Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Roswell: Two Crashes, Not One

archernyc

Until now, most debunkers doubted that there was even one crash. Now, in an exclusive interview, retired Air Force Lt. Col. Richard French told The Huffington Post that there were actually two crashes.

This revelation is especially remarkable considering that French was known in the past to debunk UFO stories.

"There were actually two crashes at Roswell, which most people don't know," French told HuffPost. "The first one was shot down by an experimental U.S. airplane that was flying out of White Sands, N.M., and it shot what was effectively an electronic pulse-type weapon that disabled and took away all the controls of the UFO, and that's why it crashed."

French -- an Air Force pilot who was in Alamagordo, N.M., in 1947, being tested in an altitude chamber, an annual requirement for rated officers -- was very specific in how the military allegedly brought down what he believes was a spacecraft from another world.

"When they hit it with that electromagnetic pulse -- bingo! -- there goes all their electronics and, consequently, the UFO was uncontrollable," said French, who flew hundreds of combat missions in Korea and Southeast Asia, and who held several positions working for Military Intelligence.

nother retired officer doubts French's story.

"No chance! Zero chance!" said Army Col. John Alexander, whose own top-secret clearance gave him access in the 1980s to official documents and UFO accounts. He created a top-level group of government officials and scientists who determined that, while UFOs are real, they couldn't find evidence of an official cover-up.

"In the 1980s, I was the guy developing all of the pulse-power weapons systems. We couldn't have done it then. In the 60s, they had a laser system, but your range was extremely limited, and we didn't have operational laser weapons in that time frame," said Alexander, who is working to get amnesty for military personnel who wish to talk about their UFO experiences.

http://www.huffingto..._ref=weird-news

Edited by archernyc

two crashes :w00t:

where is skyeagle??? :alien:

weird seems like something interesting but nothing to bac it up

This bit was interesting:

"I'm one of the authors of Project Blue Book, and started with the Air Force Office of Special Investigations, stationed in Spokane, Wash. One of the duties I had in 1952 was to debunk UFO stories," French said.

"In other words, if someone had a UFO sighting, I and another agent would try to come up with some logical explanation for this strange aerial appearance. Most of the reports were from civilians than military. We gave our analysis and tried to debunk it by saying it was swamp fog or that the thing they saw was actually hanging on wires. It went up through channels all the way to the presidential level."

But why was French ordered to debunk UFO reports in the first place?

"They never give you an explanation, but I'll tell you what my analysis of it is: If they accepted the fact that there are creatures coming to Earth from other universes or from wherever, it basically would destroy religions, and the fact that our military's helpless against them would destroy the reputation of the military," French said. "You're talking about military, national defense and religious reasons."

Some people even say there were three.

Hey McG, I have been avoiding Roswell like the plague to be honest.....dont have the capacity to dig into that one....I know I end up gettign obsessed and there is way too much info out theree for Roswell.....

I struggle to keep up with cases like Pascagoula and Portage county...they have limited info and still take me days and days to work through the detail....

whats your take on Roswell..if you have have one?

Andrew Kissner also said that a UFO was shot down over White Sands, but by missiles or gunfire, not by some kind of secret weapon.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7954021180901243687

The Roswell incident--or incident--is misnamed in any case, since the Blue Book records only show that there were a couple of events in New Mexico in 1947 that were removed from the regular files and classified Top Secret.

I saw this document one time and never again. Someone penciled in this remarks on a record with much lower classification that the information on the New Mexico had been removed and classified Top Secret. That implies to me that they had at first been classified at a lower level but then someone changed it. I recall that one of these incidents in 1947 was listed as "Socorro".

• Like 1

Andrew Kissner also said that a UFO was shot down over White Sands, but by missiles or gunfire, not by some kind of secret weapon.

http://video.google....021180901243687

The Roswell incident--or incident--is misnamed in any case, since the Blue Book records only show that there were a couple of events in New Mexico in 1947 that were removed from the regular files and classified Top Secret.

