Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 2 votes

Are Extraterrestrials Really Demons?

• Please log in to reply
442 replies to this topic

#346    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:54 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 16 April 2013 - 04:05 AM, said:

LOL, ain't it what! Today it just cannot get a leg up, as we know Venus looks like:

Posted Image
I wonder why he chose the planet Venus though, and isnt it obscured by a blanket of clouds

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#347    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 13,987 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:02 PM

View PostDetective Mystery 2013, on 16 April 2013 - 02:49 AM, said:

That's your opinion. Future circumstances might change it. People, who witnessed demons and/or extraterrestrials, don't share your concept of reality. They might have agreed with you before their realities changed.
I've had plenty of such experiences; most people have.  It's just that they take a more humble and mindful approach to them.

#348    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Poltergeist

• 2,280 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:56 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 16 April 2013 - 05:02 PM, said:

I've had plenty of such experiences; most people have.  It's just that they take a more humble and mindful approach to them.

What's prideful about sharing an experience? There's no guile if they share their encounters in factual ways, not intentionally embellishing facts pertinent to the case.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#349    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:59 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 16 April 2013 - 05:02 PM, said:

What did you interpret these experiences as?

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#350    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Poltergeist

• 2,280 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:02 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 16 April 2013 - 04:08 AM, said:

This is more true than one might realise. They have a completely different reality to begin with, which leads to a belief, which a strange event can be interpreted into.

I agree with that. We all do it. Both reflexive debunkers and true believers have tendencies to narrowly interpret some experiences based on their personal conceptions of life. I'll let you have the last word because this thread is turning into a forum version of Methusaleh.

#351    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,082 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:41 AM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 16 April 2013 - 04:54 PM, said:

I wonder why he chose the planet Venus though, and isnt it obscured by a blanket of clouds

You ask the most sensible yet brief questions. I really like your posting mate. It's a pleasure to converse with you.

In the early 1900's. Venus and Mars were consider to have civilisations on them just as Earth does. Many people completely expected contact from these worlds, and indeed, this is one of the main reasons the War of the Worlds radio broadcast by Orson Wells created so much panic.

It started with Mars, a fellow called Giovanni Schiaparelli studied Mars on its closest approach, and thought he could see canals. A rather more zealous chap called Percival Lowell furthered this idea, and insisted they were indeed canals, and were irrigating intelligent civilisations. The idea started to die out in the early 1900's when spectroscopic analysis showed no water in the Martian atmosphere, this was of course confirmed in 1965 with Mariner 4. In the meantime however, Venus rose to take the throne left empty by Mars. Between 1930 and 1950 Venusians took flavour, kickstarted by a magazine series by Edgar Rice Burroughs. "The Venus Series". A number of Sci Fi authors leaned on his success and all of a sudden Venus was in the news, and indeed has always been considered earths twin sister since ancient times. People came on TV who claimed to be able to channel Venusians, (and occasionally martians) regularly  and the TV hosts offered them complete credibility, on the shows I have seen anyway, and the trend continued, Many supposed contactees of the 1950s such as George Adamski, Howard Menger, and Luis Maertens have claimed to have encountered friendly human-like Venusians.

People completely expected there to be both Martians and Venusians living on these planets in very earth like conditions. Until exploration proved otherwise. It is indeed obscured by cloud but that looks rather solid from a distance, I have viewed it many times myself, and I swear it looks like a boiling scary place to me, yet at the same time, very beautiful  and somewhat humbling to realise one is looking at another planet comparable in size to our earth. I understand how Ed Mitchell felt floating in space looking back at Earth, what an opening experience that must have been.

Edited by psyche101, 17 April 2013 - 04:49 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#352    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,082 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:45 AM

View PostDetective Mystery 2013, on 17 April 2013 - 03:56 AM, said:

What's prideful about sharing an experience? There's no guile if they share their encounters in factual ways, not intentionally embellishing facts pertinent to the case.

I thought the humbling bit was referring to the reactions and conclusion. I might be wrong though.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#353    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,082 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:48 AM

View PostDetective Mystery 2013, on 17 April 2013 - 04:02 AM, said:

I agree with that. We all do it. Both reflexive debunkers and true believers have tendencies to narrowly interpret some experiences based on their personal conceptions of life. I'll let you have the last word because this thread is turning into a forum version of Methusaleh.

I thought that was the point of a thread? The BE thread has had 4 incarnations!

This works both ways. A narrow view can also lead people to consider the prosaic unworthy of their "grand experience".

#354    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 13,987 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:30 AM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 17 April 2013 - 03:59 AM, said:

What did you interpret these experiences as?
My most common experience is to awaken and realized someone is looking at me -- generally my grandmother but sometimes my mom or dad or an aunt.  Soon as I open my eyes they disappear.Now it might be that my dead relatives watch over me as I sleep; what I nice thought, but it is more likely my wishful thinking in a quasi-dream.  The fact is I don't know and there is no way for me to know, so I have to leave it alone.

#355    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 13,987 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:33 AM

View PostDetective Mystery 2013, on 17 April 2013 - 03:56 AM, said:

Well of course it is prideful to think we have special experiences that others don't, and I hate to have to tell you this but a very large portion of such stories are either invented or at least embellished out of a desire to get attention.  This does not have to be deliberate dishonesty -- as the person tells the story they convince themselves of it too.

#356    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 13,987 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:39 AM

Thanks for the reminder of Percival Lowell, one of the most arrogant astronomers of history.  His name would be forgotten except he had the money to invest in telescopes, which, however, he kept for his personal use.  He saw all sorts of things on Mars that no one else saw, that he attributed to his better observing techniques, and the press largely reported what he said he saw as fact, even though other astronomers were doubtful.  Of course it was all in his head.

I remember in college (at the time I was an astronomy major although I later switched to data processing) being so disappointed when the first radar images from Venus reported the truth of the situation there, and not the steamy Silurian jungle we all expected.  I held my breath on the subject until the Russian lander made the truth impossible to deny.

I remember thinking it was kinda like the Odyssey.  The Greeks populated unknown places with all sorts of beings.  Nowadays we seem to have a tendency to do the same thing.

#357    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:06 AM

Thanks for that info psyche much appreciated, Iv learned a lot from your posts.

Frank that sounds very reasonable and I agree with you there is nothing you can do with that but leave it alone

#358    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Poltergeist

• 2,280 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:33 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 17 April 2013 - 05:33 AM, said:

Well of course it is prideful to think we have special experiences that others don't, and I hate to have to tell you this but a very large portion of such stories are either invented or at least embellished out of a desire to get attention.  This does not have to be deliberate dishonesty -- as the person tells the story they convince themselves of it too.

It's just as wrong to be dismissive of all experiences. Frankly, I don't trust many so-called "skeptics" to approach the paranormal in an honest manner. Some of their attempted debunking is as lame and ludicrous as the most outrageous claims of true believers. The "swamp gas" strategy just won't cut it these days.

#359    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,401 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:35 AM

Nobody really knows that there are not Alien Demons ! Sleep on that !

This is a Work in Progress!

#360    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Poltergeist

• 2,280 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:39 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 17 April 2013 - 05:33 AM, said:

That attitude is the height of arrogance and ignorance. Some people indeed experience unique events that the rest of us don't. Who are we to say that *all* of them were just mistaken in their interpretations of their personal experiences? Now *that's* true hubris.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users