Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

EVP

Novo

Electronic Voice Phenomina

Its seems to work, I have tried it.

freaky stuff, and information regarding how to use it better?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rakshasas

• Shakezulah

• PolkaTulk

• HolyDevil2053

Tells us what your've used. Oh and some of the results grin2.gif

yeah can you transfer them to ur comp and post them on the site?

I've heard some pretty crazy stuff...I think the scariest ones are the kid ones...

The scary ones telling you to Get OUT are pretty intense too...

erm... yeah, not everyone knows what that is

Electronic voice phenomenon Its basically recording Ghosts voices.White noise the new movie out is about this.

I have experimented with this a number of times.

IT'S REALLY AWESOME!!! thumbsup.gif

When I am "playing" with this, I prefer to use tape, but my associates in this endeavor use Digital (Audio) Recording Devices, (DRD's.) I believe that when I get an unusual sound, my Audio Tape Recordings seem to be much better than DRD Recordings.

Here Are Some Pointers For Making Your Own EVP Recordings:

"These are things that we've discovered for making better EVP recordings."

1-Use an external microphone...

2-If you're using a Cassette Tape Recorder, ALWAYS use a brand-new tape...

3-When recording inside, produce some type of low, continuous background noise, like a box fan or a microwave, ANY humming sound works great. (It seems that whatever it is that produces these recorded voices through an Audio Recorder need this "Ambient Sound" to transfer their voices onto recording devices.) If you're recording EVP's outside, there's no need to produce any such sounds. There's already enough "Ambient Noise" outdoors, even at night and even in the country for you to record these sounds...

4-TURN OFF ALL RADIOS AND TELEVISIONS, ETC.!!! These can produce "FALSE HITS!"

There's no guarantee that these aren't some sort of radio transmission that's "bleeding over" onto the recording or that these aren't result of Our Very Vivid Imaginations, but whatever the case, this is a very cool thing to play with, and you can end up with some REALLY wild sounds.thumbsup.gif But I warn you, more often than not, you get NOTHING. wacko.gifPATIENCE is the key to experimenting with EVP's!

GOOD LUCK!!!

Edited by David_Cubero

Wow, blink.gif to much information in one morning isn't good!

I recently read Konstantin Raudive's out of print book Breakthrough. He's the guy who put EVP on the map to the point where they now call those voices Raudive voices.

Anyway I tried to capture some voice of my own a digital recorder afew weeks ago. I was in a silent room and when I played back the recordings I heard noises, like a speech pattern that were not there before. I couldn't make out any words, but it sounded like possible voices. I have only tried once, but when I intend on trying somemore when I have the time. I plan on adding white noise from a synth the next to see if the voices are clearer.

On a side note Steve Wilson from the band Porcupine Tree has a solo ambient project called Bass Communion. The latest Bass Communion Cd called 'Ghosts on Magnetic Tape' has his interpretation of Raudive Voices caught on tape. There are no actual voices on the CD only eerie music. There is also a remixed version of the CD available that does contain actual Raudive Voices. These voices are supposedly from Dr. Raudives tapes recorded sometime in the '60's early '70's. I love both Cd's. very eeerie and ambient. highly recommended

• 2 months later...

1-Use an external microphone...

2-If you're using a Cassette Tape Recorder, ALWAYS use a brand-new tape...

304656[/snapback]

Any suggestions on type of mic? Pro vocal or crappy computer / tape deck mic?

Same question about tape. Any luck with one kind of tape over the other?

Wow,  blink.gif to much information in one morning isn't good!

304703[/snapback]

I'll say it's only gonna be 8am for me!

I think the "voices" on the tapes are just demons. They get peoples hopes up, thinking "HOLY CRAP! I just heard my wife/g-ma/g-pa/husband/child/whatever!" Then they go and try to record more, and they get so engulfed in it that they're pretty much searching for demons!