I saw this document one time and never again. Someone penciled in this remarks on a record with much lower classification that the information on the New Mexico had been removed and classified Top Secret. That implies to me that they had at first been classified at a lower level but then someone changed it. I recall that one of these incidents in 1947 was listed as "Socorro".

now that rings a bell :yes:

edit to add: and there is always Boyd Bushman, and what he said in regards to the Doc 'a good friend of his'.....

Edited by quillius
  • Like 1

Hey McG, I have been avoiding Roswell like the plague to be honest.....dont have the capacity to dig into that one....I know I end up gettign obsessed and there is way too much info out theree for Roswell.....

I struggle to keep up with cases like Pascagoula and Portage county...they have limited info and still take me days and days to work through the detail....

whats your take on Roswell..if you have have one?

I don't believe any of the "official" stories about balloons, that's for sure. I have never seen one of those "official" reports about UFOs that was true yet. Those are just designed for the incurious masses, the John Q. Publics and the media bubbleheads who want to meet their deadlines by reporting whatever is in the press release. None of it is true.

I have even shown on here more than once that no such balloon flights were ever launched that met the criteria of what they cover up boys would have us believe.

Okay, the official and skeptical "explanation" is bilge water and bogus, but what's new? They almost always are false and blatantly so, based on the assumption that most people are fools and will never dig into UFOs any further.

I don't know if the UFOs crashed or were shot down, or even if they ran into each other, but we have 500-600 witnesses at this point who have come forward and said they saw something out of this world. More than one of these UFO crashes have happened over the years, and someone has always gone in and cleaned up the mess, sent the wreckage to Wright-Patterson or wherever.

There is a whole lot of disinformation being mixed into the pot here, all kinds of BS and obfuscation, but it is happening and being covered up. As for those who assert that aliens are so advanced that they would never crash, all I can say is that accidents will happen. It's a flawed and imperfect universe.

Some people also assume that they are flying all these little craft across thousands of light years of space, which I have never believed was true. They may originally be from somewhere way "out there" but they are based nearby, maybe on or near this planet.

Edited by TheMacGuffin
  • Like 2

One thing, I would think that interstellar aircraft would have appropriate shielding against high levels of electromagnetic radiation, I mean...they travel through space and all. McG, your thougts?

Edited by Spid3rCyd3
  • Like 1

This bit was interesting:

We know that was going on all the time, and that they had orders from the top to debunk, deny and minimize all UFO stories. It is done routinely to every UFO story and witness, and is still going on today. That's just a lot of background noise that has to be ignored so that we can delve into the real UFO evidence.

Did you see how they were trying so hard to divert that Leonard Stringfield thread away from any discussion about the man and his actual work. They definitely didn't want to talk about that, so instead filled the thread up with page after page of silliness.

Well, I think the "Experimental US Airplane" can probably be filed under the heading of "the imaginative"; he doesn't seem to mention (in the story at any rate) what said airplane was, nor why, if the Secret weapon was so effective it was able to bring down an Extraterrestrial craft, it didn't become a standard part of the USAF armoury. It must surely have been useful in Korea and vietnam and against the Russkies.

* I know, maybe it was, but it's been kept Secret ever since, and is used only by the mega-Secret squadron that deals with UFO interceptions. It could be that, of course.

• Like 1

Well, I think the "Experimental US Airplane" can probably be filed under the heading of "the imaginative"; he doesn't seem to mention (in the story at any rate) what said airplane was, nor why, if the Secret weapon was so effective it was able to bring down an Extraterrestrial craft, it didn't become a standard part of the USAF armoury. It must surely have been useful in Korea and vietnam and against the Russkies.

* I know, maybe it was, but it's been kept Secret ever since, and is used only by the mega-Secret squadron that deals with UFO interceptions. It could be that, of course.

