Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Putin orders massive strike against S. Arabia

russia syria saudi arabia war oil

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#46    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:40 PM

View Postpallidin, on 07 September 2013 - 11:39 PM, said:

That's it.

Assad... YOU'RE FIRED.
Obama... YOU'RE FIRED
Putin... YOU'RE FIRED
China's whomever... YOU'RE FIRED

Pick-up your last paycheck and GO AWAY.
There, I feel better now.

:tsu:

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#47    Parsec

Parsec

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 186 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:55 PM

View PostBig Bad Voodoo, on 07 September 2013 - 11:10 PM, said:

Who didnt do bad things in history? Italians? Brittish?

Big Bad Voodoo

I can't catch the tone of your post: are you ironic or serious?

All countries did the worst things possible during (not only) wartime, none excluded.
British have been terrible (just ask any of their former colonies), and Italians too.
The sentence "italiani brava gente" ("Italians good people") is a myth: we had our part of rapes and murders, expecially during our "colonialist period" in Libya, Somalia, Eritrea and Ethiopia.

View PostYamato, on 07 September 2013 - 11:00 PM, said:

Yeah Putin is itching for a fight, not Obama.  Talk about revisionist history!   Talk about double standards! I think some of us have a very selective attention span towards what Putin has been saying about this crisis in aggregate.   It's the side-pickers and political apologists and blind deniers of what could "never" happen who are going to serve as the fools who allow a much wider conflict to break out.   ****g shame.

Since Putin is not believable, especially if he erects himself as defender of peace, it's normal that people mocks him.
Are you implying that Putin doesn't want a war because "it's wrong"?

If I understood right your post, then to me the one with double standards is you.
It's obvious that Obama wants to bomb Syria (leave apart the real reasons), but it's also true that Putin wants his part of action too (and he wants it sooo badly)!

#48    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:59 PM

It was ironic. Everyone have their dark moments.

Big Bad Voodoo

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.

#49    Parsec

Parsec

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 186 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:07 AM

View PostKnight Of Shadows, on 07 September 2013 - 11:26 PM, said:

well they certinally ally them self with " rapists and piilaging and all other crimes against humanity "
done by dictators .. magically we find russia backing those dictators always

i wonder if it's moral issue or political issue .. or just stupid policy
regardless of which .. in syria russia is on losing side
because they're not only declared war on rebels .. russia declared war on all syrian peoples

To be fair, not all the dictators: many have been backed up by US, not Russia.

We're semantic here, but Russia is backing the Syrian Government, so, for extention, is backing Syrian people, I didn't read anywhere that they declared war on rebels.

Anyway, I hope everything will be fine in Syria as soon as possible, with as little as possibile of victims. And that the country will be able to be guided by a moderate, non-islamic party (that's more for my concern, I admit)

View PostBig Bad Voodoo, on 07 September 2013 - 11:59 PM, said:

It was ironic. Everyone have their dark moments.

Big Bad Voodoo

Agreed!

#50    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:09 AM

Here is one song for all you war seekers.

#51    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:20 AM

View PostParsec, on 08 September 2013 - 12:07 AM, said:

Anyway, I hope everything will be fine in Syria as soon as possible, with as little as possibile of victims. And that the country will be able to be guided by a moderate, non-islamic party (that's more for my concern, I admit)

Logicly. Look Egypt. Look Libya.

Big Bad Voodoo

#52    Parsec

Parsec

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 186 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:28 AM

View PostBig Bad Voodoo, on 08 September 2013 - 12:20 AM, said:

Logicly. Look Egypt. Look Libya.

Big Bad Voodoo

Look Iraq. Look Afghanistan.
No good examples!

For this reason, let's all hope for the best

#53    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,672 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:00 AM

View PostBig Bad Voodoo, on 07 September 2013 - 10:02 PM, said:

Please this statement is wrong on so many levelS that I wont even try to give counter argument.

Big Bad Voodoo

No, it's actually quite accurate..

The Russians crucified Germany because Russia lost the most people out of any country..

Except for maybe Germany..

