Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Do children have a 6th sense?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
56 replies to this topic

#46    CASTOR

CASTOR

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 302 posts

• "If you can't get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you'd best teach it to dance." -George Bernard Shaw

Posted 19 October 2003 - 05:03 PM

fruitcakesanonymous, if you would read any literature in the fields of psychology you would realize that suckling is a reflex action in the infant. just like if you tickle its foot, its toes will part enstead of come together. and i dont think calling me a moron proves your point. go ahead and read the experiments, they are on the APA web site, come back and post a message that is not just an insult.

CASTOR

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
- Galileo Galilei

#47    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 19 October 2003 - 09:57 PM

So now insults aside . Where exactly are instincts stored ? also in the brain ? how are they learned ? I'm all confused now...

I personally feel it's more likely that  some children are born gifted , and some of these children  un learn there abilties when they are told not to be silly and oh it's just your imagination .and that sort of thing .
I may not be a biology student or a pshycology major  but I have 2 children of my own thats plenty of experience in the field  .   Both have shown signs of memories and personality traits of there  previous life . ( I wonder where these memories are stored )
Only one though has got what is called an active imagination . Infact he has  said one or two things that made me stop and think that just maybe he does see things . There is no way you can get that one to sleep with the lights off .
  And my other child , he is the one that backs up the argument that not all children have a sixth sense . I think if he had any psychic abilities he would have instinctively honed them into being able to tell when he was winding people up  , but alas no he does not have that  ability , still I love him dearly  wub.gif

#48    minera

minera

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

• There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,: Than are dreamed of in your philosophy. Act II, scene 2:.. Hamlet

Posted 19 October 2003 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE (siphis @ Oct 15 2003, 09:09 PM)
This might not make much sense. I can't really explain it, but...

Remember that feeling you get when you start something long over again? When I was little, I remember always getting that feeling.

Hello: Im kind of new here. I finally found a site that can perhaps help me understand some of the things exeperienced in my life.  I know exactly how that feeling is. My very first  one that I could remember and I know it was before the age of two. It was kinda like when you wake up in a strange room and for a moment you dont know where you are. I actually remember think whether I was awake or dreaming and when I realized I was awake....I thought not again, I didnt want to do this but I wanted to be back ...whereever that was.  I am 18 months older than my brother but I actually remember when he was born (those days most people had babies at home) I know small children and maybe even babies think...but they can't communicate that well. Most of my very early memories are fragmented... but I do remember the feeling that I had done this before and this place was not where I really wanted to be. Hard to put into words.  It's kinda like...geez not again...

#49    fruitcakesanonymous

fruitcakesanonymous

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 October 2003 - 01:26 AM

QUOTE (CASTOR @ Oct 19 2003, 05:03 PM)
fruitcakesanonymous, if you would read any literature in the fields of psychology you would realize that suckling is a reflex action in the infant. just like if you tickle its foot, its toes will part enstead of come together. and i dont think calling me a moron proves your point. go ahead and read the experiments, they are on the APA web site, come back and post a message that is not just an insult.

CASTOR

Of course it is a reflex action, has anyone denied that? You cant just quote somethig you read somewhere, without taking the time to interpret it or go beyond what is written. In order for a reflex action to occur, it requires information, it doesnt just happen. So just as a computer program contains instuctions of what to tell the computer, so too do humans contain instructions that are passed on. Science has got a hell of a long way to go before it can claim to know everything.
    How can a savant know how to play the piano, without ever being taught? How can a savant worked out the value of Pi faster than a super computer, yet never have learned math? Information that is passed on from generation to generation is the only way this is possible.

#50    fruitcakesanonymous

fruitcakesanonymous

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 October 2003 - 01:35 AM

QUOTE (Mentalcase @ Oct 19 2003, 03:01 PM)
scientists are the ones responsible for sunscreen you dimwit.

Hey fruity, maybe you should stay away from the direct insults.

maybe you should mind your own business. do you think anyone needs you to stick up for them? Stop trying to show off, to try to buy friends. your my hero! thats what you are thinking isnt it? Like someone writing graffiti imagining that everyone that sees that graffiti is going to be thinking, "wow this guy is really cool, I wish I could be like him" Can you teach me to be the brave upholder of righteousness like you so everyone will go "wow this guy is really cool, I wish I could be like him". Please, I want to be a computer nerd too, hiding behind a screen, pretending to be someone I am not too, can ya, huh?

#51    fruitcakesanonymous

fruitcakesanonymous

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 October 2003 - 02:04 AM

QUOTE (Seraphina @ Oct 19 2003, 03:56 PM)

Fruitcakes...what exactly are you trying to prove here? How easy it is to alienate the population of the forum by acting like a child? Because, just in case you hadn't realised it yet, that's exactly what you're doing.

First you accuse me of being narrow minded, and not willing to accept any veiw contary to my own...yet everytime someone present a veiw contary to yours, you respond with childish insults (is this the part where I should point out that your wit is only slightly less blunt than a spoon?), making post after post as though you don't know what the edit button is for, and making a very good job of sounding like you're just out of primary school.