I don't believe any of the "official" stories about balloons, that's for sure. I have never seen one of those "official" reports about UFOs that was true yet. Those are just designed for the incurious masses, the John Q. Publics and the media bubbleheads who want to meet their deadlines by reporting whatever is in the press release. None of it is true.

I have even shown on here more than once that no such balloon flights were ever launched that met the criteria of what they cover up boys would have us believe.

Okay, the official and skeptical "explanation" is bilge water and bogus, but what's new? They almost always are false and blatantly so, based on the assumption that most people are fools and will never dig into UFOs any further.

I don't know if the UFOs crashed or were shot down, or even if they ran into each other, but we have 500-600 witnesses at this point who have come forward and said they saw something out of this world. More than one of these UFO crashes have happened over the years, and someone has always gone in and cleaned up the mess, sent the wreckage to Wright-Patterson or wherever.

There is a whole lot of disinformation being mixed into the pot here, all kinds of BS and obfuscation, but it is happening and being covered up. As for those who assert that aliens are so advanced that they would never crash, all I can say is that accidents will happen. It's a flawed and imperfect universe.

Some people also assume that they are flying all these little craft across thousands of light years of space, which I have never believed was true. They may originally be from somewhere way "out there" but they are based nearby, maybe on or near this planet.

thanks for reply and opinion there McG.

as for the 'how can aliens crash' question.......well we cannot guess why they can or cant, so this in itself is real speculation IMO...and worthless at that.

• Like 1

On the other hand, the idea that there may have been two craft (if there were any at all) doesn't seem completely absurd & preposterous; it might account for some of the discrepancies about the debris and where it was supposedly found, and, despite what some may try to insist that a race with the technology capable of covering interstellar distances could never possibly, conceivably ever crash, it really doesn't seem impossibel to me that, in bad visbility and perhaps in an unfamilair environment, two craft may simply have got too close to one another and collided, or simply flown into the ground.

Some people even say there were three.

I heard as much as five. :td:

The Roswell legend gets sillier for every crash the add,...

• Like 1

In that respect, it does seem like a tall tale that has grown with the telling. I do agree that a lot of nonsense about Roswell has been tossed into the stew over the years, as well as a lot of deliberate misinformation and disinformation.

As I said, the only document I ever say that was even remotely connected to this case was that there were two "incidents: in New Mexico in 1947 that were reclassified Top Secret, but neither of them mentioned "Roswell" at all. That name didn't come up.

The other thing I know is that the whole balloon explanation is bogus.

• Like 1

My impression is that at the time, the military wouldn't even have thought of this as the "Roswell Incident", if they had bothered to give it a name at all, but more likely as the "White Sands Incident", or at least something related to other UFO reports that they had been having at White Sands.

They would have thought of it as UFO showing interest in the rocket test there, which had been going on even before Kenneth Arnold's famous sighting in 1947. Dr. Robert Sarbacher was involved in these tests, and his son said that he was equipping missiles with cameras to get better pictures of the UFOs.

DR. ROBERT SARBACHER

sarbacher.jpg

"Dr. Robert Sarchacher was a preeminent scientist. A Harvard graduate, he was Dean of the Graduate School of Georgia Institute of Technology; Director of Research at Wedd Laboratories; an accomplished inventor; a Scientific Consultant to the U.S. Marines and government agencies; and connected to the Joint Research and Development Board (JRDB) of the US DOD. One of his research specialities was remote controlled rockets.

In the 1980s Sarbacher confirmed to researchers William Steinman, Stan Freidman, Jerry Clark and William Moore several truths about UFOs and ET. He indicated that in the early 1950s he was officially made aware of a crash of a non-terrestrial craft in the Southwest- a crash that occured at that time or likely some time prior, and may well have been the Roswell UFO crash. He had confirmed to them (as well as to scientist Wilbert Smith of Canada three decades prior) that the subject was classified higher that the development of the Atom Bomb. He said that the debris was very light and very tough. He understood that the aliens were lightweight and constructed somewhat like insects. He said that a small group of people were likely involved in the crash debris analysis and included Von Braun, Vannevar Bush, Oppenheimer, and Eric Walker, among others.