View PostParsec, on 07 September 2013 - 10:56 PM, said:

You mean that since it's one week old it's not valid anymore?
Of course he's angry about Olympics, and the excuse he needs/wants for disposing of the problem is called Syria (since it looks like it's also the cause of the threat).
Consider that Putin is like Robet De Niro's character in "Taxi Driver". "You talking to me?"
"Are you threatening me? I wipe you out"

I never said anything about it being invalid?

Literally all I said is that it was a week old. That's all; I literally only pointed out the date - August 27th.

That's called an observation.. Please don't put words in my mouth... I don't mean to be rude.

Geopolitical ties are messy.. Syria is a Russian ally; they're a regional political 'interest'.

They might be looking for excuses - they might not be..

Either way, conventional warfare is probably not likely..

Proxy warfare is.

"One leader, one people, signifies one master and millions of slaves." - Camus

#54    Yamato

Yamato

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,662 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:57 AM

I'm not sure that a Commander in Chief Joe Biden will provide much reason for celebration.  I'm also not sure what blame China has in any of this.  They didn't go along with Obama's missile adventures in the UN.  If that's their only contribution I'd say their record is unblemished so far.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#55    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 12,827 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:24 AM

View Postpallidin, on 07 September 2013 - 06:14 PM, said:

Just some thoughts...

I know that the use of chemical weapons is a serious violation no matter where. OK. Fine.

What I don't understand is why Putin doesn't go in and put a stop(or effective mitigation) to the escalating, morphing madness in Syria.

This is his problem, and that of the UN, not unilaterally that of the United States. Putin should be the one asking for our or other's help(if needed) to secure, remove and dispose of those chemical weapons, not the other way around.

Why Putin does not seem to feel this to be a serious matter simply baffles me.
He is enjoying watching Obama squirm I think.  He realizes that Syria will not strike Israel or the US but also knows that a quagmire awaits us when we act or even if we don't act.  Russia will not inject itself militarily into this situation.  They will sit aside, stirring the pot.

Imagination is the power in the turn of a phrase.

#56    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,155 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:58 PM

View PostYamato, on 08 September 2013 - 03:57 AM, said:

I'm also not sure what blame China has in any of this.  They didn't go along with Obama's missile adventures in the UN.  If that's their only contribution I'd say their record is unblemished so far.

I'm not sure either, other than I think that, as a Syrian ally, they should be actively participating in some sort of solution to the incredible instability of that country.

To be fair, maybe they are and I just haven't heard about it.

#57    Finity

Finity

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:14 PM

If Russia actually starts a war with the Saudi Arabia they will probably go bankrupt (again), their economy isn't exactly booming and it's getting worse. By contrast Saudi Arabia is one of the richest countries in the world and they have access to the same weapons and technology the EU and US do. It wouldn't be a "massive strike" for very long.

Edited by Finity, 08 September 2013 - 07:17 PM.

#58    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:49 PM

View Postand then, on 08 September 2013 - 05:24 AM, said:

He is enjoying watching Obama squirm I think.  He realizes that Syria will not strike Israel or the US but also knows that a quagmire awaits us when we act or even if we don't act.  Russia will not inject itself militarily into this situation.  They will sit aside, stirring the pot.

In the time Obama has spent looking for a way out of his red line gaff,Putin has probably been flying in Military aid and Supplies to prop him up.Anyone who thinks Assad is going to fall anytime soon(including Obama) are living in cloud cuckoo land frankly.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#59    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 12,827 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:16 PM

View Postshaddow134, on 08 September 2013 - 07:49 PM, said:

In the time Obama has spent looking for a way out of his red line gaff,Putin has probably been flying in Military aid and Supplies to prop him up.Anyone who thinks Assad is going to fall anytime soon(including Obama) are living in cloud cuckoo land frankly.
I think that even the Israelis prefer Assad to the alternative.  As to the OP - no way Putin attacks S.A.  America would be just as quick (maybe more) to come to the Kingdom's aid as we would Israel's.

Imagination is the power in the turn of a phrase.

#60    Subsonicjourno

Subsonicjourno

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 203 posts

• https://www.facebook.com/Unconqueredseries

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:52 PM

http://www.dailymail...l-airspace.html

Also tagged with russia, syria, saudi arabia, war, oil

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users