Free advice: Grow up. Until you do that, then it doesn't matter how good you think you're arguement or theory may be (not that they are, of course). You're acting like an idiot, and people are going to be more inclinded to ignore you than give a damn what you're saying.

Side note: Castor - true indeed...everything that is passed from parent to child is passed on through the chromosomes. Memory doesn't even exist in the cells....I, for one, think your arguement was far more convincing than "and babies can suckle because??.......................moron!!!!"  tongue.gif

I am only responding to the level that is thrown at me, so if that means holding your breath till you turn blue, then that is how you get treated. I didnt start anything, I simply raised an alternative way to look at something, yet it seems that humans cant deal with any suggestions that what they think is true may not be the way they believe it to be. I am only holding up a mirror.
   As my idea is the alternative and new idea, it is the one that should be looked at. What is the point to going over what is already established and simply rehashing it. The whole point to a forum is to take the new idea and work with it even if you initially disagree with it. All you have done is ignored the new idea, believed it cant be true, based on ideas that are already established, and then continued to reinforce the same ideas.
    Eg. if i say I can make petrol out of water, then it is a new idea, so it has the floor, it is the topic of discussion. There is no point in discussing how to make petrol out of oil, we already know that. What you are doing is like saying you cant make petrol out of water because it is made out of oil, and then as your argument, proceed to examine how it is made from oil, and show proof of how it is made. That is not an analytical thinking process, it is a memory retrieval process.
   I havent insulted anyone, only stated what was appropriate. To insult someone is to make a comment without any basis in fact. If you make a statement that clearly shows that no thought process went on at all, then for that statement you are a moron, so it is a wake up call to show the mistake. If I was insulting you then I would be doing so purely because I didnt like your idea and prefered mine, so it would be an emotional statement, based on emotions, rather than logic.

#52    gonzowalker

gonzowalker

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

• Many things in this life
    Are not what they appear
    Yeah, I look like a hare
    But if you stop and you stare
    I'm related to a deer

Posted 20 October 2003 - 02:27 AM

QUOTE (fruitcakesanonymous @ Oct 20 2003, 01:35 AM)

Hey fruity, maybe you should stay away from the direct insults. [/QUOTE]
maybe you should mind your own business. do you think anyone needs you to stick up for them? Stop trying to show off, to try to buy friends. your my hero! thats what you are thinking isnt it? Like someone writing graffiti imagining that everyone that sees that graffiti is going to be thinking, "wow this guy is really cool, I wish I could be like him" Can you teach me to be the brave upholder of righteousness like you so everyone will go "wow this guy is really cool, I wish I could be like him". Please, I want to be a computer nerd too, hiding behind a screen, pretending to be someone I am not too, can ya, huh?

Mentalcase is a M-O-D-E-R-A-T-O-R!!!! They try to keep things organized and civilized.

Just who are you mad at anyway?

It's hard to kiss the lips at night That chew your *** out all day long. - The Notorious Cherry Bombs

#53    fruitcakesanonymous

fruitcakesanonymous

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 October 2003 - 02:33 AM

[QUOTE=gonzowalker,Oct 20 2003, 02:27 AM] [QUOTE=fruitcakesanonymous,Oct 20 2003, 01:35 AM]

[/QUOTE]
Mentalcase is a M-O-D-E-R-A-T-O-R!!!! They try to keep things organized and civilized.

Just who are you mad at anyway? [/QUOTE]
and that makes a difference because??????  I wasnt the one that addressed someone with an abreviated version of their name, as a direct means to imply something by it. That is a direct insult, and why was it aimed only at me? Biased as well, so that is not sticking to the point. Is this some kind of church run thing is it? who is handing out the cucumber sandwiches?

#54    fruitcakesanonymous

fruitcakesanonymous

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 October 2003 - 02:46 AM

[QUOTE=gonzowalker,Oct 20 2003, 02:27 AM] [QUOTE=fruitcakesanonymous,Oct 20 2003, 01:35 AM]

[/QUOTE]

Just who are you mad at anyway? [/QUOTE]
sounds to me like silence of the lambs, anthony hopkins was so sophisticated, wasnt he? actions speak louder than words. Why did you feel compelled to write moderator in such a manner, do you really think it serves any function?  

#55    gonzowalker

gonzowalker

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Are not what they appear
    Yeah, I look like a hare
    I'm related to a deer

Posted 20 October 2003 - 02:47 AM

Because it is his business to get in your business. If you don't want other people to reply, why not try a P.M. with whoever you have a beef with. Maybe a good ol' BM would do you some good? Relax, I think you have some pretty damn good points yourself, your just a little hot-headed.  

It's hard to kiss the lips at night That chew your *** out all day long. - The Notorious Cherry Bombs

#56    gonzowalker

gonzowalker

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Are not what they appear
    Yeah, I look like a hare
    I'm related to a deer

Posted 20 October 2003 - 02:52 AM

Editing your posts is making this confusing. But I'm done with this, you win!

#57    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,345 posts

• Most Thugish Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 20 October 2003 - 02:55 AM

Fruity, This thread is going to be locked now, and you are getting a warning. If you keep behaving in such a negative/childish manner, you will be banned from posting as well. You can bet on that!  thumbsup.gif  

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/  <~Ancient Aliens DEBUNKED!
I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users