Recently, respected researcher D.M. Duncan located Sarbacher's son, Robert Sarbacher, Jr., living in Texas. Duncan had a revealing dialog with Sarbacher. It was learned that the younger Sarbacher had once questioned his father about the UFO phenomena. His Dad spoke sparingly about the saucer subject.

Sarbacher Jr. said of his father: "He knew that they were real for the obvious reason that they would be going 600 mph and then make a direct 90 degree turn in mid-air without slowing down...separated from all inertia and gravity. Dad said that the reason he was called in was to build the right kind of missile to track these things since they were way too fast for any of our planes to catch. They wanted the missile to not destroy any of the UFOs, but to be able to track them. So Dad had cameras installed (like on the V-2 rockets) so when the UFO comes into our air space we would shoot missiles at them with cameras on them, since only a missile could keep up with the speed turns."

Stunned at the revelation, Duncan wanted to clarify this, and Sarbacher's son replied, "Yes, exactly to track UFOs, or rather to photograph and watch them...When he first told me about the missiles...the first thing I thought was, what? You were trying to destroy them? He (Sarbacher Sr.) said very normally and matter of factly, "No, we put cameras on the end of them."

http://ufocon.blogspot.com/2010/02/of-roswell-rockets-secret-v-2-flying.html

• Like 1

Wouldn't you like to get Dr. Sarbacher's UFO papers, and those of his other colleagues at the time? I know I would!

"J. Andrew Kissner was a former New Mexico State Representative from Las Cruces, N.M. During the 1990s, Kissner provided assistance to Congressman Steven Schiff of N.M. in ascertaining the truth about the UFO crash at Roswell. Schiff was instrumental in facilitating studies conducted by the the U.S. GAO and USAF on the crash.

Kissner maintains that while he worked in Las Cruces, near White Sands Missile Range, he received information from a trusted high-ranking officer who worked there. Kissner wrote that at White Sands, he was told that in 1947: "A radar target instantaneously appeared next to the ascending V-2 missile, and immediately the V-2 rocket changed course." Kissner says his White Sands military officer source "saw a photograph of a flying disc taken from a camera aimed through a V-2 rocket window. The object changed course, taking a northeasterly track, one that brought the rocket crashing to earth two minutes later only six miles east and slightly north of the community of Alamogordo, New Mexico, 40 degrees off the V-2's project flight path."

Kissner continues: "Whatever had mysteriously appeared and vanished after observing a V-2 in flight in close proxity to the rocket, it apparently affected the rocket's trajectory. That event became an immediate priority with a very small, closed circle of highly ranked general staff officers and civilian scientists assigned to the Joint Research and Development Board (JRDB.)"

Kissner wonders if the saucer at Roswell was somehow brought down purposely or inadvertently by such V-2 or other rocket exercises."

No Hazzard Roswell gets Sillier as each thread is filled in. ITs Like a Story Board in some B-rated Holylwierd Movie !

I cant wait for the next instalitation !

very interesting good read. in the frist report in the news paper it says USAF has crashed flying disc.

then the next day they said it was something else and the last 65 years they been comeing up with so many cover ups and they even got caught up in there own lies.

very interesting good read. in the frist report in the news paper it says USAF has crashed flying disc.

then the next day they said it was something else and the last 65 years they been comeing up with so many cover ups and they even got caught up in there own lies.

Actually, no they haven't come up with so many cover stories. The USAF story has actually been the most consistent component in all of this, where as the ET proponents have been all over the place.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Actually, no they haven't come up with so many cover stories. The USAF story has actually been the most consistent component in all of this, where as the ET proponents have been all over the place.

Since you're so interested in science, Bad, why don't you tell us more about Dr. Sarbacher, and his colleague Dr. Eric Walker?

McG there was another thread about Valiant Thor, not sure if you saw it, do you have any info on that guy?