Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New here and have questions.

Taylor_Skeptic

First of all I am new and as you can tell by my screen name I am skeptical of all things supernatural with the exception of demons and angels. I do not believe that people's spirits come back to us once they are gone. I believe they are resting in the ground until the time comes for us to meet our maker. Everyone has their belief systems and I am not here to knock any of yours. I respect what you believe and I came here because I have ran into something that I cannot explain.

I live in an apartment complex and my bedroom wall interconnects with the next unit over which contained one of a set of 62 year old identical twin men who had lived with each other since the womb. I am very very good friends like family with Tom. Tim, his brother, suffered from mental illness and very bad depression. I always told him that if he ever needed me even in the middle of the night I was only on the other side of his wall and all he had to do was knock and I would knock back to let him know I was there.

Last May Tom called me screaming like a wounded animal that his brother Tim (whose room is on the other side of my wall) had killed himself. I asked him had he called 911 and he said no. My mom and I ran over there within one minute and she helped him call 911 while I went into his ensuite bathroom to see if there was any chance of saving him. I screamed his name three times into his ear...felt under his nose for breath, then I laid my hand on his chest. No living thing should ever be that cold. It was summer in Florida and he was naked in his bathtub. He was gray with blue lips and purple fingertips and his body was at room temp. He had been dead at least 12 hours. I wish I can unsee that because it has bothered me ever since. I have stayed close to Tom who is like a fish out of water without his mirror twin.

I am his family now. He comes here daily and has chosen to stay living in that apartment. His room is on the other side of the apartment. We had his brothers remains cremated and his urn is in his old bedroom on the other side of my wall. Tom cleaned his room and made it look just the way Tim always had it because the police and medical examiner and all of that messed things up when they were in there. We found out he took a butt ton of Xanax bars. At least he didn't feel pain when he died. Tom still feels pain though and so do we.

Last week I was laying in my bed propped up against the wall and reading a book when I heard the knock come through the wall. rap rap ra rap rap ..... I looked at the wall and slowly put my knuckles up and rapped twice back rap rap. I was breathing fast and thinking get ahold of yourself it could have been pipes. So then I decided to try it. Rap rap ra rap rap.............BOOM BOOM shook my whole room....I was out of my bed and into the living room with the lights on. Tom never sets foot in that room and he did not know I had always told Tim to knock to me if he ever needed me.

So, as I said I am a skeptic but I try to be open-minded. Tim was a devout Catholic and I know they believe suicides go to hell. What was knocking to me from Tim's room? Any guesses?

Taylor Anstrom

• Like 2

Hi Taylor

This sounds very spooky ... was this just a one time incident ? Have you tried to initiate the knocks at different times , to see if you get a knock back ? Maybe you should talk to the other Brother about it ...

• Like 1

Hello there, Taylor. Sounds like you are a really good friend. I am also interested in the answers to Ya Amar's questions. :yes:

I like how you rationed that it could be the pipes. It could be......................... emphasis on 'could be'. ;)

I know, when I lived in an apartment in upstate New York, during weather change, the floor boards would make a very loud crack sound.

But, I do find it very coincidental, that you would hear knocking sounds in the same manner and in the same place, where you told the brother where to knock if he needed you. So, I really don't know exactly if it's definitely explainable. Or it is, but not to the liking of skeptics. ;):P

I wonder, next time you hear the knocks, try an experiment. Answer it, answer it to the brother's name and ask what he wants and that you are there, and see what happens.

I wonder if you will get your answers there. :yes:

My heart is with you on what you have experienced and hope you heal. :wub: