanation.

What made me immediately suspicious about the video was the content. A ghost going to the toilet lol Once I get suspicious I feel the urge to dig deeper. Nice video though :)

I was going to say that you have a very unhygienic ghost:

• Didn't use toilet paper
  • Didn't wash ghostly hands

:rofl:

wow over the top lol. The circa 1991 green crosshairs and border should have gave it away off the bat. Sounded to me like the ambient sound of the TV, you snoring and the cat were added to the video as well (among other obvious things lol).

The flashing red REC indicator is also a dead giveaway.

Why would that appear on the final video? It's only displayed on the viewfinder on video cameras so you can tell at a glance whether or not you're recording, it's not recorded as part of the video footage.

And..not to mention you have 2 strands of hair on the right side of your head that never change position after hours of sleeping.

That has to be the funniest video I have ever seen,I like the part where you can see the lid lift up just before he takes a leak and then you can hear him strain while he takes a dump,Think he needs to eat a little fiber with his meals.LOL Fake ghost but great funny video.

That was Great.

I hate fakers but I must say I'm impressed. I would have guessed the lid was moved with string, not a digitally removed guy.

Now that you mention it, it's kinda obvious it was tampered with. You can tell where you were removed from, the video just goes "dead" in those spots. Where the shower curtain was alive with pixel movement at one point, it goes to a still at another. Still, if you hadn't said that I may not have noticed it.

I hate fakers too. In fact, this video was done because i'm a believer-turned-skeptic ... i was trying to show people how easily this stuff can be faked.

Years ago i got thrown off a paranormal forum after they published about 20 ghost photos i had submitted ... then i told them they were all fakes.

I do this because too many people are willing to believe ANYTHING. Be skeptical, question everything.

As for this video, i took about 3 minutes of video with nothing/nobody in the bathroom. That made it easy to erase myself from the video. Anytime there's a super steady camera involved in the making of a paranormal video, be suspicious!!!! That's advice from a movie editor.

Thank you Paul for your explanation.

What made me immediately suspicious about the video was the content. A ghost going to the toilet lol Once I get suspicious I feel the urge to dig deeper. Nice video though :)

LOL! I started out thinking i would try and make a believable ghost video and try to get it to go viral, only to snap the "fake" trap after everybody fell for it. But then i had a change of heart and thought it would be funnier if, when people started watching it, they would first say to themselves "Holy cow, i can't believe this", then when they hear the ghost using the toilet they'd have that "WTF?" moment just before they realize it's a hoax.

I've actually had people get mad at me. They wanted so bad to believe it was real.

wow over the top lol. The circa 1991 green crosshairs and border should have gave it away off the bat. Sounded to me like the ambient sound of the TV, you snoring and the cat were added to the video as well (among other obvious things lol).

:devil: EVERYTHING was added ... the cat, the TV, the snoring. It was shot at about noon.

It was all done to make a point. :rolleyes:

And..not to mention you have 2 strands of hair on the right side of your head that never change position after hours of sleeping.

I never even thought of THAT! Wait til my next video!! :devil:

That has to be the funniest video I have ever seen,I like the part where you can see the lid lift up just before he takes a leak and then you can hear him strain while he takes a dump,Think he needs to eat a little fiber with his meals.LOL Fake ghost but great funny video.

Thanks The Unseen ... glad you got the humor. I've actually had people get mad at me because they wanted it to be real.

I get accused of making fun of the paranormal community. :geek: